Important Survey - Please Participate ×

For those suffering with anxiety/panic

[Do...]

[Do...]

Hi Buddies,

You may or may not have heard of Claire Weeks and her therapy to beat anxiety/panic.

I used her method and it really works, i feel no more fear or suffer it and it have become something from the past even now that i am in full WD.

I first heard of her book in a youtube channel that have a long series of videos explaining her method.

I strongly recommend them, both the videos of this channel and her book called "Hope and help for your nerves".

Hope it helps

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi Dolvian,

Thank you for this link :thumbsup:  I have done exposure therapy for anxiety and your post is very timely.  I had a panic attack last week and needed a refresher!! 

Edited by [...]
More concise
  • Like 1

[Ba...]

My anxiety is so debilitating. I am starting a taper from Klonopin per my doctor's orders I am all alone. My fear is great concerning withdrawal symptoms. I am shaking all.the time. I need to learn coping skills. I hope this book can help me. 

• Like 2

[Bu...]

Hi @[Ba...],

Welcome to Benzobuddies.  I'm sorry that you are experiencing such difficult anxiety right now.  Please feel free to start a tread and let us know the plan for your taper and how we can support you.

We're glad you found us.

• Like 2

[An...]
On 13/04/2024 at 16:32, [[D...] said:

Hi Buddies,

You may or may not have heard of Claire Weeks and her therapy to beat anxiety/panic.

I used her method and it really works, i feel no more fear or suffer it and it have become something from the past even now that i am in full WD.

I first heard of her book in a youtube channel that have a long series of videos explaining her method.

I strongly recommend them, both the videos of this channel and her book called "Hope and help for your nerves".

Hope it helps

I am a huge Dr. Claire Weeks fan. I love her voice. I have many of her audio recordings saved on Google Drive. 

• Like 1

[An...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

My anxiety is so debilitating. I am starting a taper from Klonopin per my doctor's orders I am all alone. My fear is great concerning withdrawal symptoms. I am shaking all.the time. I need to learn coping skills. I hope this book can help me. 

Coping skills can help with some of the benzo w/d SXs  but benzo w/d is a physiological process that the brain has to go through via reverse neuroadaptation as you slowly remove the drugs and the brain adjusts. IOW, you have to taper slowly and try to endure the w/d sxs as the brain slowly adjusts. It is a very hard thing to do after you have been on these drugs for decades in some cases.

Please avoid CTs and rapid tapers using willpower. That will fail (usually) and can be very dangerous in some cases.

• Like 3