Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Feeling high anxiety

[...]

[Ka...]

Hold tight @[...] we all feel it. Some days it gets overwhelming. 
Wherever we are in the world we are connected by shared emotions with anxiety being particularly tough. Deep breathing, distraction techniques, stroking a pet may help reduce the anxiety. Thinking of you. Wish you well. 

link to weightless  

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

[Br...]

Hello @[...] - Anxiety can be brutal during withdrawal - mine was off the charts too.  Here are a few things that helped me.  It doesn't make these awful symptoms stop but it makes it easier to cope.  I found the best thing was to practice these techniques/approaches everyday - I found there was a cumulative effect over time.  And over time we heal.  Healing takes time but healing happens. 

Healthy eating, drinking plenty of water everyday to stay well hydrated and flush toxins

Moderate exercise - walking in nature 30 minutes every day can help give you a sense of wellbeing.

Distraction - Put all that anxious energy into distracting activities like, tidying, household projects, puzzles, drawing/painting, funny TV shows , etc. - anything that absorbs your attention so you stop focusing on your symptoms. This may be the most effective tool of all.

Guided meditation apps like Headspace or Calm 

Sticking to a routine each day, getting as much rest (not necessarily sleep) as possible

Keeping a gratitude journal - every night write down 3 good things that happened or that your observed that day.  It doesn't matter whether it's something very small (a bird's song, a fluffy cloud. a fleeting moment of feeling some peace, etc.) or very big or somewhere in between.

Warm bath with Epsom salts and a few drops of essential oil (lavender is calming but whatever you like) for 20 minutes

Soothing music

Funny shows/movies - laughter is good

Avoid stress as much as you can.  Stress is hard on our already overburdened CNS and can rev up symptoms

Breathing techniques:  4-7-8 breathing  Inhale 4 counts; hold 7 counts; exhale 8 counts

Box Breathing:  Inhale very slowly for count of 4; hold count of 4; exhale                                  count of 4; hold count of 4

Positive statements/Prayer - repeating I will not feel this way forever I am safe. I am healing. I am okay (it can help to do this with a hand placed on your chest.

Please be sure to read Success Stories - they can give you an infusion of hope when you feel discouraged.

• Like 4

Thanks @[Br...] for all the tips. I will try a couple. It's hard when going through it to pick up an activity