The world has crashed and burned, and my mental health is burning with it

[Ju...]

[Ju...]

I'm starting to get really pissed off at this world at the moment. This goes beyond benzo withdrawal, AKA government induced neurological damage. Look at all the wars going on, corporate greed, psychiatric malpractice, Big Pharma induced suffering, half a million soldiers dead while protecting the incompetent world leaders.

And you know what happens when I go to mental counseling? I always tell them how I feel about everything, and they try to manipulate the story into something else. They always give me some BS about trying to see things from a new perspective. I'm like why would I try to see it from a new perspective? Why doesn't the government fix their reality instead? What's the purpose of mental counseling, if they're going to try to change your mind about everything? You're not going so that you can change your mind, you're going so that you can talk to people about what's going on. Not so that you can act like it's not happening.

I'm sick and tired of psychiatrist bs. They don't know what they're talking about, they're just reading out of a DSM-5 book. They got some crappy college education somewhere, got a fake degree from the government, started acting like they know it all. But they don't, they hardly know anything. They've only been alive about as long as us, they're not Einstein.

What is all this war going to solve? Did President Putin make his point, did America dominate the whole world yet, did China make enough Plastics, and has the Middle East finished making their points about keeping things how they are? I could go on and on, people's retirement age going up, all that stuff. Who's it helping? Well, from everybody I've talked to, nobody. Special interests, for the special entitlements.

But oh no, God forbid somebody talks about politics right? God forbid somebody talks about psychiatry. But it's funny though, the mainstream media can't talk about it either. And you go to mental counseling, and you're not allowed to talk about it there either, the story gets shifted to some other BS. Employers don't want employees talking about politics or out of work activities. Website moderators don't want it discussed. Why is it that everybody wants to keep everything quiet?

Funny how the same government that wants everybody to get mental counseling so they can talk about what's going on in life, the same government that preaches mental health treatment, tells everybody not to talk about things. They say we want to treat you, yet they do the opposite. They force you full of poison, tell you to have selective thinking, and to be a Slave essentially. Be a government slave, do as you're told, don't talk back, don't think for yourself, just take your poison and be happy.

Turn on the news, look at all the lies. The world is literally burning, bombs going off everywhere. Psychiatry is still prescribing in the medieval ages, they haven't had any advancements in decades. They never had very many advances in the first place, it was a bunch of synthetic lab made harmful drugs from the start. Nazi experiments essentially, welcome to the new scientific advancements supposedly.

I'm pissed off, the governments destroyed the world. Psychiatry is in the process of destroying the human race. The food is being modified and manipulated into poison as we speak, just like the pharmaceutical poisons. It's no wonder everybody is sick and getting cancer and stressed out and can't sleep, it's no wonder they need fake mental health treatment in the first place. And what does everybody get in return when they try to get help? They get sicker.

• Like 3

[Co...]

Hello @[Ju...]

I understand that you are angry. And, within reason, we try not to intervene (take moderation actions) where we judge it is better to allow the member a bit of space. However, the core of we do around here is to help members with benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. In the main, members are somewhat fragile (some, every fragile). So we do not allow content which might tend to detract from the goals of this community and its individual members.

If your post above was a one-off post, I probably would not be responding like this. But much (even most) of your content is on subjects which either tend to divide or cause many other members distress. Again, BenzoBuddies' purpose, its raison d'etre, is to help members in their personal goals in relation to benzodiazepines. Everything else takes takes a back seat.

Anyway, this is just a reminder to you and anyone who might respond to this thread. Please tread more carefully and be mindful of what BB is about and our purpose for being here.

BB Mission Statement:

BenzoBuddies is an inclusive, non-judgmental peer-support group for those wishing to withdraw from benzodiazepines or z-drugs.

Members of our community are encouraged to share experiences, information and ideas during the process of withdrawal and recovery.

Taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—is a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.

We strive to help members achieve their goals.

• Like 1

[ns...]

JustInTime, I'm afraid I know how you feel. I think many see what's happening in the world,  just go on Twitter, you'll get more news than you ever wanted. 

I have felt your anger I must admit, however I've realized it doesn't get me anywhere. The fact that you are able to see the world as it is, says alot!

You're not blind, nor stupid. You are someone I think who genuinely cares about the world we live in and have reasonable concerns. 

Here's why I responded. 

As I said, anger didn't help me, didn't change anything except to make me miserable. I'm in withdrawal and I knew I needed to focus on getting well.

I've always been one to try to help others. This is how I contribute to a world coming apart at the seams!

If we can change one person's life by giving them hope, we've accomplished much! This means that we've actually, most probably given hope to more than just that one person. They will naturally pay it forward!

The hope I try to give is by making a decision to see the beauty outside of a world in turmoil at the hands of a few tyrants. 

It is doable, but it's starts with a decision to look beyond the ugliness that's obvious to most.

I'm a Christian woman and I loved helping others long before I became a Christian. Idk how that worked out but this enables me to see that most people are inherently good and some not so much. But I think they're hearts can change, but they just need a little prospective. 

We have so much to offer, you are one who has this.

You see truth, you see reality, many cannot see this, so that's gives you an advantage. 

Why don't you try giving of yourself to those who need help, need something you can give, even if it's just compassion or even a smile. I'm not trying to patronize you, I know how you feel as I said. 

I'm still human, I can see it, I get angry sometimes, but then I hear a still small voice that's not mine, telling me, vengeance is mine, I will repay!

So, I can't argue with that,  I can't fix the mess, but I can contribute compassion even though I'm miserable right now in my suffering. It's easier than you think and best of all, it's takes my mind off of all the negative stuff that's so causes me pain.

I do hope your anger doesn't rot your heart, it could easily rot mine if I let it!

Hope to see you on the forum soon.

Take care

Ns

• Like 2
  • Love 2

[Ju...]
4 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

JustInTime, I'm afraid I know how you feel. I think many see what's happening in the world,  just go on Twitter, you'll get more news than you ever wanted. 

I have felt your anger I must admit, however I've realized it doesn't get me anywhere. The fact that you are able to see the world as it is, says alot!

You're not blind, nor stupid. You are someone I think who genuinely cares about the world we live in and have reasonable concerns. 

Here's why I responded. 

As I said, anger didn't help me, didn't change anything except to make me miserable. I'm in withdrawal and I knew I needed to focus on getting well.

I've always been one to try to help others. This is how I contribute to a world coming apart at the seams!

If we can change one person's life by giving them hope, we've accomplished much! This means that we've actually, most probably given hope to more than just that one person. They will naturally pay it forward!

The hope I try to give is by making a decision to see the beauty outside of a world in turmoil at the hands of a few tyrants. 

It is doable, but it's starts with a decision to look beyond the ugliness that's obvious to most.

I'm a Christian woman and I loved helping others long before I became a Christian. Idk how that worked out but this enables me to see that most people are inherently good and some not so much. But I think they're hearts can change, but they just need a little prospective. 

We have so much to offer, you are one who has this.

You see truth, you see reality, many cannot see this, so that's gives you an advantage. 

Why don't you try giving of yourself to those who need help, need something you can give, even if it's just compassion or even a smile. I'm not trying to patronize you, I know how you feel as I said. 

I'm still human, I can see it, I get angry sometimes, but then I hear a still small voice that's not mine, telling me, vengeance is mine, I will repay!

So, I can't argue with that,  I can't fix the mess, but I can contribute compassion even though I'm miserable right now in my suffering. It's easier than you think and best of all, it's takes my mind off of all the negative stuff that's so causes me pain.

I do hope your anger doesn't rot your heart, it could easily rot mine if I let it!

Hope to see you on the forum soon.

Take care

Ns

Thanks for the kind words. The government will never rot my heart, I will fight the tyrants before letting that happen. The hypocrites and bad people in the world will never win.

But what about the support you guys keep mentioning? Wouldn't it be better to support others enduring harm by speaking the truth and pointing out the realities? How does kicking things under the rug make any progress?

Imagine a world where everybody is suffering and everybody stays silent, imagining that that's the solution. The enemy would win, everybody would suffer at the hands of a few bad apples. That's not a future I want to see.

[Ju...]
18 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[Ju...]

I understand that you are angry. And, within reason, we try not to intervene (take moderation actions) where we judge it is better to allow the member a bit of space. However, the core of we do around here is to help members with benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. In the main, members are somewhat fragile (some, every fragile). So we do not allow content which might tend to detract from the goals of this community and its individual members.

If your post above was a one-off post, I probably would not be responding like this. But much (even most) of your content is on subjects which either tend to divide or cause many other members distress. Again, BenzoBuddies' purpose, its raison d'etre, is to help members in their personal goals in relation to benzodiazepines. Everything else takes takes a back seat.

Anyway, this is just a reminder to you and anyone who might respond to this thread. Please tread more carefully and be mindful of what BB is about and our purpose for being here.

BB Mission Statement:

BenzoBuddies is an inclusive, non-judgmental peer-support group for those wishing to withdraw from benzodiazepines or z-drugs.

Members of our community are encouraged to share experiences, information and ideas during the process of withdrawal and recovery.

Taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—is a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.

We strive to help members achieve their goals.

Colin,

So what is the ultimate goal of this website? I'm getting mixed signals at this point. I've been here for almost 5 years, I was told it was to support others. But you know what? Anytime we start supporting each other, we get moderated.

Anytime we point out the reality of the neurological harm that was done by the Psychiatry field, we get silenced and told that it's inappropriate. So what is the ultimate objective of benzo buddies?

Basically anything about reality that is spoken on this website, gets shot down and told that it's against the long-term goals of the website to support others. So what is your definition of long-term goals and supporting others?

• Love 1

[ns...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

Thanks for the kind words. The government will never rot my heart, I will fight the tyrants before letting that happen. The hypocrites and bad people in the world will never win.

But what about the support you guys keep mentioning? Wouldn't it be better to support others enduring harm by speaking the truth and pointing out the realities? How does kicking things under the rug make any progress?

Imagine a world where everybody is suffering and everybody stays silent, imagining that that's the solution. The enemy would win, everybody would suffer at the hands of a few bad apples. That's not a future I want to see.

JustInTime, the truth is, as I said, most people can see. But this forum is for healing from benzo withdrawal. Yes, it's terrible whats going on in the world but do you think that by getting anger you can change it?

Please think about that ok, think about what I said earlier. 

People are going to jail for freedom yet, they aren't free are they. Yes, they brought it the attention of more people and I guess that's good,  but truthfully, freedom loving people already know. They are the ones I spoke of. You can be a positive force with your voice, I hope you will consider how much you can contribute. Not here however, I think you know where to do that. People here are focused on healing right now, this must be their focus ok. BB is almost an escape from the outside world if you get what I mean.

So, use your gift for good, I know I'm going to.

Take care 

Ns

• Love 1

[Ju...]
1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

JustInTime, the truth is, as I said, most people can see. But this forum is for healing from benzo withdrawal. Yes, it's terrible whats going on in the world but do you think that by getting anger you can change it?

Please think about that ok, think about what I said earlier. 

People are going to jail for freedom yet, they aren't free are they.

So do you think staying silent and kicking things under the rug makes change? People talk about Christianity and good faith and supporting each other, but does smiling change Wars and change death and change neurological damage?

Does bowing down to tyrancy and authoritarianism progress society? Does backing down to tyrants and saying okay yes sir Master to everything, make the world a better place when bad people are in control?

That's my thought process. I don't think you're going to change anything in reality by sitting around hoping and smiling.

• Like 1

[Ju...]
2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

How about this mission statement? Do you think this is helping anybody? If I had never consulted with the idiot medical practitioner, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

"Suitably qualified" might be the catch, because they definitely weren't qualified to make my health any better. They ruined my life, and I'll never see another doctor for anything at this point.

My personal decision is to stay the hell away from medical professionals for life, never take any of that garbage again. Bunch of Hocus Pocus snake oil bs, that's my personal opinion on it. And as far as this mental counseling I've been engaging in, what a joke. More like mind manipulation.

[Co...]
31 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

How about this mission statement? Do you think this is helping anybody? If I had never consulted with the idiot medical practitioner, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

"Suitably qualified" might be the catch, because they definitely weren't qualified to make my health any better. They ruined my life, and I'll never see another doctor for anything at this point.

My personal decision is to stay the hell away from medical professionals for life, never take any of that garbage again. Bunch of Hocus Pocus snake oil bs, that's my personal opinion on it. And as far as this mental counseling I've been engaging in, what a joke. More like mind manipulation.

Hi @[Ju...]

The following BB Policy Document might help you better appreciate our position on these matters.

Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments - Rules & Policy Documents - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

[Ju...]
29 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[Ju...]

The following BB Policy Document might help you better appreciate our position on these matters.

Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments - Rules & Policy Documents - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

Trust me, I've read it several times over the years. Does it help me understand your mission though? No, not really. It seems to me that you are trying to cover legally, and perhaps even taking a little bit of slight bias to the medical profession due to some of the other moderators being on pills. That's what I would guess, am I wrong?

Because if your mission was to truly support members and spread awareness as you claim, that would include putting every single piece of info out there possible, whether it pisses off the medical community or not. But I don't think your intent is to piss off the medical community, otherwise you wouldn't be working in conjunction with benzo information Coalition with doctors. Not to mention, you said you took counseling classes. So there's a slight bias.

On the other hand, the purpose of my post was to vent about the realities in the world at the moment. I think you took it as anti-doctor again, when it simply wasn't. I get tired of the extreme moderation, always assuming things that weren't said.

[Co...]
11 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Trust me, I've read it several times over the years. Does it help me understand your mission though? No, not really. It seems to me that you are trying to cover legally, and perhaps even taking a little bit of slight bias to the medical profession due to some of the other moderators being on pills. That's what I would guess, am I wrong?

I am somewhat reluctant to respond - it feels a largely pointless exercise. You seem hell-bent on finding an issue where there is none.

No, the guidance is not an attempt to avoid legal liability. The law in the US (where BB is hosted) is quite clear that potential liability (in nearly all cases) is with the person posting the comments. On the contrary, our guidelines exist to keep the community running smoothly and to keep our focus on supporting members through their use and withdrawal of benzo medications. For BB to take on the role of crusader against psychiatrists and psychiatry would not be only a distraction, but also a disservice to the very many members reliant upon psychiatrists and psychiatry.

You are allowed (within reason) to relay your personal experiences, so long as you avoid the use of invective language. BB is about helping members in their personal benzo use/withdrawal goals; it is not about changing the world according to my or your narrow perspective and ideal. Your apparent agenda for being here is a distraction.

Because if your mission was to truly support members and spread awareness as you claim, that would include putting every single piece of info out there possible, whether it pisses off the medical community or not. But I don't think your intent is to piss off the medical community, otherwise you wouldn't be working in conjunction with benzo information Coalition with doctors. Not to mention, you said you took counseling classes. So there's a slight bias.

I quoted BB's Mission Statement in a previous post to this thread. Nowhere does it mention 'spread[ing] awareness'. The proposal that BB "include putting every single piece of info out there possible, whether it pisses off the medical community or not" is totally unrealistic. There is not even agreement amongst the wider benzodiazepine community about what is correct, or amongst BB members, our team, or even any two members of the community. We provide some information (and we have plans to expand upon it). But BB never will be a forum for campaigning against psychiatry - which appears to be what you desire of us. (Note: this is not the same thing as BB stating that there are no problems with psychiatry as is it presently widely practiced).

I think most of our longer-term members understand that I am not shy in tackling and criticising all manner of subjects when the need arises. But I have neither an agenda criticising members of the medical community, nor am I interested in excusing their failures (I was failed too). And, by the way, BB has no ties with BIC. Not that I am critical of any links they might form with medical professionals and the wider medical community. Engagement is generally a good thing. But for some, it would seem, being critical for its own sake and the wearing of this as a badge to virtue signal their commitment to the (their) cause is most important.

BenzoBuddies is a large community of people with different perspectives and needs. But the core need of our members is help and support with benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Everything else comes second. This requires compromise and limitations of scope - just the same as with any organisation.

On the other hand, the purpose of my post was to vent about the realities in the world at the moment. I think you took it as anti-doctor again, when it simply wasn't. I get tired of the extreme moderation, always assuming things that weren't said.

This is patently untrue. Your opening post was littered with comments which are anti-medicine, anti-doctor, and (certainly) anti-psychiatry. Below, are just the most direct references. And the whole tenor of your post is about putting off readers from medicine, doctors and psychiatry. As I stated before, you can dryly relay your personal experiences (as they relate to your withdrawal and recovery). But you have (consistently) gone way beyond this. When you joined BB, you agreed to its rules. There are rules and restrictions at every message board and social media website. There are rules about your behaviour when you enter someone's home. There are rules about how you access business services. There are rules when you walk down the street. There are rules in just about every aspect of life. You apply rules upon others too - but you (seemingly) do not understand this.

Quotes from your opening post:

16 hours ago, [[J...] said:

AKA government induced neurological damage

Big Pharma induced suffering

nd you know what happens when I go to mental counseling? I always tell them how I feel about everything, and they try to manipulate the story into something else. They always give me some BS about trying to see things from a new perspective.

What's the purpose of mental counseling, if they're going to try to change your mind about everything?

I'm sick and tired of psychiatrist bs. They don't know what they're talking about, they're just reading out of a DSM-5 book. They got some crappy college education somewhere, got a fake degree from the government, started acting like they know it all. But they don't, they hardly know anything. They've only been alive about as long as us, they're not Einstein.

And you go to mental counseling, and you're not allowed to talk about it there either, the story gets shifted to some other BS.

Funny how the same government that wants everybody to get mental counseling so they can talk about what's going on in life, the same government that preaches mental health treatment, tells everybody not to talk about things. They say we want to treat you, yet they do the opposite. They force you full of poison, tell you to have selective thinking, and to be a Slave essentially. Be a government slave, do as you're told, don't talk back, don't think for yourself, just take your poison and be happy.

Psychiatry is still prescribing in the medieval ages, they haven't had any advancements in decades. They never had very many advances in the first place, it was a bunch of synthetic lab made harmful drugs from the start. Nazi experiments essentially, welcome to the new scientific advancements supposedly.

Psychiatry is in the process of destroying the human race. The food is being modified and manipulated into poison as we speak, just like the pharmaceutical poisons. It's no wonder everybody is sick and getting cancer and stressed out and can't sleep, it's no wonder they need fake mental health treatment in the first place. And what does everybody get in return when they try to get help? They get sicker.

Again:

I think you took it as anti-doctor again

I wonder why? (Rhetorical question).

You've been asked many times to wind back this stuff. It is a reasonable request. BB is far more patient than most message boards, but our patience is not infinite. Please stop this.

• Like 1

[Ga...]

Just my two cents!  I have been on the BB forums for 48 months total, and I came here to support others and to be supported.  If I want to have political discussions I will do that in the proper place.  Instead of finding meaningful discussion as relates to all things benzos, lately it has been doctor bashing, wild theories on why some of us are protracted, and downright negativity.  I am not a Pollyanna in any sense of the word, but I find that a lot of the messaging lately on the protracted board is full of woe is me I am never going to heal, to most doctors are evil, and an overall message that those in the protracted group will never ever heal.  My doctor advised me early on to get up in the morning, take a quick peek at the news, then move on to more positive things such as meditation, walking, socializing with friends.

I will remain forever certain that I am healing and will heal when my Time has come.

GG

• Like 7

[Ga...]

One last thought…or question.  For those who are five plus years out and who are convinced they won’t heal, why are you on the benzo forums?  Is it that deep down inside you are hopeful that you will heal, and actually need the support from your fellow buddies?  I hope that is the reason, because if you are here to remind us that we won’t heal, you must realize that it is very harmful for those of who truly believe in healing!!!  
GG

• Love 2

[Co...]
19 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Just my two cents!  I have been on the BB forums for 48 months total, and I came here to support others and to be supported.  If I want to have political discussions I will do that in the proper place.  Instead of finding meaningful discussion as relates to all things benzos, lately it has been doctor bashing, wild theories on why some of us are protracted, and downright negativity.  I am not a Pollyanna in any sense of the word, but I find that a lot of the messaging lately on the protracted board is full of woe is me I am never going to heal, to most doctors are evil, and an overall message that those in the protracted group will never ever heal.  My doctor advised me early on to get up in the morning, take a quick peek at the news, then move on to more positive things such as meditation, walking, socializing with friends.

I will remain forever certain that I am healing and will heal when my Time has come.

GG

I will communicate your comments about the Long Haulers ('Protracted') group to @[Na...]. I know this is a subject which concerns him. But I will add, given the nature of the LH group, this is inevitable to some degree.

We do not allow political discussion for reasons you elude to there. And I actually posted about this only yesterday.

The Team and I are with you on the general matter negativity. Of course, we have no absolute ban of posting negatively (feeling dreadful at some point(s) is common to most members of this community), but we do not wish to see the community descend into a competition about 'who feels worst' - which we have seen elsewhere. There is a balance to be struck. @[Pa...] started a topic on this matter last summer:

I have no problem with @[Ju...] reporting that he is not feeling well, or problems in his treatment/therapy, or even dissatisfaction with aspects of how medicine is practiced. But diatribes, and especially repeated diatribes, are not useful and only serve as an unhelpful distraction.

• Like 1

[Ka...]

@[Ju...] on psychiatrists I’ve seen several & my view is that they only seem to offer medication & that is  often just based on trial & error. Diagnosis is usually subjective & can be pretty vague. I’ve met one along the way who was good.

on counselling, in UK, you get who you are given if via NHS route & waiting times vary. Of course, you can choose to pay for private therapy sessions. Anyone will take your money & you have to do the research re skillset & ensure it’s the right fit. 
There is a new approach The Power Threat Meaning Framework that interests me. 

I agree with you about a lot of things. Here on BB we are collectively bound together by our shared experience & pass on info to help one another out. We have so much in common. I personally read current affairs (the guardian) so don’t shy away from news. I’m not on FB or any other forum. The only change we can push for is that someone puts a cap on benzo usage limited strictly for short term. Until then patients will continue to be badly affected. I’m too fatigued to be angry but people need to give informed consent in their healthcare, whatever the illness is, weigh up pros & cons & take control of their own personal destiny. If I could shout this from the rooftops I would! I wish you & all here well. 

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Love 1

[Ju...]
3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

One last thought…or question.  For those who are five plus years out and who are convinced they won’t heal, why are you on the benzo forums?  Is it that deep down inside you are hopeful that you will heal, and actually need the support from your fellow buddies?  I hope that is the reason, because if you are here to remind us that we won’t heal, you must realize that it is very harmful for those of who truly believe in healing!!!  
GG

Garden Guru,

I don't know if you're asking me or somebody else. I'm almost 5 years out and almost completely healed, I've known I'm going to heal from the start. It's not like I'm deformed or permanently destroyed from it, I don't know where you got that idea. Maybe you were asking somebody else about not healing?

And @[Co...] yeah I guess you've got a couple valid points, but I like my points better. I like my two cents, I like my perspectives, I don't like other people's psychiatry perspectives. Like why would I care if somebody else is happy with their psychiatric care? I was never happy with mine, and I'm entitled to my opinion too.

It's like everybody wants to force their opinions on me. And yes I agreed to the rules, but I didn't agree to brainwashing or agree to having somebody else's perspective and opinion. I'm still myself, I still have my own thoughts, I'm still an independent person. If I feel like saying screw psychiatry, then why can't everybody else just respect my opinion?

Some other people on this website are confused as well. Lots of people came here thinking that it's a medical site, acting like they can get legitimate Medical advice. But it's not, these aren't trained doctors, these aren't trained counselors, so why is everybody assuming that you're not supposed to talk about other events and other situations going on in the world? If we were all to talk about medical care here, that would probably be a violation of US law if I had to guess since nobody's a doctor.

Here's my honest thoughts on everything on this website, medical, non-medical, Pro psychiatry, anti-psychiatry, combined all of it into one perspective. This is just a regular website, it's just a regular forum. Anybody can make a forum, it can be about computer hacking, it can be about dark web drugs, it can be about current news events, it can be about politics, it can be about anything. This one in particular just happens to be about coming off of benzodiazepines. And you know what I'm doing? I'm speaking my opinions and my own reality on it, and I know a lot of people who went through the same thing and felt the same way as me.

I have every right to say screw psychiatry, that doesn't mean I'm anti doctor. I've said many times on the site, specific doctors have good purposes. Like when I broke my ankle, like when I had my gallbladder removed, like when I had my back surgery. But what does that have to do with fake psychiatry? And how do I know they're fake? Because I went to them for several years when I was younger, and they gave me a whole arsenal full of benzos and ruined my life and made it worse. That's why I consider it fake. That doesn't mean I'm Dr bashing or anti doctor just because I hate psychiatrists. Where do people come up with this?

Colin essentially just took a bunch of random quotes when I was venting talking about stupid psychiatrists, and made it into me being anti-doctor. He couldn't be any further from the truth, he's not paying attention. If you're going to moderate, at least pay attention to what you are moderating.

Just like Garden guru, if you're going to make assumptions about me not healing, pay attention to what I was posting previously on other posts. I'm the one that's been talking about how I'm almost healed after almost 5 years. Where did you get the random idea that I'm not going to heal? What are people talking about on this thread? Pay attention.

[Ju...]
2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

@[Ju...] on psychiatrists I’ve seen several & my view is that they only seem to offer medication & that is  often just based on trial & error. Diagnosis is usually subjective & can be pretty vague. I’ve met one along the way who was good.

on counselling, in UK, you get who you are given if via NHS route & waiting times vary. Of course, you can choose to pay for private therapy sessions. Anyone will take your money & you have to do the research re skillset & ensure it’s the right fit. 
There is a new approach The Power Threat Meaning Framework that interests me. 

I agree with you about a lot of things. Here on BB we are collectively bound together by our shared experience & pass on info to help one another out. We have so much in common. I personally read current affairs (the guardian) so don’t shy away from news. I’m not on FB or any other forum. The only change we come when someone puts a cap on benzo usage limited strictly for short term then patients will continue to be badly affected. I’m too fatigued to be angry but people need to give informed consent in their healthcare, whatever the illness is, weigh up pros & cons & take control of their own personal destiny. If I could shout this from the rooftops I would! I wish you & all here well. 

Agreed Katrina,

All they do is throw out pills, I even had a conversation with a retired one not long ago. He said he never even got to meet his patients really, he just saw them for 15 minutes and prescribed as he was required to do by law. That's it, push pills, go home.

And yes, therapy is a bunch of techniques to get you to change your mindset. That's why I don't like that either, I still do it regardless because I have the need at the moment. But do I like it? No, I hate it I think he's an idiot. He's always trying to get me to believe stupid perspectives, when I'm like what is he talking about? Mother nature and the mountains and streams and organic food and having a good time with friends and family is all that matters, screw his DSM perspective.

[Ju...]
3 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

HI JIT, yes I was not referring to you….sorry for the mix-up!

GG

Oh ok, I was like who is Garden Guru talking to? It was just myself and a couple other members and the moderator and I didn't see any more comments related to 5 years. Pretty funny.

[Ga...]

I sometimes lose the thread and respond to everyone on the thread without meaning to!

GG

• Love 1

[Ju...]
1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

I sometimes lose the thread and respond to everyone on the thread without meaning to!

GG

You're not the only one, these highly complicated forums make me lose track sometimes too.

I think this is why the moderators get so upset sometimes. They're used to all the technicalities of these things, they continuously navigate the websites and edit and post all day. Meanwhile I'm like what are these people talking about? I'm doing my own thing in my own world, living life by my own rules. All I did was swing by to say what's up and throw some opinions out, and sometimes they get mad like this is God.

I understand this website is these moderators' lives and takes a huge chunk out of their time, but this is just a random site for me to swing by every now and then. I like venting and throwing out my personal opinions and seeing what other types of members are having the same issues and beliefs as me, other people have completely different views and beliefs. But I'm not here to please them, I'm only to help myself and find others that can support equally.

I believe I'm more beneficial for supporting the other members that dislike the government and Psychiatry as much as me. That doesn't mean I'm anti-doctor or anti-government, it just means I've got a biased opinion towards psychiatry, or I should say against it. Other people have biased for psychiatry, as if it's a pro. We're all entitled to our own opinions, we never agreed to forced opinions when we signed up. We aren't Lab Rats and we're not in forced therapy sessions, we're not required to like Psychiatry just because we agreed the rules.

[4e...]

Justintime,

I may not agree with everything you say but I will tell you this, I am angry too. I just cannot sit back, force a smile on my face and let it be. 

Alittle off topic but, I am watching a poor innocent woman in my state being railroaded and falsely accused of murder, not only had this made national news but world wide. I am angry after 2+ yrs the case isn't dropped....she is factually innocent. There is so much corruption in regards to this case and now other cases are being looked into more because it involves the same investigators. People are being JAILED for defending her and speaking the truth (yes just for speaking) while the real killers are walking free with literal smiles on their faces coming out of court. THIS IS THE NEW AMERICA???? NO!!  I could go on and on and tell you things about this case, a horror show and how many people from all different backgrounds are supporting her and wont back down, it's beautiful and amazing to see, but it angers me that it has dragged on for so long. This woman could be me, my best friend, my mother, ANY OF US. Also, I am watching a family member throw their life away (they aren't sick, they are lazy) and not make something of themselves and when I try to intervene I AM THE BAD ONE. I am directed to look the other way and get over it.  Sometimes I wonder if being an ugly human pays off? You do well, you play by the rules and you still get pushed the back of the line and when you speak up then your "offensive' and are the problem. I guess being a good person and speaking the truth gets you nowhere anymore. 

Time heals just wait and trust the process right? lol

The things I see daily are mindboggling. I cry so much, clearly I must be doing something wrong.

[Co...]

I want to remind everyone, again, that most of what is being discussed here is NOT beneficial to other members, nor, I suggest, to those posting the comments.

• Love 1

[Ju...]
7 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I want to remind everyone, again, that most of what is being discussed here is beneficial to other members, nor, I suggest, to those posting the comments.

I'm confused, I thought I had posted to the anxiety and depression and whatever category, and at the top it says off topic. So I'm not sure why it's in off topic.

But regardless, we're all supporting each other and having a good conversation. I'm so confused as to what we're supposed to be doing here. We're all experiencing excessive anxiety and depression and stress because of the benzo withdrawal, so we're discussing what's irritating us. Is that not support?