Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Brain shaking, vibrations after switch to Teva brand. Intensity in symptoms.

[ns...]
47 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Wait, what?!?

Ships, it's that acoustic neuroma I've had for 7 yrs now. It's the reason we think I started having anxiety abd then lorazepam.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew this. It's not a big deal, it's very tiny but it can cause symptoms. This is why I want an mri just to be sure.

Sorry I scared you

:therethere:

[Bu...]

Whew! 😅 Ok.  I didn't remember that, so thanks for letting me know! 

[ns...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

Whew! 😅 Ok.  I didn't remember that, so thanks for letting me know! 

I'm so sorry ship's!

:highfive:

[Bu...]

That's ok, I'm just so glad there isn't something else wrong!  'Cause, girl, you got enough to deal with!  I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere. Curse my crummy short term memory! :wacko:

:mybuddy:

• Like 1

[ns...]

On my way to do exposure therapy vibrating and all!

I'm not any better, still the same but hopefully getting out and pushing through will help change my focus and give me a break from these symptoms. 

Gotta keep moving!

Take care 

Ns

• Like 2

[ns...]
11 hours ago, [[B...] said:

How'd it go @[ns...]?  

Morning BurnTheShips, 

It was good! Vibrating all the way through but it was so nice to be out!

Got a little shopping done too. I felt a little normal for a change at that was nice! Might go again today!

Still electrical current type Vibrating going thru me. So strange, on the verge of being knocked over now and then. You have no control over it so you hold your body tight which causes tension which makes more spasms. Even myneyes are kind of shimmering with this, odd!

It's a balancing act for sure.

I'm pushing through this, it's tough but what else can you do right.

I would recommend to anyone no matter how difficult the symptoms to keep pushing!

Don't get me wrong,  it's still miserable, it's still really hard, but giving in only makes things worse. I know I'll still break here and there but ill get up again and keep going!

It's mind over matter, faith and perseverance. I'm grateful for you and everyone here. You're a blessing!

How are you doing, are you sleeping?

Take care 

Ns

:starwars:

• Like 2

You are a very strong person nsindy. I hope this phase passes and you recover soon. 

• Like 1

[Bu...]
On 24/04/2024 at 12:08, [[n...] said:

Morning BurnTheShips, 

It was good! Vibrating all the way through but it was so nice to be out!

Got a little shopping done too. I felt a little normal for a change at that was nice! Might go again today!

Still electrical current type Vibrating going thru me. So strange, on the verge of being knocked over now and then. You have no control over it so you hold your body tight which causes tension which makes more spasms. Even myneyes are kind of shimmering with this, odd!

It's a balancing act for sure.

I'm pushing through this, it's tough but what else can you do right.

I would recommend to anyone no matter how difficult the symptoms to keep pushing!

Don't get me wrong,  it's still miserable, it's still really hard, but giving in only makes things worse. I know I'll still break here and there but ill get up again and keep going!

It's mind over matter, faith and perseverance. I'm grateful for you and everyone here. You're a blessing!

How are you doing, are you sleeping?

Take care 

Ns

:starwars:

Ok, first let me say I love your choice of emoji!  I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and that just about sums up all this craziness perfectly!

I'm glad the exposure went well.  Knowing when to push it and when to rest is the battle though, isn't it?

Thanks for asking about the sleep.  It's up, down, sideways and all over the place.  No discernible pattern.  I had about four days that went 8 hours, then 3, then 8 again, then 4.  Then four days of 7-8  broken, but mostly together, but then last night I got 1.  But I napped from 8:00 am till 1:00 pm.  Go figure.  I guess it'll sort itself out eventually.

I feel like each night I'm embarking on a new adventure...

• Like 1

[ns...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Ok, first let me say I love your choice of emoji!  I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and that just about sums up all this craziness perfectly!

I'm glad the exposure went well.  Knowing when to push it and when to rest is the battle though, isn't it?

Thanks for asking about the sleep.  It's up, down, sideways and all over the place.  No discernible pattern.  I had about four days that went 8 hours, then 3, then 8 again, then 4.  Then four days of 7-8  broken, but mostly together, but then last night I got 1.  But I napped from 8:00 am till 1:00 pm.  Go figure.  I guess it'll sort itself out eventually.

I feel like each night I'm embarking on a new adventure...

Oh sounds like you've been getting a ew hours anyway, that's good, better than before right.

The emoji I love.  The light fighting the darkness! The light always wins!

I've pushed too hard I guess. The muscle squeezing is on top of its game and it's not letting go! I had a little reprieve yesterday, in no way perfect but enough to notice. I guess it'll be this way till it's not tight.

It's exhausting. Like being punched all over or run over by a truck with bruises all over.

So strange the way this does our bodies. 

Going to neurologist tomorrow, idk what he can do but perhaps he'll see how I'm doing if I'm like I am now. I'm wanting a brain mri, it's been a yr and I need an update anyway. Can't use gadolinium but there's a new contrast, bright something so we'll see. I know this is all wd, I just do, but it's the pre existing stuff that causes me to question. Reassurance always helps for sure.

We will all get there, patients and strength to all who need!

Hope you sleep well tonight ship's!

Night

• Like 2

[Rh...]

I’m following this topic and am interested in updates on your MRI and if you’ll try propranolol or clonidine.

I have debilitating migraines and my neuro recommended propranolol but I’m so afraid to take anything as everything I’ve tried has made me worse.  I came off an AD 9 months ago and the severe migraines started then.

I’ll be thinking of you today and hope your MRI shows no changes.

• Like 1

[ns...]
11 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I’m following this topic and am interested in updates on your MRI and if you’ll try propranolol or clonidine.

I have debilitating migraines and my neuro recommended propranolol but I’m so afraid to take anything as everything I’ve tried has made me worse.  I came off an AD 9 months ago and the severe migraines started then.

I’ll be thinking of you today and hope your MRI shows no changes.

No update on neurologist. Saw a PA who only saw wd and wastes my time and money. 

Sorry you're suffering from migraines. I know they're miserable!

You could post about this as I don't know anything about the clonadine or propranolol. It was suggested by a few who've tried it here. Mary1 has tried it.

Take care

Ns

[ns...]

So neurologist was a waste of time. 

I've now having rapid weight gain 5lbs in 2 days, I'm sure its fluid retention. I have hyponatremia so it's really difficult to balance my sodium and other electrolytes. So much sitting that I think it's taking a toll.

Drinking peppermint tea to help as a diuretic. I'm short of breath and my skin is so tight, clothes are tight.

Anyone else experience edema or water retention during wd? 

Not sure what to do, er?

My first new doc appointment isn't until the 1st, that's 5 days away.

Was expecting to attempt some cleaning today, but is really difficult to stand. Heart palpitations and tachycardia symptoms again. Really tired and feel almost dizzy and out of sorts.

:muscle:

[Kr...]
On 27/04/2024 at 16:33, [[n...] said:

So neurologist was a waste of time.

Tell me about it’ at least you went.. now you know they’re no help.

im sure you’ll be fine.

If your gaining weight and not eating more, its fluid. I hope it’s not pitting edema where when you press on the tissue it leaves and indentation of the finger longer than normal. 

Edited by [Kr...]

[ns...]
3 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Tell me about it’ at least you went.. now you know they’re no help.

im sure you’ll be fine.

If your gaining weight and not eating more, its fluid. I hope it’s not pitting edema where when you press on the tissue it leaves and indentation of the finger longer than normal. 

Spent the day in the er. Bloodwork says No kidney or heart failure thank God!

Referred to primary for further tests.

Wd symptoms I suppose. I've never read or heard of fluid retention caused by wd. One person here said she has it but no reason given for her either.

Isn't it fun lol

Can't wait to be free!

• Like 2

[wi...]

I have definitely heard of fluid retention due to benzo wd. I had it and still get it. My ankles get very swollen as do the feet. It subsides but hasn’t gone yet
They get so swollen that my socks cut off my circulation. 
 Do you feet pulse and throb? Mine sure do. Sometimes my whole body will pulse where it feels like the fluid is going to rip out of my skin from the pulsing force.

• Like 1

[ns...]
17 hours ago, [[w...] said:

I have definitely heard of fluid retention due to benzo wd. I had it and still get it. My ankles get very swollen as do the feet. It subsides but hasn’t gone yet
They get so swollen that my socks cut off my circulation. 
 Do you feet pulse and throb? Mine sure do. Sometimes my whole body will pulse where it feels like the fluid is going to rip out of my skin from the pulsing force.

@[wi...], Thank you for sharing this, I'm sorry you have this but it helps ease my concerns. 

My limbs are swollen and so is my belly. I have 3 sizes of clothes. I never know what to expect so it's good I hsve them. It's really uncomfortable, my skin is so tight and my legs feel so heavy. 

Er doc was concerned about heart failure. Bloodwork and chest xray were negative. She did say that I need a work up from primary care to find the cause. 

I'm grateful you shared your symptoms. I won't worry so much but it sure is miserable for sure. Like all of them, I'll be glad when this symptom is gone, as I'm sure you will be too!

Take care 🙂 

Ns

[Ca...]

I have a lot of fluid retention and my ankles swell from my socks from w/d. I also have chronic kidney disease so should watch salt to a point but another w/d symptom I have is low blood pressure so I need to drink water and have some salt. Some get hit harder than others. Try taking short mild walks to keep your circulation going.

:classic_smile:

• Like 1