Members-only Group  ·  427 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Okay guys...need some encouragement...have to take IV iron infusions soon

[Wa...]

[Wa...]

Hello kind friends.

I could use a pep talk or some well wishes please.

Two years ago I developed very bad digestive symptoms. Never had benzo belly and I know it is not that. Diarrhea, vomiting, bloating, severe stomach flu stuff that didn't get better after a month. Doc ran all the tests and they found giardia which scared me to death. Can't figure out where I got it as I don't leave the house much but do eat super healthy so thinking it might be unwashed produce. Anyway....the worst of it left after a month but then was left with lingering GI stuff like pain and nausea. I never treated the giardia because of my horrific setback to antibiotics and I know Flagyl is a terrible one. I know someone who had a parasite in benzo recovery and took the med and they are no longer here. So I treated it as naturally as I could. All tests from western med docs and my functional med docs say that I either still have a light infection because of my lingering symptoms or something else because stool tests come back negative. 

I developed severe malnourishment and anemia that I can't seem to get on top of. All tests show candida and dysbiosis but nothing I am doing  helps. Folks, I am TERRIFIED. I need to get iron infusions because my system is starting to really struggle which of course revs up benzo hell. The ingredients say iron sucrose so I am hoping it will be okay.

Docs want endoscopies and colonoscopies to see what's going on but I can't do them for obvious reasons. It's just me here with no family support and I could really use your input or support please. I need the iron and am scared but also scared about the GI stuff.

Thanks tons.

[Na...]

I’ll bet you’ll be fine. In fact, good chance you’ll feel better that you do now.  Anemia can really sap your energy.

Things like this - I look at them as something that must be done. So I try not to worry about them.

It’s the optional things that I worry whether I’m making the right decision or not. 😏

• Like 1

[Wa...]

Thank you for responding, Nathan. I have been benzo sick but then there is this other sick.  I just react to so many things that this worries me to death. They said it's 3 days in a row at 1.5 hours a day. 

[Na...]

Yeah, my wife had low iron and had to get several infusions. Having an IV in your arm is no fun but she did fine.

I had the opposite problem when I got off my last drug. My hemoglobin went very high and I had to have phlebotomies. They were taking out a pint (500ml) of blood every 3-4 weeks. That wasn't great fun either but I got through it and eventually it became unnecessary.

[Wa...]

I am okay with them taking something out (well, not surgery), it's just the putting in of stuff that has me in a panic. Thanks for the support. 

[mo...]

Give yourself a pep talk. Be patient with yourself and believe you can do even more when you already are overwhelmed with suffering. Never thought I could get through my breast cancer surgery (just last week). Amaze yourself with your hidden strength and just hold on. Not out of the woods yet with my cancer thing so I am again giving myself a pep talk as I realize I have more to deal with. Good luck to the both of us!!!!!

• Like 1

[Wa...]
On 22/04/2024 at 15:11, [[m...] said:

Give yourself a pep talk. Be patient with yourself and believe you can do even more when you already are overwhelmed with suffering. Never thought I could get through my breast cancer surgery (just last week). Amaze yourself with your hidden strength and just hold on. Not out of the woods yet with my cancer thing so I am again giving myself a pep talk as I realize I have more to deal with. Good luck to the both of us!!!!!

Thank you, mowgli. Unfortunately, I have been severely setback by medications and even just small things so I am terrified. My worst fear in this was developing some chronic condition that requires treatment/surgery, etc. Glad to hear that you didn't get a setback from your surgery. I wish you best of luck and thank you for the pep talk. I meet with hematologist tomorrow.

[mo...]

Good luck Warrior 24

Had a follow up appointment with my surgeon today and she told me I will need additional surgery in the weeks to come because she saw there was still some cancer but because of my heart issues she didn't want me needing 45 more minutes in this surgery this time. So I will dig deeper and hopefully come up with some more strength.

• Like 2