I'm ok.... finally...

[...]

Sorry. Yes noted it before it gets renmoved!

Take care

Angel xx

I'd like to remind everyone that posting of contact information is against the rules of this forum. It's obvious you know this rule exists. We have very good reasons to ask that you not post personal information. We are keeping our members safe from others using this information for nefarious purposes. Please keep in mind that you don't know who else might be reading these posts.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Li...]

• [Ho...]

• [An...]

hi Julie :) Thanks... I am happy that I can offer hope to anyone going thru this...  What I needed back in Feb was a week or two at a spa, lol Not K.

Hi Hope, I was not aware to be honest.  I don't read much on the alerts but I wont post it again.

hi Julie :) Thanks... I am happy that I can offer hope to anyone going thru this...  What I needed back in Feb was a week or two at a spa, lol Not K.

Hi Hope, I was not aware to be honest.  I don't read much on the alerts but I wont post it again.

I've included a link to the FUM so that you may familiarize yourself with it. Thank you for understanding. We are simply looking out for our members personal security...especially when many are so ill with withdrawal.  :)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.0

Thanks again

OMG LP!

Information how to stay in touch with you has been removed - urgh!

Perhaps I can find you and Mary via FB...

Happy Wednesday!

OMG LP!

Information how to stay in touch with you has been removed - urgh!

Perhaps I can find you and Mary via FB...

Happy Wednesday!

I'm sorry. It is not permitted to give out any personal information, including facebook profile information (or any social networks), names, email addresses...etc. Please read the rules of this forum.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9681.0

edit: added quote

i dont even know your name Lida, kinda of strange how you can go thru so much with a person and then not be able to talk outside of a post on a forum...

xo

I understand your frustration. I really do. I understand that people get close here at BB, for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, the PM system is still down. This is also to protect out members from numerous attempts at cracking into BB PMs.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=38876.0

We hope to get the system up again soon. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. In the meantime, as I explained earlier, to post any personal information on the forum could lead to people, who may not have your best interest at heart, being able to contact you. Search your name...etc. This is a public forum. People need not be members to access the forum boards.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but our members security and well being is our first and foremost concern here at BB.

Very strange indeed. I have a name that is so unique that if you were to google me, I would be the only name that would populate...

I belong to a lot of organizations and a member of the GA Bar so it is hard to give out my name.

Oh well, we will figure something out...

Personal Information

We do not allow posting of personal information such as full names, telephone numbers, addresses, and even e-mail addresses. Any personal information posted on the forum will be removed and a automatic 24 hour chat ban will be imposed if personal information is exchanged in the chat room. This might appear a little draconian, but it is common for people to make decisions (such as posting their phone number) that they would consider rash if they were not taking benzodiazepines. In the main, there is little reason for members to publish their personal details on the open forum.

Spammers employ spambots (miniature search engines that harvest e-mail addresses), so to help prevent your address being harvested, do not post it to the open forum. Instead, if you so wish, you can enable your e-mail address to be displayed within your profile, but since only members can view profiles, your address will be protected from the spambots. However, we still suggest that you keep your e-mail address set to hidden, the default setting.

We strongly discourage members from exchanging personal information through the PM system. It is our experience that while withdrawing members can be very vulnerable and once information is exchanged there is no retrieving it.

While we do our best to insure that the forum is a safe place, it is the nature of the Internet that we never can be 100% certain of anyone.  It is vital that you do not share your personal contact information or exchange social network details through the chat room, the PM system, or the forum boards. You should also avoid posting about where you live, your date of birth, your photo as your avatar, etc.

well Lida, dont vanish, lol once PM is working it will be easier :) For now lets focus on healing and doing our best to move on from this strange time in our lives...

:)

LP - I am new to this forum.  Have done a lot of reading but never posted.  I am so grateful that you posted your success story.  I tend to read the more positive side of withdrawal stories as I get completely overwhelmed and afraid when I read how people are struggling.  I, too, was on Clonazepam for only a short time but am living the same hellish withdrawal as you describe.  In fact yesterday I thought I was turning the corner then at 3:00 a.m. I was full of anxiety and insomnia and my head/ears were so full and I couldn't stop the spinning.  (I also suffer from Meniere's Disease which has gone crazy since jumping off).  Anyway, I just wanted to say that your story and posts that I read this morning allowed to be more accepting of what is still happening.  It's only been two weeks since I jumped off.  So I think I was hoping for quicker progress...like you said "just go with it".  Thanks for being so brave and for sharing...your words have helped me more than I can say. XXX

Hi LHB, I understand what you are going through. It is very hard and staying positive is sometimes an hour by hour fight. I was expecting to be healed 10 days later after I jumped. How could this little pill do so much harm, but it manages to do that and worse.

You will get better! I did a lot of meditation, ignoring what i was feeling, and used a lot of distraction! 

I still get tired, slight headaches, (very very slight they dont slow me down and I know this is the little brother of the massive ones I used to get!)

I am up this morning, playing with my dog and working on my photography.. Im great and like I got here, so will you!

Congrats on the hard battle won!

Thank you so much for the inspirational story! There are a few success stories that are my favorites and that I read over and over again

for strength and I consider yours one of them; so glad that your getting back to the wonderful business of living life! how much more exciting and sweet is it now? Once again your note keeps me going.

Mtnhigh

(Carlos)

Truly inspiring, man. I am down to 9 mg Valium today from 60 mg Valium (started at 3 mg Clonazepam) and I needed to hear your story because even though this is a terribly dark and uncomfortable place that very few will visit or understand, the notion of a light at the end of the tunnel is something very important to be heard by another person - and enough to carry me through. Thank you for your courage!

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your kind words. I used to read Pamsters success story a lot because if she could get better, so could I :)

We are going to beat this and live life like never before.

This weekend I went away and had such a great time. I took a picture of a scene that made it all the worthwhile.

Are we able to post pics ?  Let me know and I will share.

Life is getting better... I still don't have all my energy but that will come in time. I was in very good shape before this, now? Man... I get winded easily.

I'll take that over nightmare anxiety anytime... and the hellish list of crap I had..

Hey LP!

I'm so happy you are doing so great!! I am finally off Klonopin myself (6 days off) and I just wanted to ask you a question because we were on it for around the same length of time. I have full force insomnia...I can't sleep AT ALL. My body is so tired and exhausted but my brain won't let me rest. What did you do to help this problem? And how long did it last? Everyone is telling me to go see my doctor for sleeping pills, but another pill is the last thing I want. I never thought I'd get insomnia because I use to sleep so well and have sleep apnea...but it's here and I don't know what to do...  :-[

Hi Sunkis!

Yes i had that in the beginning. It was utterly terrible.  I would lay down and I would have racing thoughts, anxiety..

I battled it by not staying in bed. If I found myself tossing and turning for 30 minutes, I would go to the living room and put something really boring on tv.

I would drink chamomile tea with warm milk. When I felt really tired, I would go try again. This happened about 1 to 3 times, repeat the cycle until I went out.

I also would take unisom and the tea by the 2nd time i would get up from bed. The unisom makes some people groggy the next day, that didn't happen for me.

I think the worst of it ended after 3 weeks...  The body will force u to sleep.  I will say this, avoid all naps during the day!!!!! Save it for the night.

Oh I also did meditation cd's... those helped calm my body.

Just steal yourself for a months battle vs a few weeks... (maybe it will only be weeks for u, I pray so) I am a lot better, but like I said, my fatigue is still there, random low level headache here and there.

But I do everything I did before and a bit more.. When I was deep in WD I stopped living life.. It was so very hard. 

You will get there!!

I've found meditation helps. I have a few different kinds on my iPod. I practice this during the day then at night I try to get into a meditative state while in bed. It may not always help me sleep but it helps the anxiety surrounding not sleeping...so it doesn't feel as bad.

Another suggestion I have is to download some audio books if you have an mp3 player. It's rather nice. You lie in bed and it's like someone telling you a story. It helps keep your mind off the fact that you're not sleeping.

Congrats Luis on your healing! I am so very happy for you that you are doing so well. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story, it gives so many hope to read it. Take care and enjoy life  :yippee::smitten::thumbsup:

DITTO!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LP, just checking ino n you - miss you!

I have been busy working and taking care of me; have had a few bouts with anxiety (night time stuff) but my new coping skills keep me grounded. I pray you are doing fabulously well and continuing to enjoy life.

Take care,

Lida