Should I take my last dose of Klonopin at bedtime to may be help with sleep???

[ca...]

[ca...]

Should I take my last dose of Klonopin at bedtime to may be help with sleep???  I'm currently taking Mirtazapine 15mg for sleep but is not helping lately.  I wonder if depression is the one affecting my sleep as I recently started tapering. 

[Th...]

Depression actually makes most people sleep more, not less.  It's definitely the Klonopin that is ruining your sleep.  Mirtazepine never worked for me either.  Seroquel worked the best, but left me with major brain fog and DP/DR.  How much sleep are you getting per night?  Remember that most people understate how much sleep they actually get, but insomnia is one of the main symptoms coming off of Benzos.  Peace.

• Like 1

[ca...]

Sleeping may 1 or 2 hours top. 

Research says that insomnia and depression are linked. I've been thinking about starting Zoloft for depression.

[Bu...]

Hello @[ca...],

I've been struggling with insomnia for quite a while now and I have found that the reasons for it can vary from time to time, including depression.  I'm in a period now where some nights I can't sleep from physical pain, some nights my brain just won't shut down and other nights it's because I am dealing with a wave of depression.  Actually, when I think about it, all three of these issues can cycle through in one night.

How much Klonopin are you taking and at what times during the day?  Have you found that it makes you tired?  And just to clarify, is it the Klonopin that you are tapering? 

If you are considering Zoloft, are you planning to take that with the mirtazapine?  I'm only asking because a lot of changes at once can sometimes make it hard to figure out what is causing what.

Hang in there, I know insomnia is awful.

[ca...]

Hi, we have a lot of similarities.  I have a heart condition (triple bypass) which I didn't recover well because of my lack of quality sleep.

I have trauma from my heart condition which won't let me sleep from overthinking (my brain does not stop), waves of depression and the anxiety that the need of sleep causes.

I'm tapering 1mg of Klonopin. I take .50mg in the morning and .38mg at night. Also take 15mg of Mirtazapine at night to "help" me sleep but it hasn't help much for over two months. May 2 hours of sleep tops.

I was considering a small dose of Zoloft (25mg) to may be address the depression and help with the controlling rumination and overthinking.

Just a though. At this point I'm so desperate. My brain and body feels so tired but can't sleep. Wishing that I could nap during the day but it is impossible.  

Excuse any typo or non-sense but I can't even think straight anymore.

[Bu...]

Gosh, @[ca...], I'm sorry you've got so much going on. 

So, did you struggle with insomnia before you started taking Klonopin?  Or was it when you started tapering?   

Tapering can definitely add to insomnia.  It certainly has made mine worse.  Now, like you, it's a combo of things.  I've been an over-thinker for years, but the taper and then withdrawal have made it a lot worse.  For me, the depression is linked to intrusive thoughts and then regret that has been stirred up during withdrawal.  

Have you tried any types of talk therapy to deal with the depression and trauma?  Or perhaps a mediation or sleep anxiety app?   I have found it to be very helpful.  Some nights the depression/regret still gets the best of me, but overall I have found that talking about it helps.  I also use the Abide app.  I know others have had good results with Calm and Headspace.  Maybe something to try before adding the Zoloft, just to keep things from getting too complicated.

And as to your original question about taking the Klonopin to help with sleep, are you talking about switching the doses?  Or do you mean just adjusting the time of your last dose closer to bedtime? 

[ca...]

Thank you for the app. I like the fact that is Christian based.

I started taking Klonopin 2 1/2 years ago because I was under a lot of stress and I could not sleep but I guess it backfired me because I starting depending on it to sleep during the day and night. As a result, anxiety kicked in and also insomnia became another issue.

Besides the stress and health anxiety that I already had back then  I blame klonopin for adding more insomnia and anxiety. Really bad cycle. 

Today, I have heart issues I can't get quality rest which makes my condition worse.   I just pray to my God to do his will because every day I feel that I can't continue anymore.

In regards to my question, I was wondering if it was beneficial to take the last tapering dose at bedtime but I think it continue to make insomnia worse. 

[ca...]
6 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Carlos,

Please take the time to read this rather long post.  It could answer a lot of your questions?  Peace

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/4/#comment-3494780

Thank you for the link. How long were you on Benzos before your doctor advised to stop cold turkey?

6 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Carlos,

Please take the time to read this rather long post.  It could answer a lot of your questions?  Peace

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/4/#comment-3494780

Thank you for the app. I like the fact that is Christian based.

I started taking Klonopin 2 1/2 years ago because I was under a lot of stress and I could not sleep but I guess it backfired me because I starting depending on it to sleep during the day and night. As a result, anxiety kicked in and also insomnia became another issue.

Besides the stress and health anxiety that I already had back then  I blame klonopin for adding more insomnia and anxiety. Really bad cycle. 

Today, I have heart issues I can't get quality rest which makes my condition worse.   I just pray to my God to do his will because every day I feel that I can't continue anymore.

In regards to my question, I was wondering if it was beneficial to take the last tapering dose at bedtime but I think it continue to make insomnia worse. 

[Th...]

I was on 4 different Benzos over a 6 month period and was on 2 Benzos (Klonopin and Temazepam) at the same time before my doctor advised that I stop CT.

Edited by [Th...]

[Bu...]

You could try adjusting the timing of the dose closer to bedtime and see if it helps.  Sometimes we just don't know until we try something.  How many hours of an adjustment would that be?