Important Survey - Please Participate ×

struggling with some symptoms need advice please guys

[ad...]

[ad...]

hey hope everyone is well , i’m currently struggling with some things and freaking my self out that it could be psychosis or the alike . 
here’s what’s going on , 
im 7 months post jump iv had a lot of anxiety etc like most would iv also suffered with some depression the last few months , but specifically the last month or so iv had constant racing mind , ruminating thought , intrusive thoughts . iv never suffered with symptoms like this before in my life . 
as of last night iv got some weird feeling that someone is in the room with me when there’s no one there , from my quick google search i believe this is called presence hallucinations - iv had extra high stress the last week from an bacterial illness i had to take antibiotics for along with all the over stress im wondering if this has sort of thrown my body over board ,
but we all know what google can do it’s saying main symptoms of schizophrenia etc and this is freaking me out quite abit. 
to me it feels like depersonalisation so i’m not sure if it’s a symptoms of that ? 
if never had these kind of symptoms , feeling before 
what worried me is that i’m 7 months out how are my current symptoms only just happening ? is it withdrawal or somthing else 
im 31 male . 

after stopping the valium after many years of taking it im having to deal with some physical symptoms that the benzo masked for many years so this has kind of brought back some extra stress on top of the withdrawals , has anyone else delt with these kind of symptoms ? 

any advice or kind words are appreciated 

Edited by [ad...]

[Re...]

Hello @[ad...],

I am so sorry you are having this experience, ruminating thoughts and derealization /depersonalization are indeed difficult to deal with. 

I think I have had many of the symptoms you mention, if not all of them. I had they feeling of being watched quite often, and a feeling that I am next to my own body and just like you, I did not have this symptom before benzodiazepine withdrawal. This is a common symptom as I read it here. 

Interesting thing about infections, I have the observation myself recently that this causes stress to our bodies, and both physical and mental symptoms got significantly stronger and worse. The same can be true about different medications we take. But this is okay. 

Some situations just can not be avoided in life, and it seems we have to put up with temporary flare ups. This stress belongs to our lives. As I have been experiencing these are short lived than we go back to our baseline and continue to heal. 

I hope that this gets significantly better for both of us very soon. 

Take care, RR (37, m) 

[ad...]
22 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[ad...],

I am so sorry you are having this experience, ruminating thoughts and derealization /depersonalization are indeed difficult to deal with. 

I think I have had many of the symptoms you mention, if not all of them. I had they feeling of being watched quite often, and a feeling that I am next to my own body and just like you, I did not have this symptom before benzodiazepine withdrawal. This is a common symptom as I read it here. 

Interesting thing about infections, I have the observation myself recently that this causes stress to our bodies, and both physical and mental symptoms got significantly stronger and worse. The same can be true about different medications we take. But this is okay. 

Some situations just can not be avoided in life, and it seems we have to put up with temporary flare ups. This stress belongs to our lives. As I have been experiencing these are short lived than we go back to our baseline and continue to heal. 

I hope that this gets significantly better for both of us very soon. 

Take care, RR (37, m) 

thanks for your reply i appreciate it that makes a lot of sense ! 
i think what im dealing with is the derealization /depersonalization - just very weird feeling there’s a presence but along with that i also feel spaced out , i think your fully right that the virus in top of my over stressed and even the antibiotics has caused a sudden spike in symptoms , i will just last it out and hope it returns back to my baseline withdrawal . thanks a lot for your reply hope things get better for you asap 

• Like 1