Vitamins and benzo taper

[Bl...]

[Bl...]

I had a recent vitamin panel done . I’ve got 13 years of benzo use under my belt . 
The doctors main concerns were Vitamin B12 the bottom of the range which after a year of oral supplementation it is now in the top 3rd 👍

But Vitamin D3 I’m really struggling to get it slightly above the bottom of the range … I’ve supplemented it for a year along with K2 and I walk in the sun everyday with a T-shirt and shorts and swam in the sea daily last summer.

It has only marginally risen in a year of an intensive regime , Doctors scratching their heads . 

Does anyone know what vitamins are flatlined due to benzo use ? 
And if you’ve experienced this what did you fix first the benzo taper or your poor vitamin levels ?

I seem to tolerate the supplements, but then I am just starting this journey. 

[Le...]

What type of vitamin D are you taking, d2 or d3? How much fat do you take the vitamin D with? How much do you weigh?

People with more bodyfat store more of the vitamin D in the fatcells, which might make them deficient even if they suppliment with the right amount.

I didnt have a problem with vitamin D, but i have a slightly low t3 thyroid hormone(so its not in the normal range for me) which is why i take more iodine and selenium now which the body uses to make t4 and t3. So im getting it checked in 3 months time again.

Health problems and vitamin/minerals deficiencies can be a problem during or after a taper. 

• 2 weeks later...
[Bl...]
On 15/03/2024 at 15:00, [[L...] said:

What type of vitamin D are you taking, d2 or d3? How much fat do you take the vitamin D with? How much do you weigh?

People with more bodyfat store more of the vitamin D in the fatcells, which might make them deficient even if they suppliment with the right amount.

I didnt have a problem with vitamin D, but i have a slightly low t3 thyroid hormone(so its not in the normal range for me) which is why i take more iodine and selenium now which the body uses to make t4 and t3. So im getting it checked in 3 months time again.

Health problems and vitamin/minerals deficiencies can be a problem during or after a taper. 

Sorry I missed this . 
I’m taking D3 4000iu Dr prescribed daily . 
I eat good healthy pure fats across my diet . I weight 58kg so a normal BMI for my height though I am muscular due to decades and current sport and exercise . 
I have Hashimotos so No Thyroid function at all for 15 years . I replace T4 and T3 separately, all thyroid results are good , though obviously a low TSH with straight T3 supplementation. 

I’m hoping that getting off Benzo’s will improve blood levels . I’m sure it’s a gut thing because of Benzo’s 

[Sc...]
On 14/03/2024 at 05:33, [[B...] said:

I had a recent vitamin panel done . I’ve got 13 years of benzo use under my belt . 
The doctors main concerns were Vitamin B12 the bottom of the range which after a year of oral supplementation it is now in the top 3rd 👍

But Vitamin D3 I’m really struggling to get it slightly above the bottom of the range … I’ve supplemented it for a year along with K2 and I walk in the sun everyday with a T-shirt and shorts and swam in the sea daily last summer.

It has only marginally risen in a year of an intensive regime , Doctors scratching their heads . 

Does anyone know what vitamins are flatlined due to benzo use ? 
And if you’ve experienced this what did you fix first the benzo taper or your poor vitamin levels ?

I seem to tolerate the supplements, but then I am just starting this journey. 

All of them are depleted. Most important is to replenish the B complex. I would get this from natural sources.

[Li...]

Between benzos and menopause my D has been low.  My doctor prescribed 50k units of D3.  I take it 1x a week and take K each day.  My levels are much better now.