I won a battle today!!

[or...]

[or...]

I had a note stuck through the side of my door on Thursday late afternoon telling me the apartments are going to be sprayed by Terminix on Monday.

This upset me right away, I am scared of toxic chemicals, especially with the different issues I have but I am doing so very good on my taper, feel the healing process starting, and I'm determined nothing is going to get in my way of doing all I can to continue.

So we have a walk-in Clinic on Saturday mornings, and since my MD is not available on Fridays, I decided to pop into the clinic this a.m  I explained what they were doing because of 1 single apartment having some roaches, they planned to spray the whole 3rd floor.  The PAC that was there, Lynn, was, all I can say, wonderful!!  It was like she had actually checked my records first, listened to all I told her, and I didn't hold back telling her I was afraid after reading about the toxic chemicals in pesticides.

I need to tell you all right now, if I had cockroaches, I simply would have moved out, at least for a time.  I've lived here 8 years and described as having the cleanest apartment here in the building, I'm OCD, what can I say.

I left that office with a letter that not only told the managers "my doctors were requiring that my apartment not be sprayed with pesticides"! 

I just wanted to share that in case anyone has the same issue come up.  One apartment with cockroaches is because someone brought them in with them.  So right, poison the whole bunch of us Seniors, I don't think so, not this time anyway.  My letter also lasts the whole of 2024, and I'll get another one next year!  And yes I've heard when a place is sprayed the bugs will move to another place.  My PAC said if that happens, we'll cross that bridge if we get to it, :laugh: oregonlady, Denise

[Ad...]

Good for you! I too am not in favor of pesticides. We have wasps, bees, spiders, ants, all kinds of critters mostly outside but occasionally inside. We just live with them and in return we have lots of birds and other wildlife. It's all about balance... exactly what we're trying to achieve ourselves.

• Like 1

[or...]
21 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Good for you! I too am not in favor of pesticides. We have wasps, bees, spiders, ants, all kinds of critters mostly outside but occasionally inside. We just live with them and in return we have lots of birds and other wildlife. It's all about balance... exactly what we're trying to achieve ourselves.

That is such a good point I mean being literally infested with something is one thing I have some friends back home right now that have another wasp nest I think they said it was a wasp nest no now when I think of it I think it's a bees nest because there's people that come in and get them and move them somewhere I guess maybe two like a b farm Honey farm whatever you call those but you are so very right about the balance of nature and unfortunately man/woman both mess with it to the point of destroying that balance

• 2 weeks later...
[Ch...]

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds like you handled the situation with determination and advocacy for your health. It's great to hear that Lynn at the clinic was so supportive and understanding.Keep up the good work on your tapering journey, and here's to a bug-free and healthy 2024 for you! Take care!

• Like 1

[or...]

The real surprise came I think it was Monday of this week when I got a phone-call telling me my apartment wouldn't be sprayed.  I didn't even have the CA law on my side, but they still called it off.  I was shocked really, I was all ready to just accept it.  I'm glad I stood up to the landlord now, there is some justice in the world, oregonlady~Denise PS thank you for your note this a.m. appreciate that :smitten:

[Ct...]

So glad you won the battle! I’m also cautious about all pesticides. In your case, the pests aren’t even in your apartment.

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

So glad you won the battle! I’m also cautious about all pesticides. In your case, the pests aren’t even in your apartment.

I'd be the first to holler if a roach ran across my floor.  I think they must have re-considered even though no one else spoke up, but there were a dozen of us standing in the common area.  Probably no one could have got a word in edge-wise between the landlord and I (she's actually the CEO of the company that owns the joint and a real puke) Sorry, that was rather harsh but if the shoe fits :2funny: oregonlady~Denise

[Ad...]

Congratulations Denise! So glad you won this battle. You were brave to speak up and not give up when they tried to intimidate you. Super Senior Warrior, shazam!

• Love 1