edema

[ba...]

[ba...]

I am still tapering xanx, and am on seroquel, will taper it later. I am 61 years old. 

I have never had this before.

My concern is edema, in both feet, more on the left. The left foot now feels a bit numb on the top.This started at least when I took an antibiotic last January, and it is gradually getting worse. I also have "moon face," have had it for a few years. Also benzo belly. I noticed over the winter that my shoes were tight, so I suspect  it was creeping up for a while.

I have no history of diabetes, heart condition, or other typical medical causation.

I exercise pretty much every day. Good diet.

I'm about to the point to seee my GP, but have seen other posters complain as this as an sxs.

Input appeciated.

[Ca...]

I have all of those. Do you drink a lot of water? Have you had your kidney labs checked? I started getting neuropathy in my feet in 2016 when I went to rehab and did a cold turkey. I would go to the GP and ask about having a CMP and CBC run and you can always check your sugar at home with a home testing kit. Likely it's benzo related but if it's worrying you then get your labs checked.:classic_smile:

On 15/04/2024 at 19:15, [[b...] said:

My concern is edema, in both feet, more on the left. The left foot now feels a bit numb on the top.

BD :hug:I had it exactly the same as your saying even down to the same feet, mine was that pronounced I could hear, see and feel the fluid sloshing in my feet like the sea!!! My skin looked like very inflated water filled balloons and felt like it to the touch 

I had it for a long time  really uncomfortable then I started laying with my legs up against the wall, or propping them up as high as I could to imitate propping them against the wall, and that really helped.

I also had my left hip replaced while it was happening ( the surgeon was as baffled as me as they couldn't find a reason for it now I know why ) plus I was in hell unbeknown tolerance withdrawal too but it eventually went away. After year's I had it crop up again for 48 hours last year, but then it went, I hope it don't teffing comeback🙏🏽

Nova :smitten:

Such a relief to see this! My legs and face are so swollen (kidney blood tests are fine) and this has only started since I was whipped off Clonazepam 16 months ago. I am 67 and desperately hope it will go away as I hate it.

I did get an exam, Dr could find no cause (had labs). Took 1 diuretic, and I couldnt handle the sxs of it. (Cruel leg cramps all night, sick to my stomach, other sxs) Found out the cramps were from potassium being drained by the diueretic. However, my edema went way down over the next few days,have beeen doing lrgs up the wall, and lymphatic (yoga) exercises in addition to my regular yoga. The swelling has decreased significantly. My left foot is marginally swollen, and still a bit numb. If this gets bad again, I have a different script for a diueretic I can take.

Edited by [ba...]