Backache and benzos

[Cb...]

[Cb...]

Hello, 

Again I hope I'm where I'm supposed to be.  This site has changed so much since I was last here that I am completely lost.  I'm trying to post something in the Health Matters forum.  I am beginning to think that my backache of many, many years duration is somehow connected to benzos.  I am hopefully toward the end of a very long taper from klonopin, and I have had bad backaches for so long I can't remember when they started.  I am now starting to think there is a benzo connection.  Can anyone else relate?  Has anyone else gotten relief from them at some point?  Thank you in advance for answering me.  If I'm in the wrong place could someone put me in the right place?  

@[Cb...], good day/ evening to you) 

I didn't have a backache prior to the withdrawal but i had severe headaches while on benzo. No doctor could tell their nature or cure them. When i finished my tapering the headaches subsided a bit and have gradually been decreasing ever since. I'm sure any pain can be caused by benzo or benzo tolerance and also know people who were told to come of off benzo to stop horrible painful sensations in different parts of the body.

Did you have any med tests concerning your back or what doctors say in this regard?

Hope and believe with all my heart your ache will go along with the rest of benzo out of you. Good steady healing to you!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
[Ca...]

I had terible lower back pain when I C/T valium in 2016-18. I saw five back surgeons, went for PT, osteopathic massage, accupuncture, two different chiropractors, etc. MRIs showed degenerative disc disease in L5S1 but it never bothered me until the valium was out of my system. What helped the most were lidocaine patches and resting on an infrared heating pad with with legs bent at the knees over an ottoman. The osteopath said she had another valium patient who had the same symptoms. I think it could be the  benzo because they do relax muscles but probably should see ortho. Good luck to you!!!!