Benzo Belly pain Help

[...]

Hello all

i I am on day 18 tapering from clonazepam .5 mg a day split into 4 doses. Was .125 3x a day. Doctor knock out one dose (25%)!!

NowI know it was too much. Next one will be 10% of the current dose .375 mg per day minus 10% and into 3 doses. 

My doctor is off severe car accident. His sub just had surgery. I have no idea what the doctor on the 16 of April will say. I will stand firm at 10%. 

PROBLEM. I had no idea after 13 months this medication it would alter my digestive system and nervous system so much.  I cannot sleep more than 5 hours as I wake in in MASSIVE GUT PAIN called benzo belly. 
it hurts., hard to eat, walk do anything. I feel so desperate to get better. This is not a life for me.  What can I do? How stop the benzo belly pains?

[Bu...]

Hello @[...],

Welcome to Benzobuddies.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with such severe symptoms.  Many of us here deal with benzo belly and insomnia, so we know how miserable it is.  You have our sympathy. 

I think that you have two options:  you can either ride it out and wait for it to calm down or you can try up-dosing to see if it will alleviate your symptoms and then resume your taper at a slower rate when you are feeling more stable. 

I cut 25% of my Clonazepam at my first reduction, too, because I didn't know any better and it was rough.  The withdrawal symptoms did improve on their own at about three weeks.  I am not saying this is what you should do, I'm just giving you my experience.  If you decide to up-dose, I would suggest starting another thread asking others about their recommendations for how much to go back up.  And just a note about up-dosing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; I just want you to be prepared for the possibilities.

Whatever you decide, we'll do our best to support you and we're glad you found us.

The consensus is you can cut larger percentages at the begining but you should insist on smaller cuts going forward. You can cut more or faster if you can. It's your decision. If you have to beg a white coat, get a different one. You don't even have to tell them your tapering. You need to make up your own mind to stop ingesting poison. 

The stomach issues should get better fairly quickly based on  your dose and time. Don't expect complete healing until you have discontinued a couple of months.