Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Zoloft 25mg

[ca...]

[ca...]

Hi, my Doctor put me in 25 mg of Zoloft to help with my anxiety, restlessness, and all symptoms of anxiety. I just started a taper of Klonopin.  Any thoughts? Been on Klonopin 2 1/2 years, between 2-3mg a day. Wonder if my anxiety is really coming from the use of Klonopin as I have been abusing it because I get very anxious. Or is it because I'm at home, not working or staying busy as this anxiety cripples me. 

[Ka...]

I believe the anxiety is possibly arising from dosage fluctuations - & per your other thread. Once you reach a point of stability you will know how you feel. Additional night dosage & recent cut of klonopin may just be driving anxiety. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Klonopin

[ca...]

Do you think zoloft may help? I'm so desperate, I cant function,  I'm not myself. Everything started with a very stressful situation 2 years ago where I started to use klonopin because all I wanted was sleep, day and night. Then depression kicked in with more anxiety. Now I'm living with someone where I have no support, in another city and I can't find myself.  I wonder if I help the depression a little I can at least go out and do Uber to stay busy. Thisis so messed up, I've lost my drive, motivation,  my charming personality.  Pretty much everything. Noone to talk to and so on. 

[Ka...]

So sorry @[ca...] it could be klonopin is no longer working as well so you’ve added extra in times of need.
Also, taken 2-3mg daily & have recently cut too & so these together sort of mess with our system. 
I’ve found from experience I’ve really worsened in certain phases due to erratic dosing. It’s all about balance. 

The doctor is looking to fix current symptoms & regrettably we cannot advise what to do. Zoloft may help or hinder.  
There are lots of us with experience of different meds. I’ve tried Zoloft but it didn’t suit me. 
My hunch is that if you can stabilise the klonopin then that will be a very good thing to aim for. 

• Like 1

[Th...]

At some point all Rx drugs stop working at their current dose--Tolerance.  The only option is to increase your dose, but that is a "dead end road" as eventually even higher doses will stop giving you the results you desire.  Once tolerance is reached, you could easily experience "inter-dose" withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety. I never had anxiety or depression until I quit Benzos Cold Turkey (not recommended).  At some point, you should consider a slow taper.  You may want to consider crossing over to Valium (Diazepam).  That is not medical advice, just something to consider.  I never tapered so I don't have any experience with a taper, but there is an entire section on this site devoted to tapering and tapering strategies.  Tapering off won't be easy, but you can do it.  Countless others have before you.  In my experience, these psycho-active drugs do more harm than good and merely "mask" symptoms.  It's sort of like putting a piece of electrical tape over the check engine light on your car and expecting it to somehow be fixed? But, you decide what is best for you.  Peace!

Edited by [Th...]

[ca...]
On 09/04/2024 at 14:35, [[K...] said:

I believe the anxiety is possibly arising from dosage fluctuations - & per your other thread. Once you reach a point of stability you will know how you feel. Additional night dosage & recent cut of klonopin may just be driving anxiety. 

So, I shouldn't take my last dose as a "sleep" dose? 

[Ka...]

Hello @[ca...] I hope you are feeling better today.

My understanding is that you’ll have a usual klonopin dose schedule & guess taken typically last thing? Is that correct? 

But (& per other thread) I think you have added an extra dose on “as needed” basis I believe overnight?

These additional “as needed” doses, as well as recent cut, may be the culprit in current anxiety. 

[ca...]

No , basically I only take the one last dose at night when is time to sleep along with 15mg of Mirtazapine,however,  I wake up every single night between 2-30 am.  It is just weird.  Then after that, it is impossible to fall as sleep again.  Is like if I hit a concrete wall and I can't brake it and get through it. I assume once the Mirtazapine effects wear off, I'm done. Napping during the day is impossible assuming the gaba receptors are all messed up. 

[Ka...]

Right. So you take:

klonopin at night but I can’t recall what your dose is 

mirtazapine 15mg at night - didn’t know you took this 

Waking in the early hours is something a lot of us experience. It is weird, annoying but quite normal. These tablets affect us in so many way & if you’ve hit intolerance, which it seems you have with klonopin, and I suspect some erratic dosing too then these 2 things seem central to the current situation. 

now your doctor adds Zoloft - did you try it?

[ca...]

I take .50mg at night.

I haven't started zoloft as I assume will make insomnia worse? Will it help with the anxiety?

Is it normal to feel short of breath almost the entire day while going through this process? Like you can't fully fill your lungs with air?

[Ka...]

Ok. I can’t personally see the logic in zoloft. This would just add more medication into the mix. It may help or hinder & is another tablet you’ll have to eventually taper. 

Shortness of breath is something I had before a benzo. Benzo initially cured it for me but long term use didn’t. Do get it checked if worried or it relates to something else - but it seems all part of the anxiety cycle. 

[ca...]

Last but not least. Were you able to nap during the day during the detox?

[ca...]
24 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Ok. I can’t personally see the logic in zoloft. This would just add more medication into the mix. It may help or hinder & is another tablet you’ll have to eventually taper. 

Shortness of breath is something I had before a benzo. Benzo initially cured it for me but long term use didn’t. Do get it checked if worried or it relates to something else - but it seems all part of the anxiety cycle. 

Were you able to nap during the day while doing the detox or was it impossible?

[Ka...]

That is a very good question. On a benzo I tried but at times would have a surge of panic/anxiety so would often give up! On tapering/detox similar. It seems to be a phenomenon from the drug itself. Others have experienced this. 

Listening to a podcast can strangely send me to sleep. It’s worth trying to find a relaxing method to help or at least encourage some relaxation & rest. 
Getting sleep at night is the focus but actually naps if you can are good I think. 
I hope what I’m sharing is of some help. We are all different & tapering & taking meds is unique stuff. Have a look at other threads - if not too overwhelming. 

[ca...]
20 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

That is a very good question. On a benzo I tried but at times would have a surge of panic/anxiety so would often give up! On tapering/detox similar. It seems to be a phenomenon from the drug itself. Others have experienced this. 

Listening to a podcast can strangely send me to sleep. It’s worth trying to find a relaxing method to help or at least encourage some relaxation & rest. 
Getting sleep at night is the focus but actually naps if you can are good I think. 
I hope what I’m sharing is of some help. We are all different & tapering & taking meds is unique stuff. Have a look at other threads - if not too overwhelming. 

It helps tremendously.  Appreciate you

• Like 1