Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Bringing up Annie 🐕

[or...]

[An...]
On 29/04/2024 at 22:17, [[B...] said:

@[or...], Thank you so much for introducing us to Annie!  She made my day!  I love the picture of her looking in the mirror.  ❤

I tried the mirror thing with my cat Molly. She does not even react. LOL

They say most pets like dogs and cats don't know what they look like, but my cat recognizes other cats and she knows me from my brother and strangers that come to the house. Maybe, she does not know she is a cat too. 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

firstlookinthemirror.thumb.jpg.5bd1dd227aa25e82bd119e6c1299d18a.jpgfirstlookinthemirror.thumb.jpg.5bd1dd227aa25e82bd119e6c1299d18a.jpg

Ah, this is like so cute. 👍 I am in love with your little Annie. 

• Like 2

[or...]
3 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Ah, this is like so cute. 👍 I am in love with your little Annie. 

Makes me believes there's someone "up there" looking over us because how scared I was that I was too old, and with the benzo wd sxs, felt I might not handle it but she is so good for me and my recovery :classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

[pi...]

She’s just too cute! How lovely for her to have such a good dog mom and I believe the distraction and fun taking care of her will aid in your taper and recovery.

• Like 3

[An...]
8 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

She’s just too cute! How lovely for her to have such a good dog mom and I believe the distraction and fun taking care of her will aid in your taper and recovery.

Ditto!👍

• Like 2

[or...]
2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hi Pianogirl, good to see you,

She's a handful but anyone that's raised a puppy knows what I'm talking about ;)  I'm getting a lot of distraction from more unhealthy things like TV, yuck, and so tired I don't even remember my C-dose in the a.m. but I come close to the time at least.

She's really a good, smart little thing, and like I keep saying, I'm being trained and learning I actually can learn some new tricks at my age:classic_biggrin: OL

[or...]

We are doing so good here I can hardly believe it.  Annie is so teachable, and I've probably learned way more than her.  It's been years and years since I had a puppy to raise, about '93 I had my last pup.  I was married, had a big house w/yard and doggy door, and worked a regular job.  My x was home quite a bit as he was not a 9 to 5'r ;)

Anyway, I'll try to add a picture here of us this a.m., Annie and I.  I am on day 8 of my last taper and amazingly, the taper from 53 % down to 50 % is going so good.  I would be so happy to do this each time, as it would cut down so much on the taper time, but I'll keep sticking to listening to my body.

All the extra work/exercise I get with Annie has been a real blessing.  Her and I both are sleep clear through the night, 6-7 hours.  Slow tapers are highly recommended by me for quality of life while still only tapering:

thismorning5_9_24.jpg.87eea84322f1adb85e0f8f0eab2e8562.jpg

• Love 2

[Ad...]

What a darling picture of both of you. So glad your increased amount of taper is working. Maybe we'll get through this thing quicker than we think, but certainly no rush.

• Like 1

[or...]
3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

What a darling picture of both of you. So glad your increased amount of taper is working. Maybe we'll get through this thing quicker than we think, but certainly no rush.

It's kind of a blessing seeing as how I've been so stressed out, but still doing good on my sleep, and all the extra exercise!  I'm worn out half the time but it actually feels good :) :hug:

Annie and I are both doing good.  I just got her new harness and leash combo yesterday and we went out to try it out.  She did so good considering being outside was new to her, at least since I brought her home.  I had to keep her in (Vet and lady I got her from both said) because her lack of series shots.  Of course she is used to potty pads which I've always taken my dogs outside to potty, so it's been rough.  She learned so fast, just like a natural at it.

The "walk" the first day was just getting familiar with the grassy lawns around the place.  She never potty'd at all but then she had already gone on the pads.  Yesterday she didn't go outside potty either, but we managed to go around the whole building once.  I don't know how to train her best, so I just kept from jerking her around and let her wander, around from one side of me and back.  She staying close, and just was so alert to everything and curious.

Just must seem so huge to such a little puppy, and she's only 90 days, or I guess 3 months old today.  I can hardly believe we've made it this far as I've had quite a few moments when I wondered why I got a puppy.  Then she gets worn out from playing and gets real calm and just has her toys to chew on instead of what I'm wearing :nono:

I just keep thinking of "Girls just want to have fun" by Cindi Lauper, :wacko: :2funny: She is learning to jump up, and over things of course, and my apt. looks like I'm preparing a barricade for intruders.  We are moving on the 20th of June, so from scratch, I'll make my apartment puppy-proof for her safety, and my peace of mind.  It gets cold and snows where we are moving, so maybe her being trained to use a potty pad, I can put one out on my balcony for really bad weather days.  I walk year-round here and want to with her as well, so I just mean the real stormy days.

Any feedback, how-to's with puppies would sure be welcome.  Some of the videos I see are just so much jabber, instead of just getting to the point.  It's too much information, so I'm mostly winging it with me so-called motherly instincts ;) oregonlady PS Hope you are all doing good out there today!!:hug:

onefavenapspot.jpg.f89d18a2e58b9d911c7593e96b60659c.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, [[m...] said:

She's so adorable. I dream of having a dog one day

I did too, and finally got her :)  I sure didn't know how much work she would be, but it's been a real blessing to keep my so busy I haven't the time to think about my wd sxs at all, LOL!!  I don't have many sxs to be fair though but I sure am tired, and wow, my sleep has gone from insomnia to 6-7 hours a night!! OL PS  Welcome to BB, so glad you found the site Mia!!

butterflyWelcome.jpg.5e71690734f6e087f204f4fc4fdd8d71.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Such a cutie pie. I wonder if it would help to take one of the lightly used potty pads outside to help her get the idea? 

that's not a bad idea when we move, but she did so good today when we went out at noon'ish and she did a # 2 so I praised her bigtime :)  She was way better on the leash, and we had a nice, sunny day too :) We're going out again soon, and I did get the final word on the apt., I'm in!!  So the move will go ahead on the 20th!!

• Like 1