Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

What on earth is happening lately??

[jo...]

[Ca...]
20 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[Ca...]. I hope the following helps to reassure you.

From earlier in this thread:

And:

And, below, something I posted a couple of months ago in another thread about negativity. As you will read there, there is no 'ban' on members reporting their difficulties and their feelings. It is just that maintaining a supportive space requires some compromises and balanced approach from us all.

Yes, it's all fear. I think if you trace any of the negative (or toxic positive), those pathways come from fear (or guilt). It's when we hide fears, the whole thing seems to transform into something personal! So, what sort of makes sense to me is when someone's getting a bit crazy with the negative stuff, I can sometimes see the fear behind the tongue lashes etc. First, I usually have the impulse to look at the face of it which can sting a bit but then they look or sound like they are in a lot of misery. I recognize something about it, like I could hardly stand on any moral high ground! And hopefully I come out of it with a bit more clarity. Seems like if we keep it real, we can really help each other, in perhaps ways we hadn't expected.

• Like 1