Important Survey - Please Participate ×

thinking of increasing titration rate

[te...]

Hey all,

My usual dose was .5mg/day.  I started titrating at 10% every 14 days, then when I reached 50ml, I started 10%  every 10 days.  I'm doing relatively ok, and was thinking of reducing 2ml/day for the remainder of my titration.  I'm down to 38ml tonight.  What do you guys think?  Is this too aggressive?  I don't want to have major w/d issues when I reach 0ml but I don't want to draw this out forever.

Thanks.

Hi, tekksan.  ;D

I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well with your taper.  You are already down to 38 ml. Awesome!

I don't know if it would make any difference, but consider cutting the same 1ml but doing it every 3-4 days depending on how you feel.  You are cutting a very small dose so it may not matter at this point but, in general, it is better to make smaller cuts but more frequently if you want to speed up a bit.  Does this make sense?

You mean cut an extra 1ml every 3-4 days so like:

day 1 = 38

day 2 = 36

day 3 = 35

day 4 = 34

day 5 = 33

day 6 = 32

day 7 = 30

or something like that?

No, more like

Day 1: 38ml

Day 3: 37ml

Day 6 or 7: 36ml

1ml reductions, but make them twice a week instead of once a week.  Is that clearer?

that's slower than I've been going by quite a bit.  I've been doing 1ml every day for the past couple of weeks and before that I was doing 10ml every 14 days.  Are you saying I should slow down to reducing 2ml/week?

Hey all,

My usual dose was .5mg/day.  I started titrating at 10% every 14 days, then when I reached 50ml, I started 10%  every 10 days.  I'm doing relatively ok, and was thinking of reducing 2ml/day for the remainder of my titration.  I'm down to 38ml tonight.  What do you guys think?  Is this too aggressive?   I don't want to have major w/d issues when I reach 0ml but I don't want to draw this out forever.

Thanks.

Hey tekksan,

It would help us out if you could add your signature line! ;D My two cents is to keep doing what you are doing if you are feeling good, 38 days left is not very long in benzo time!

T2 :smitten:

that's slower than I've been going by quite a bit.  I've been doing 1ml every day for the past couple of weeks and before that I was doing 10ml every 14 days.  Are you saying I should slow down to reducing 2ml/week?

I'm sorry, tekksan.  :D I thought you were cutting 1 ml every week, not every day!  No, I didn't mean to suggest you slow down if 1ml/day is working well for you.  You could try the 2ml/day cuts for a while and see how you feel or stick with your current schedule and slide right on off in 38 days.  ;)

I think I'll do 1ml/day most days, then twice a week cut 2ml.  That should cut off about two weeks.   Thanks!

Hi tekksan,

Sounds like a plan, you are in control!

T2 :smitten: