Benzo wise Dr help ?

[Pl...]

[Pl...]

Hi everyone,

I’m 21 months clean after 3 yr micro taper. I was on K about 35 yrs for seizures and before that 2-3 yrs L. I’m still very busy chasing symptoms from multiple food sensitivities, and  sinus problems, to many brain shocks, unsteady gate, dizziness and anx/dep. I’m also plagued with fibromyalgia so hurt all the time and exhausted. I follow a strict diet and exercise regimen despite it being challenging.

My question is this. I have cataracts. I’m scheduled for surgery in July. Will my brain be able to handle it? Is there a Dr  anywhere who may know? I’m in my 70’s and scared.

Any thoughts at all appreciated.

Thank you much.

Pluto

[Ca...]
6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi everyone,

I’m 21 months clean after 3 yr micro taper. I was on K about 35 yrs for seizures and before that 2-3 yrs L. I’m still very busy chasing symptoms from multiple food sensitivities, and  sinus problems, to many brain shocks, unsteady gate, dizziness and anx/dep. I’m also plagued with fibromyalgia so hurt all the time and exhausted. I follow a strict diet and exercise regimen despite it being challenging.

My question is this. I have cataracts. I’m scheduled for surgery in July. Will my brain be able to handle it? Is there a Dr  anywhere who may know? I’m in my 70’s and scared.

Any thoughts at all appreciated.

Thank you much.

Pluto

I would ask whether they are using any conscious sedation with Versed and whether it can be done without any sedation. I don't know if the Versed would cause a setback. It's a benzo.

[or...]

@[Pl...]just to let you know that I had cataract surgery a few years ago (I'm 76 now) and it was fine. I wasn't thrown back into acute w/d or anything. The procedure was just  . . . a big nothing burger. My doc used Versed and that had no effect on me. I sure wouldn't have done it without sedation. And I so appreciate being able to see better. Hope this helps. :hug:

[Pl...]

Thank you so much Oregonkatz. I need to hear this. I have so many neurological brain issues I’m concerned. Happy your surgery went so well!

pluto

[Pl...]

Carol Jean. You’re so right. Because I’ve essentially been on benzos so long I’m going to avoid the Versed. I keep forgetting it’s a benzo. Thank you much.

pluto

[Ca...]

Are you off the benzos for a while? OregonKatz said she tolerated Versed well. I'd be interested to hear what they recommend as an alternative. I'm sure I'll be facing the same dilemma at some point. Are they doing it in the office?

[Pl...]
On 19/04/2024 at 22:43, [[C...] said:

Are you off the benzos for a while? OregonKatz said she tolerated Versed well. I'd be interested to hear what they recommend as an alternative. I'm sure I'll be facing the same dilemma at some point. Are they doing it in the office?

It will be 2 yrs July 11th. Still pretty neurologically symptomatic. I like that OregonKatz did ok on Versed but I’m nervous so hope to use Profanol. I see surgeon May6th. I’ll let you know what he recommends. No surgery is at a specialized surgical center.

[Ca...]

Thats what I had for my colonoscopy when I was off from a cold turkey and very symptomatic. I will say I had the best nap afterwards but no kickback.

I am terrified of having to have surgery. I am sorry you're still having symptoms. Did you have a long taper?

[Ca...]

Sorry, Pluto. I just reread your posts on this thread and see you had a three year microtaper.

Brain fog..:oops: