Brain shaking, vibrations after switch to Teva brand. Intensity in symptoms.

[ns...]

I've been in severe withdrawal for months. Just tried to keep it to myself. I tried to jump but it was evidently too soon.

Had to switch to Teva brand last week. Now  the symptoms are so much more intense and my brain feels like it's shaking and vibrating.  It's difficult to hold my head up because my neck is in spasms from this which goes down my spine.

I had to go back to my leading brand in hopes these symptoms will stop!

The vibrating, shaking, electrical current is running through me literally, fro.head to toe making it difficult to be functional. 

Muscle squeezing and spasms inside and out which ivd had for quite awhile now are even more intense than I ever thought possible. Stinging, like bees everywhere and I mean everywhere!

Recently i learned that the numbness from my waste down is from pain in my lumbar spine. I can't take anything for this.

MRI on the 1st for this 

Going to pain mngmt the 8th for that and neurologist for brain symptoms. 

I've read the brain shaking happens for some. It's debilitating!

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I'm just needing to get through this for myself right now. 

If you're experiencing this symptom I hope you'll express here how u feel, how it affects you and how you're doing.

Take care 

Ns

• Like 1

[Kr...]
9 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

been in severe withdrawal for months. Just tried to keep it to myself.

Please don’t keep it to yourself. That’s not very kind to do to yourself. You deserve to have us support you. Ok? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[Ka...]

Oh no @[ns...] you’ve had symptoms for such a long time. Knowing what is happening with the lumbar spine will be a step forward. Hopefully, that can be addressed & also pain management & neurologist is positive to hear. 

One of our dogs has acupuncture for his spine & it really helps so maybe that could be a consideration. 

Lorazepam seems to be very hard for you to tolerate & the brand thing is difficult. It will be very good when you can finally reduce enough to stop. 
wishing you well. 

• Like 3

[ns...]
41 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Please don’t keep it to yourself. That’s not very kind to do to yourself. You deserve to have us support you. Ok? 

Thank you Krissirk888 😊 

Just so very difficult.

I'm grateful for support 

[ns...]
23 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Oh no @[ns...] you’ve had symptoms for such a long time. Knowing what is happening with the lumbar spine will be a step forward. Hopefully, that can be addressed & also pain management & neurologist is positive to hear. 

One of our dogs has acupuncture for his spine & it really helps so maybe that could be a consideration. 

Lorazepam seems to be very hard for you to tolerate & the brand thing is difficult. It will be very good when you can finally reduce enough to stop. 
wishing you well. 

Hi Katrina, 

Yes lorazepam has been a monster for me. On it its miserable, off of it it's worse.

Thanks for the tip about acupuncture. I'll look into it.

I think mostly it's neurological but my back is making difficult to move. Can't walk, stand, sit or lie day without pain. 

I decided to use my tens unit after it caused my symptoms to intensity last yr.  It actually helped some last night. Odd that it works for me now. Hopefully this us a good sign.

Hope your doing well Katrina, 

Thank you 😊 

• Like 3

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Thank you Krissirk888 😊 

Just so very difficult.

I'm grateful for support 

I hope your feeling better Krissirk888. 💓 

• Like 1

@[ns...], so sorry to hear of your suffering. Just want to say i do feel for you and hope you'll soon get better! You're a tough fighter and better days are to come🌺

• Like 2

[Bu...]

Hey @[ns...],

I've been wondering how you've been.  I'm so sorry!  This has been such a rough road for you.  I'm glad the tens unit helped; I take that as a good sign. I take anything that helps as a good sign! 

I always had a miserable time switching between manufacturers.  Finally I just told the pharmacy that I was allergic to the fillers in anything except the brand I had been on and they would special order it for me.  (Except of course when there were shortages for that brand, which is why I decided to get off the merry-go-round.)

Anyway, keep us posted and as always, you're in my prayers.:hug:

• Like 3

[ns...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[ns...],

I've been wondering how you've been.  I'm so sorry!  This has been such a rough road for you.  I'm glad the tens unit helped; I take that as a good sign. I take anything that helps as a good sign! 

I always had a miserable time switching between manufacturers.  Finally I just told the pharmacy that I was allergic to the fillers in anything except the brand I had been on and they would special order it for me.  (Except of course when there were shortages for that brand, which is why I decided to get off the merry-go-round.)

Anyway, keep us posted and as always, you're in my prayers.:hug:

Thanks BurnTheShips 

I'm stuck with the brand but probably won't need them. I have almost a yrs worth at my current rate of taper and I dint have a doctor who will prescribe now. I think I have enough of the Leading brand for awhile. I had no idea it could get this bad. I tried Teva a couple months back and only gave me restless legs and a few allergy symptoms but nothing like this. I tried mixing them in but no go.

I feel close to being paralyzed but with feeling, it's really odd and miserable. 

I am a little less tonight, hopefully I'm adjusting to.the old brand. It wasn't great for me either but this won't work at all.

Thank u for your prayers 

Hope you've been getting enough sleep 😴 

Ns

[Ca...]

Ns -- so sorry to hear about the back pain. I have Teva valium and I hate it. I know the pharmacies buy the cheapest generics they can find and who knows what are in those fillers, I have had drugs from different manufacturers and the same drug from one manufacturer is three times as large as another generic from a different manufacturer. Just another reason to get off these meds. I know you're suffering. We are all here to help one another even if it's just lending a sympathetic ear. 

Burn the ships -- I am surprised the pharmacy would order anything else than what they stock. You must be very persuasive or live in a less regulated state than me!

• Like 1

Dear @[ns...], I am sorry that you are suffering so much. Your messages to me never hinted at so much pain. Wishing you well. I hope you find relief and the rest of your taper passes by smoothly. I will be thinking of you every single day and praying for you. 🙏 

• Like 1

[Bu...]
17 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Burn the ships -- I am surprised the pharmacy would order anything else than what they stock. You must be very persuasive or live in a less regulated state than me!

Probably live in a less regulated state.  Or maybe because I said "allergy" (best word I could think of to describe the reactions); no one wants to be responsible for an allergic reaction, I guess.  Anyway, I'm glad I'm off and don't have to deal with that mess anymore!

• Like 1

[ne...]

@[ns...] "The vibrating, shaking, electrical current is running through me literally, fro.head to toe making it difficult to be functional." I've had this very often in my journey. VERY often. Almost 24/7 so I understand. 

• Like 1

[ns...]
52 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Any better today?

Not so much BurnTheShips. Thought I might be this morning but worse today. Got my shower yay but the vibrating got so bad as I was getting out it almost knocked me down. If you plugged yourself into a socket and turned the current up.and down that would describe this! 

I literally started  having these sort of fits!

Thank God for my husband!

He massages me whenever I need it.

I pray NO ONE ever goes through this but I know some do, how tragic.

The muscle squeezing doesn't help and my back either! Just exhausting!

Trying to distract myself, it's really hard to do but it can ve done if I could just relax myself. 

Calling neuro tomorrow. Need to make sure the tumor hasn't grown even though I know there's probably nothing he can do for me if it's related to wd.

It'll pass, I know it will. Just gotta get through this one.

Thanks for asking ship's!

Ns

• Like 1

[ns...]
43 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

@[ns...] "The vibrating, shaking, electrical current is running through me literally, fro.head to toe making it difficult to be functional." I've had this very often in my journey. VERY often. Almost 24/7 so I understand. 

I'm so very sorry!

How do you cope you poor thing?

I didn't realize you had this, nit even in your posts did I understand. 

Please keep in touch ok

It helps to talk about these things and helps us to understand each other's suffering and hopefully we can share in how we cope ok

I'm sorry I haven't read your history, 

Are u tapering?

Did you jump?

What benzo?

Take care ok

Ns

[Ma...]

Oh @[ns...], I am so, so sorry this is happening to you.

In acute I was ‘vibrating’ with that electric zap going through every cell so badly, I thought my body would hurl itself out the window on its own.

I took a microdose of Propranolol and it stopped immediately.

I pray you find some relief sooner than soon!!

Edited by [Ma...]

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Oh @[ns...], I am so, so sorry this is happening to you.

In acute I was ‘vibrating’ with that electric zap going through every cell so badly, I thought my body would hurl itself out the window on its own.

I took a microdose of Propranolol and it stopped immediately.

I pray you find some relief sooner than soon!!

Thank u Mary1.

I had no idea you went through this too! I'm so sorry.

Sounds like a few here have also!

Propranolol?

I keep hearing about this.

Hopefully my neurologist will prescribe. Id at least like to try it if it helps that much!

Everything I've taken has been a mistake, i hope I can take it and hope it will help, Thanks you for mentioning it.

Take care 

[Ca...]

NSindy -- One of my main distractions is playing Words with Friends. I can't read except on the computer and can't watch TV. I am still tapering. If the propanalol doesn't work, Clonadine is another blood pressure medicine that the rehabs use for anxiety. Like propanalol, you have to be very judicious with it and monitor your blood pressure if you have a cuff because you don't want it dropping too low. Also, please make sure to drink a lot of water and use a little salt on your food if you take a BP med. I am assuming you dont currently have high BP or are already on a BP medicine. Hang in there. It's amazing what these drugs do to us. I am very very sorry you've had this particular symptom.:smitten:

• Like 1

[Ca...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Probably live in a less regulated state.  Or maybe because I said "allergy" (best word I could think of to describe the reactions); no one wants to be responsible for an allergic reaction, I guess.  Anyway, I'm glad I'm off and don't have to deal with that mess anymore!

Oh, I am certain it was the word "allergy". That's like shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

• Haha 1

[ns...]
59 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

NSindy -- One of my main distractions is playing Words with Friends. I can't read except on the computer and can't watch TV. I am still tapering. If the propanalol doesn't work, Clonadine is another blood pressure medicine that the rehabs use for anxiety. Like propanalol, you have to be very judicious with it and monitor your blood pressure if you have a cuff because you don't want it dropping too low. Also, please make sure to drink a lot of water and use a little salt on your food if you take a BP med. I am assuming you dont currently have high BP or are already on a BP medicine. Hang in there. It's amazing what these drugs do to us. I am very very sorry you've had this particular symptom.:smitten:

Thank u Carol Jean. Well, guess I won't be using propranolol. I have hyponatremia so that won't do!

Thanks for the heads-up. 

Ill.look into clonadine, thank you

Take care 

Ns

[Kr...]

Propranolol makes some people anxious and even a little manic. It worked the first time I took it and then every times after that first dose I would get  terrible anxiety and stimulated a few hours after taking it. 5-10mgs. Small doses.

• Like 1