Titration Method

[So...]

Hi, Sound.

I keep some Calms Forte around and knowing it's there helps.  I still try to deal with my anxiety without it but I do occasionally take a few tablets.  They won't hurt you or interfere with your taper.  I expect the liquid titration will be so smooth you will barely notice any change but life still throws us curves from time to time, whether or not we are coming off of benzos.  ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [el...]

• [Co...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words that would be 14% in 2 weeks. Or 7% for 2 weeks. If it means 14% in 2 weeks, think that would be too fast. I think 5% a week would be better.Rather go slow then have to go back. I have been having trouble cutting. Or do you mean going down by 7% the whole time to end?Want this to work so bad that I don't want to be disappointed. I am not a baby but have been through hell with this junk. Need to be functionable. My best to all and thanks.

I am just a layman and should leave it up to Colin. Maybe there is a reason with titration to move a little faster rather than draw it out. Just don't want to get in trouble. Have felt lousy too long. Plus tried so hard to get rid of the last two. But all I hear is go slow and steady. I tried to go slow but couldn't keep steady.

HI Sound,

I will work up a schedule later today for taper rate of 5% over seven days. Do you require Monday 30th to be your start date?

HI Sound,

Do you require Monday 30th to be your start date?

. July 10 would be a good starting date. 

HI Sound,

Do you require Monday 30th to be your start date?

. July 10 would be a good starting date. 

Thanks.

I am just a layman and should leave it up to Colin. Maybe there is a reason with titration to move a little faster rather than draw it out. Just don't want to get in trouble. Have felt lousy too long. Plus tried so hard to get rid of the last two. But all I hear is go slow and steady. I tried to go slow but couldn't keep steady.

Hi sound,

Just wanted to wish you luck on your titration. Colin hooked me up with a good schedule. You can always go faster or slower depending on how you feel. It is a very good method, and gives you total control!

They will take good care of you here! Good luck with your titration!

Hi Sound! Getting ready to start your taper this week? Colin will have your schedule ready for you by the 10th. Hope you are doing ok. 

Hi Sound,

I've out up your titration schedule. Let us know if you need it adjusting at any stage, or if you have any questions: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-soundv96-2008-07-09.html.

Please add the following code to your signature in your profile:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-soundv96-2008-07-09.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Make your liquid for the day with 100ml of homogenised full-fat milk, a whole 0.5mg pill, and drink the amount indicated by the schedule. You will take another whole 0.5mg pill per day too. Since you take your dose twice per day, it would be better to take half a 0.5mg pill, and about half of your liquid in the morning, and the other half pill and remaining liquid dose in the evening. This way you will keep the two doses even.

Please print off your schedule too. This is important in case you cannot reach the site or BenzoBuddies is down for some reason.

Take care, and good luck. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the schedule. Don"t understand when you get to Oct. 3 there is no tabs. I will be left with a 0.5 pill to get off yet. Willing to make the liquid twice a day. Keep going down the same amount for each pill to the end. Could I if I wanted  start with the 86 mi and 1 tab and do that twice a day or you recommend takin 1/2 the solution and 1/2 a pill twice a day.  What happens Oct. 3 is what has me mixed up. Should 1/2 tab or 0.5 written in there?  Then you would drink 1/2 of the amount  in morning and the other at night. Please help straighten me out. Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks once again. Have a nice day.

Sound, Colin will get back to you on this. For now, just go ahead and start. Do you understand the beginning of it?

Hi Sound,

The schedule lists the amount of liquid you drink from the 100ml, and the number of additional tablets you take per day. At present, you take two tablets (well, slightly less) - you titrate one of them, and take the other untitrated (probably split in half and taken 12 hours apart).

Read the main instructions for titration - you titrate JUST ONE OF THE PILLS at a time. ;)

Hey sound,

let us know how things are going with your titration. Any difficulties, or questions? We're here!

I ' take these vitamins. Centrum Silver, Vitamin E 200, Vitamin C - 1000, Panothenic Acid 250,  Garlique and B Complex 50.  Just read not to take the B Complex. How about the other ones? Should I be taking a calcium magnezium & zinc? Have some Gaba and Calm's Forte on hand. Would any of those be helpful? Your help is always greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I ' take these vitamins. Centrum Silver, Vitamin E 200, Vitamin C - 1000, Panothenic Acid 250,  Garlique and B Complex 50.  Just read not to take the B Complex. How about the other ones? Should I be taking a calcium magnezium & zinc? Have some Gaba and Calm's Forte on hand. Would any of those be helpful? Your help is always greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Centrum Silver has B vits. in it, so I wouldn't take those.  Gaba made my symptoms worse.  Everything else seems ok as long as you feel ok, I haven't taken Calm's Forte but a lot of people do and have good results.  Just add one thing at a time to make sure it's working for you.  :smitten:

Sound, you might want to cut out the B for the time being. Maybe you can add back a half dose in a few weeks and see how you do. The others should be ok. And you will still get some B in the centrum.

Be careful with The GABA supplement. Dont take it daily, it will lose effectiveness, and it also may hinder the healing of your GABA receptors. Use it only if you are having bad sleep problems, and then sparingly. Same with the calms forte. I like this one, but if used too much, it will lose effectiveness.

Chamomile tea is also very good, and something you can use more often. It's calming.    

Woops, sorry ts, lol! As for the centrum, it has a small amount of B. You might want to take a half and see how it goes.

I did fine with all my vites. We're all different.

What is the reason for not taking the B Complex? Have taken if for yrs. Tapered down from 4 (.05) 's to 2 and was tAKING THE b COMPLEX AT THAT TIME.

tAPERED THEM  12/05 - 12/06. Just having a hard time with these last 2. I was under the impression that B comples helped with anxiety. Will await your answer. Thank you.  I also take atenol 25 mg. Does that cause any trouble with withdrawl? Greatful for your help.

The B vits do help with anxiety, stress and other things but it also revs up wd symptoms.  I tried to take it during wd but instead of it helping the burning in my feet (which is causes by nerves) it made it worse.  Much worse.  I don't know anything about atenol but maybe someone else does. 

Supplements effect everyone differently but it seems that the B's have a neg. effect on most everyone.  Would probably be best to lay off them until you've been off a while. 

Sound,

I don't think atenol is a problem for wd. It may actually have a calming effect on your system, as it is desiqned to slow the heart rate and lower BP. Besides, it is a drug you need, so please don't stop it!!

• 4 weeks later...
My withdrawl problems are mainly lethargic and tired whick seems to last the longest. Theshaking will go, muscle aches will ease and gastric problems will simmer. I usually wait till the shaking is somewhat calm to cut.  Will the lower you go help with the lethargic and tiredness. Can these symptons last throughout the whole withdrawl? Do you just have to grin & bare it and keep trudging along no matter what? Dry cutting before and even tiredness would go but would get to .75 Klonopin and the shakiness would become unbearable. Cutting slowly. Anxious to start the titration. But held off because of some trauma. Should I start even though I am lethargic and tired?

Hi, Sound.

I'm going through a fatigue phase myself but couldn't help but wonder if, in your case, the atenolol isn't responsible for some of it.  Do you have a blood pressure monitor so you can make sure yours isn't going too low?  I had that problem when I was put on bp medicine and finally had to go off it.

Here are some possible side effects of atenolol:

"Based on these studies, the most common atenolol side effects include:

Tiredness -- up to 26 percent

Dizziness -- up to 13 percent

Depression -- up to 12 percent (see Atenolol and Depression)

Shortness of breath -- up to 6 percent

Cold, tingling, or numbness in the hands or feet -- up to 12 percent.

Other common side effects of atenolol (occurring in more than 1 percent of people and more often in the group taking atenolol) include but are not limited to:

Slow heart rate (bradycardia)

A decrease in blood pressure when going from a lying-down or sitting position to standing

A spinning sensation (vertigo)

Lightheadedness

Diarrhea

Nausea"

Of course, you shouldn't stop it without checking with your doctor but I wanted to raise the possibility that your tiredness may not be all benzo-related.

• 1 month later...
Can you use water or juice as your liquid for Titration?  Since I will have to take half in morning and half at night, I am afraid using milk and the seconfd half would have to be refrigerated for 12 hrs. could cause it to become less potent as Klonopin is not to be stored at a cold temperature. Would feel safer with water then I can just let it sit out?  Will await your answer. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can you use water or juice as your liquid for Titration?  Since I will have to take half in morning and half at night, I am afraid using milk and the seconfd half would have to be refrigerated for 12 hrs. could cause it to become less potent as Klonopin is not to be stored at a cold temperature. Would feel safer with water then I can just let it sit out?  Will await your answer. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi sound!

Good to hear from you. While it is fine to use water, it's also perfectly fine to save the second half of the milk/klon in the fridge for 12 hours. Some people save it even longer. I've never heard of any problems with this regarding potency.

If you do decide to use water, you just need to be extra diligent with mixing. Since milk helps suspend the benzo particles much better than water, you have to agitate it very well and immediately measure out and drink your dose before it settles.

Just a love. Thank you for your fast response. Went to Dr. yesterday. Feels sorry for me as  I have tried so hard to get off. You know the history. Explained the titration and said why not try. Thought the schedule was too fast for me. This is what he outlined. Crush and put one 0.5 Klonopin in cylinder and withdraw up to 90 and take 45 and 1/2 of the other 0.5 in the morning and repeat at night for 2 weeks. Then go down to 88 and do the same. Would be 44 and 1/2 of the other 0.5 for 2 weeks. Going down by 2 mls every 2 weeks. Wants to go slow and see how I do. Do you think that is too slow and I will be getting no where? I will use the milk.