Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

When I first cold turkeyered in 21

[Fo...]

[Fo...]

I had such severe pain in my hands , wrists and feet, like glass feeling.  I then would go on to have alot more pain allover, including everytime I ate. I would have these attacks of pain and my heart would sky rocket on and off for a long time. I want to know if this sounds like the benzo/ssri.  I sometimes wonder if it wasn't that all along but doctors could not find another reason. I had intercoastal neuralgia and severe back pain etc.  When I recently got sick I my cns was destroyed almost like being back in acute, couldn't walk, arms were heavy also, major panic and stomach issues from the second my eyes opened. It's insane.

[Ma...]

Last summer I too couldn’t walk and my arms-I just couldn’t lift them either. I had to have in-home physical therapy.

Gut issues are universal, IMO, going through this. Most of our serotonin is created in our gut and gut health is paramount for us in w/d. That’s 1 of the reasons so many, if not everyone, promotes a clean diet. Try Kefir-it’s a natural antibiotic and superb probiotic.

Also lifting water bottles or hand weights, leg lifts or bringing your knees to your chest if you’re in bed, and doing what you can to keep your body from atrophy is really important.

My heart skips beats, I get tachycardia and feel like I’m having a heart attack. I take a baby aspirin every day-just in case 🤦‍♀️.

All of it is insane-all of it. But, and you know this, our nervous system (central, sympathetic, autonomic) is injured and working hard to repair itself. I see the repair as going around my system so say, okay-today my legs are really weak, guess that’s being worked on right now!

It will all resolve. Patience is the order of the day-every day-until we come out the other side just like all those before us!

• Like 1

[Gi...]
On 25/04/2024 at 13:17, [[F...] said:

I had such severe pain in my hands , wrists and feet, like glass feeling.  I then would go on to have alot more pain allover, including everytime I ate. I would have these attacks of pain and my heart would sky rocket on and off for a long time. I want to know if this sounds like the benzo/ssri.  I sometimes wonder if it wasn't that all along but doctors could not find another reason. I had intercoastal neuralgia and severe back pain etc.  When I recently got sick I my cns was destroyed almost like being back in acute, couldn't walk, arms were heavy also, major panic and stomach issues from the second my eyes opened. It's insane.

Hi Foxclover,

I am a very short user of z drugs. Took about 12 tablets all together over 6 weeks and they caused me massive muscle issues including torso and back rigidity and spasms, jerks, pulling and twisting, squeezing including neck stiffness.

Do you feel an overall improvement from these symptoms at the point?

Thank you ❤️

[Fo...]
On 25/04/2024 at 09:27, [[M...] said:

Last summer I too couldn’t walk and my arms-I just couldn’t lift them either. I had to have in-home physical therapy.

Gut issues are universal, IMO, going through this. Most of our serotonin is created in our gut and gut health is paramount for us in w/d. That’s 1 of the reasons so many, if not everyone, promotes a clean diet. Try Kefir-it’s a natural antibiotic and superb probiotic.

Also lifting water bottles or hand weights, leg lifts or bringing your knees to your chest if you’re in bed, and doing what you can to keep your body from atrophy is really important.

My heart skips beats, I get tachycardia and feel like I’m having a heart attack. I take a baby aspirin every day-just in case 🤦‍♀️.

All of it is insane-all of it. But, and you know this, our nervous system (central, sympathetic, autonomic) is injured and working hard to repair itself. I see the repair as going around my system so say, okay-today my legs are really weak, guess that’s being worked on right now!

It will all resolve. Patience is the order of the day-every day-until we come out the other side just like all those before us!

2.5 years out Mary and still just sometimes can't believe what I've been through.

[Ma...]

Ditto @[Fo...]. Ditto and then some.

I would NEVER believe it if someone told me. Never in a million years.

Soon, I mean it: SOON, this will be behind us!

• Like 1

[Fo...]
5 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hi Foxclover,

I am a very short user of z drugs. Took about 12 tablets all together over 6 weeks and they caused me massive muscle issues including torso and back rigidity and spasms, jerks, pulling and twisting, squeezing including neck stiffness.

Do you feel an overall improvement from these symptoms at the point?

Thank you ❤️

It will get better, I'm not healed but my pain is less than it used to be, try keep your immune system up because getting sick is so to tough on us. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2024 at 07:17, [[F...] said:

all the stuff at the beginning was part of my recovery. was about a year before I had real progress with it.