Do we ever heal

[Za...]

Hi, 

Just need some support, do we ever recover or have I caused long term brain damage.

I'm tapering now but wonder if I've caused irreversible damage. The ironic thing is I started taking it for severe health anxiety, now I might have caused real damage. So annoyed and mad at myself.

Thanks 

@[Za...], yes, we do recover. However horrible and ridiculous the Withdrawal might be, there is no irreversible damage caused by benzo or its WD, at least as far as i know and i think i know)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

Yes but what about the previous  anxiety  @[...] which Benzo helped with ? 🤔

Margiflower, you know i think when we're through the torturous benzo withdrawal, we are going to react to the kind of previous anxiety differently bc what we had prior to the WD can't be compared to what we have now. That previous anxiety will seem sort of insignificant to us. Our brain will remember it's already coped with much worse things and will do it again, if need be, something about  new neural connections formed. At least i feel this way - as if i'm getting "unkillable")

• Like 3
  • Love 2

[Re...]

If people didn't heal. there would not be success stories. The timeline for healing is not predictable. Hang in there! People do get their lives back!

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 4

[Ca...]

I'm not setting the bar that high. I don't need my life back. I just need to wake up and not feel too anxious and depressed to face the day. I will say that I was on BB from 2016-18 after a rehab cold turkey and from which I finally threw the towel in and started taking the benzos again....they did work but the dose got too high so now I am microtapering. But the people I met thru BB then who were tapering and in anguish, have all recovered.

• Like 2

[Ha...]

Yes, you will. I've already started to heal and I am at the end of a 2 year taper. Barely took anything last night and have 0 withdrawals. What you will be left with for a bit might by insomnia. Other than that, things only get better. You will heal.

• Like 1