Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Positive post only- improvements ?

[La...]

[Ga...]
22 hours ago, [[P...] said:

My recent victory was my very first 'normal' dental cleaning! :LOL: For years I couldn't go at all. Then when I started to go, I needed 4 appointments to get my teeth cleaned with a lot of numbing gel and a ton of bleeding, pain and inflammation afterwards. Then I got down to 2 appointments. Then last year I got it done in 1 appointment with the numbing gel. But last week I had them cleaned in 1 appointment, no numbing gel, very little pain. :clap:It was just like my old 'normal' appointments that I used to have!

It's almost ridiculous how happy I was over dental work. But you gotta celebrate every win!

[Ga...]
Just now, [[G...] said:
Just now, [[G...] said:
22 hours ago, [[P...] said:

My recent victory was my very first 'normal' dental cleaning! :LOL: For years I couldn't go at all. Then when I started to go, I needed 4 appointments to get my teeth cleaned with a lot of numbing gel and a ton of bleeding, pain and inflammation afterwards. Then I got down to 2 appointments. Then last year I got it done in 1 appointment with the numbing gel. But last week I had them cleaned in 1 appointment, no numbing gel, very little pain. :clap:It was just like my old 'normal' appointments that I used to have!

It's almost ridiculous how happy I was over dental work. But you gotta celebrate every win!

[Ga...]

Hi Pickl, a quick question for you as I have an emergency dentist appointment this afternoon after part of a crown broke off yesterday and I am in pain!  I have not been to a dentist in ages because of the benzo horror story, so am interested in what medicines you were given during your many dentist visits?  I need to start seeing a dentist on a regular schedule as I am older and good dental hygiene is very important.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

GG

[Pi...]

@[Ga...] I only had the topical numbing gel so that the pain of the cleaning process was dulled. A few years ago I had the needle (novocaine? lidocaine?) and I did feel a big increase in my symptoms, but it settled after a few minutes. After that I got a cavity filled but refused the needle. Fortunately I didn't really end up needing it so I was glad I didn't get it, but I guess it depends on where the cavity is located. If I absolutely had to get it, I would.

If you have a dentist that is willing to work with you, it makes a big difference. Mine let me go at the pace I was comfortable with and seemed to understand my concerns.

Good luck!

[st...]

When my symptoms were constantly high, I wasn’t able to feel improvements. But, after a certain time, they finally started to go away. This video describes very well how what we don’t see or feel, sometimes for a very long time, may still be happening and making progress until it’s ready to reveal itself.

• Love 1

[Be...]
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hey Becks, I have an emergency dental appointment for a broken tooth this afternoon, and I see that you have had lots of dental work done recently.  Can you share with me what meds you are given for numbing or pain, as I don’t want to fall back into a bad benzo wave!!!

Thanks, 

GG

GG, I wasn't given any meds since I wasn't in pain.  My bad crowns hurt a bit underneath since there was decay under them, but the dentist is able to save them.  Let us know how your appt. went and what the dentist did.

Edited by [Be...]

[La...]
On 06/05/2024 at 22:12, [[s...] said:

When my symptoms were constantly high, I wasn’t able to feel improvements. But, after a certain time, they finally started to go away. This video describes very well how what we don’t see or feel, sometimes for a very long time, may still be happening and making progress until it’s ready to reveal itself.

Wow I love this!!! 

• Love 1

[Gi...]
Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2024 at 04:42, [[B...] said:

PIckl,, I'm proud of myself that I've been able to drive myself to the dentist.  I've been there about about seven times in the last few months.   I went for a cleaning and X-rays first and then got a bunch of cavities filled.  I had a lot of dental problems.  I've had tons of cavities that needed to be filled and now I have none.  I got two temp. dental crowns on the back and I'll have to go back and get the permanent ones on soon.  The dentist drilled on my teeth so much last Monday that my right eye was black and blue.   I'm determined to not let my teeth rot out of my mouth.  I plan to get two implants too then. 

Hi Becksblue,

May I ask what your lingering symptoms are please?

Did your muscles seizing up improve or subside?

Thank you for any hope.

❤️

Edited by [Gi...]

[Be...]

I have bad head pressure still and internal shaking and am very sensitive to stress and I've got a lot of that for sure.  I also have OAB and urinary incontinence now.

[Gi...]
On 04/04/2024 at 19:47, [[l...] said:

I am 11 years off benzos and the start of this year has been my best so far.  It has been a long haul but nevertheless.  I am now trying to re-engage with outside life more and more and am swimming, meeting with friends for coffee, attending lunchtime concerts, have been to the theatre a few times and just trying to increase my strength and stamina which took a real hit over the past decade.  Stomach issues improved this year which has made a significant difference. .I am feeling more emotions, memory continues to improve so overall I am feeling very positive. 

That’s great Lookingforward you have made an extraordinary progress. I have been reading through some of your posts and realised what a long way you have come.

May I ask if your muscles on your back have improved and are seizing up less or have stopped seizing up?

‘My muscles on my back and torso pull and seize up particularly when I stand still or sit up on a chair still. Do you think these symptoms will improve?

Thank you ❤️

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 14:59, [[G...] said:

That’s great Lookingforward you have made an extraordinary progress. I have been reading through some of your posts and realised what a long way you have come.

May I ask if your muscles on your back have improved and are seizing up less or have stopped seizing up?

‘My muscles on my back and torso pull and seize up particularly when I stand still or sit up on a chair still. Do you think these symptoms will improve?

Thank you ❤️

My symptoms have improved immensely and I think it is because of swimming regularly.  My back isn't so much of a problem now, it can still get quite stiff, my legs continue to be more of a problem.  I hope your symptoms can improve too.  I didn't think mine would improve as much as they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[l...] said:

My symptoms have improved immensely and I think it is because of swimming regularly.  My back isn't so much of a problem now, it can still get quite stiff, my legs continue to be more of a problem.  I hope your symptoms can improve too.  I didn't think mine would improve as much as they have.

Thank you @[lo...] for replying ❤️.

May I just ask if you had the abdominal tightness/squeeziness/seizing and if yes if it went away or improved?

I seem to be stuck with these symptoms.

This is what has improved for me:

* I am no longer eating Tylenol like candy. I’m not even taking it!

* Instead of awaking every 40 minutes, it’s every 2.5 hours. For almost a year I had to get up every 40 and eat something like frozen blueberries, by the handful. I discovered IQ Protein Bars (organic, no sugar, non-GMO etc) and that seems to have worked if I eat late at night.

* Walking. Less than 2 months ago I set a goal of 10,000 steps. Initially I could walk 5 city blocks and would have to sit in the sidewalk frequently b/c I was so dizzy. I even dropped my dogs leash a couple of times. I would often hit the ‘benzo wall’, as a Mbr put it so brilliantly, and have to turn around. I started changing routes (new neural pathways) and the 1st time it was like I was on a treadmill and the houses were passing me. No more and most days I can go over 15,000 steps.

Getting long-continued…

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

…cont’d

A couple of times I’ve pushed too hard and my body & mind hated me but it didn’t deter me.

I lay down in bed, get up and just walk again throughout the day.

* Communicating. I’ve intentionally started up conversations with neighbors or others with dogs. Initially I could last 3 minutes tops, my brain would say: Failure ToConnect and IT-my body-would turn and walk ME away.

About 3 weeks ago I was talking with 3 women with dogs and, it wasn’t dp/dr, it was completely brain-based. I didn’t know who was talking (me), I was some alien; brain stopped and I scurried home terrified of severe brain damage.

Yesterday and today spoke with 3 different women at different times for 30 minutes + and each asked for my # to go on walks together with dogs. Now, the authentic me was there, inside looking out, it was weird, but I recognized her trying to come out.…..

I believe it’s all about consistency and repetition.

continued…

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

continued…

* I have been isolated so long I truly believe my brain is deconditioned. The ‘use it or lose it’ principle, so it seems each time I converse with strangers, take different, longer paths it all builds on 1 another; like a muscle getting bigger.

Consistency. Repetition.New paths, new people.

Now: next week I simply have to force myself to get my hair cut 🤞🤞🤞! (Please send strength and good vibes. I’ll catch them!)

Came back to add:

I’ve been doing ‘smile therapy’, where I just choose to smile-as often as I remember-for a number of months. I thought, if anything it not only just feels better but could send a message to my brain that it’s safe. I think it’s worked b/c I noticed a number of weeks ago I now smile without thought or effort in the evening/night. I’m now laughing easily…who knows!

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you @[lo...] for replying ❤️.

May I just ask if you had the abdominal tightness/squeeziness/seizing and if yes if it went away or improved?

I seem to be stuck with these symptoms.

I didn't have that in my abdomen.  It was my legs, back mostly affected.  Time seemed to be the solution for me, as my brain recovered so the symptoms lessened, then exercise when I was finally able to do that.  It wasn't possible for the first 5 years.  I am sorry you are suffering.  It is hard to know what will happen as we have such individual journeys.  I see you have only been drug free for a fairly short time so you should be hopeful things will improve.  

Edited by [lo...]