Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Brain not braining when with others…

[Ma...]

[Ma...]

It’s not dp/dr it’s more like 1/4 of my brain is just missing.

I feel ‘myself’ somewhere deep inside but I communicate like a 5 year old, like…something is missing; embryonic. Like in a fish bowl, tin can looking out from an abyss that’s disorienting and extremely unpleasant.

Definite cognitive decline but it’s more, it’s like a freeze response within my brain but more…sometimes I can communicate fairly normal but then my brain just stops working-I can feel my head just turn away and it all shuts off.

Often when people are talking to me-and quite frankly sharing too much-inside I am thinking to myself, ‘I don’t care, when are you going to stop? You need to hurry up and just stop…’ It’s not panic…errrrrr 🥹

Does that make any sense? Does anyone relate?

Edited by [Ma...]

[Al...]

Yes, I can relate. I can’t put frases or sentences together or I speak backwards. I get exhausted talking for only minutes at the time. I can’t remember familiar names. It seems like I can read but writing is also a big effort. Listening is also limited to short periods whether is music or people taking. My loved ones know to talk to me on a soft voice and for a short time. No more long conversations for me, my brain just can’t handle it. I also have trouble with numbers, math, figures, etc.

• Like 1

[Be...]

Speaking is very hard me too.  I really speak at all during the week unless I have to.