Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Folate

[Da...]

[Da...]

Just found out that my body doesn't absorb Folic Acid well, I did not realize how important Folate was!  For cognition, the nervous system, the heart and cancer!!  Given what benzos do to our digestive system, I thought I would share that.  In my case, because I don't absorb well I can't just take normal folic acid supplements, I have to take the L- MH Folate same with vitamin B12.  

[Li...]
On 26/03/2024 at 20:06, [[D...] said:

Just found out that my body doesn't absorb Folic Acid well, I did not realize how important Folate was!  For cognition, the nervous system, the heart and cancer!!  Given what benzos do to our digestive system, I thought I would share that.  In my case, because I don't absorb well I can't just take normal folic acid supplements, I have to take the L- MH Folate same with vitamin B12.  

Folate is important for many things.  I started taking methylated B's recently because I hear a talk on how many people's bodies cannot absorb them because of their genes unless they are methylated.  Folate(B9) is naturally found in foods and includes folic acid.  So many people take the Folic Acid supplement(synthetic B9) and it does them no good if their body cannot convert it to the usable form.  My digestive system is all our of whack.  I take a good probiotic too and that seems to help some.