Teeth pain with tapering

[...]

Hi, 

I have been tapering off of klonopin and experiencing teeth pain and sensitivity.  My teeth are in good shape, but could this be part of withdrawal?

[je...]

Hi @[...]

I’m not sure if it’s withdrawal related but I also have quite a bit of pain and sensitivity in my gums around my teeth. My teeth are also in very good condition. I have a check up every 6 months and the dentist hasn’t mentioned anything so I just assume it is. I do notice it gets worse if get stressed. 

@[...], yes, i think it can. I had an unnerving toothache and even went to a dentist just to hear that my teeth were ok... I know a few people who experienced or are experiencing exactly the same while withdrawing. My toothache was gone by itself. 

• Like 1

[de...]

I have had lots of tooth pain with my withdrawal/recovery.   It is very common.

• Like 1

[Th...]

I had horrible tooth and gum pain while on benzos and during taper. They ALL hurt and I honestly wanted them all out of my mouth! My gums were receding, some of my teeth were getting loose. I kept going to the dentist and there was no explanation. However after finishing my tapering this pain slowly went away, my gums stopped receding and they are actually healing now! So yes, I can vouch for tooth and gum pain on and tapering from benzos! 

[Sc...]
9 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I had horrible tooth and gum pain while on benzos and during taper. They ALL hurt and I honestly wanted them all out of my mouth! My gums were receding, some of my teeth were getting loose. I kept going to the dentist and there was no explanation. However after finishing my tapering this pain slowly went away, my gums stopped receding and they are actually healing now! So yes, I can vouch for tooth and gum pain on and tapering from benzos! 

Benzos caused all my teeth cavities a decade ago. I had to get them all fix or else i needed dentures.

Edited by [Sc...]
  • Like 1

[Th...]
9 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Benzos caused all my teeth cavities a decade ago. I had to get them all fix or else i needed dentures.

Yes I believe benzos rot our teeth. I've lost several during my usage. Glad to hear you got yours fixed! 

[az...]

I'm only 2 months off the benzos but I noticed my teeth are less sore/sensitive than they were.  I think I was grinding my teeth in my sleep or something (not surprising).  I'm about to see a dentist for the first time in 11 years to get any lingering issues sorted out.