Hair Loss....Extreme and Sudden

[Re...]

Aww, man, I hate those. No matter how "mature" you are, you never quite get used to having a man that you are not intimate with poking at your junk.  ::)

More news:  talked w/ another mom (friend of my son) who said her sister had this exact problem, not as severe but as sudden.  Shots cleared it up. It DID go away.

Mine is worse this a.m.  I don't look everyday, only look when I wash my hair and am intentionally only washing 2 x a week.  So today was wash day and there is a whole new area now to the left. And it is not small. It is worrisome because it is/was part of the camo system I have to cover the worst of it.

Oh well.  Accept. Cope. Hope.  And occasionally look over the wig selection online.....just as a back up and to reassure me that if the worst happens, it's hardly the end of the world...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Re...]

• [Pr...]

• [ma...]

• [Fi...]

Quote "Ok, what my research shows:  a taper is best with getting off hormones.    Makes sense."

Figure it this way... as you slowly reduce the hormones and stablize each time, you'll likely feel better and better overall. That is, after each initial drop and the leveling of your brain chemistry for the first few days.. *hugs K 

Absolutely.  It's a med that builds up in your system over time, so seems smart that it would need to leave over time.  I was told about 6 weeks.

Hi, all. Well, I have good news and bad news.  The bad is just what you'd expect:  my hair loss is worse.  Every time I wash it, it's a lesson in disappointment. It's not terribly fast (not as it was in the beginning, I guess) but still happening and steady.  The good news:  I ordered and received a wig and I love it.  Haven't tried it on yet...but the color and style look awesome.  Not terrible, not fakey or weird. I mean, if I end up there, it will be very different and I'm sure there will be comments about different but I don't think they will be comments on "wig!"

I went ahead and ordered it because I am getting thin at the temples.  If that gets enough worse, I won't be able to cover it anymore.  I wanted the wig on hand in case that happened.  If not - if I don't end up needing it -  it is new in box.  I can resell it.

Trying to not let it get me down.  Such a sad day, 9/11.  Especially this year. 

Readytobewell.. I know this might be hard to believe when you look at the balding areas of your head and see no hair.. I thought the loss was permanent for sure! Afterall the hair was completely gone and it didn't look like it was going to come back again... but ... It did!!! I was actually very surprised.. I hope that's what happens for you.. and if nothing else you can donate the wig to a cancer survivors wing at a local hospital or something.. That's what I'm hoping for you.. that you wasted your money on the wig.. *hehehe *Kathy