Mold….ugh…

[Je...]

[Je...]

I am mostly bed ridden from a rapid taper off of a very high dose of k. I had to go fast because I was taking more than prescribed and there were days I just went without. I’m now at my prescribed amount but I’ve discovered mold in my apartment that’s probably been there for years. I have all the symptoms…even down to a rough scaly skin rash, dizziness, cough, allergic type nose and watery eyes. I had attributed all of this to my withdrawal. I’m so pissed off. I live in public housing and I’m going to have to threaten to call our districts supervisor and the health department for them to do ANYTHING about this. I also have a child! And I got his doctor to write a letter stating that they must remove the mold immediately or he will contact the Dept. of Health. I don’t have enough income to move out on my own. And I’m barely well enough to function. The management of this complex claims they have no money. So, my guess is that they will do absolutely nothing. I will find out tomorrow when I go to the office with the letter from the doctor and in straight bitch mode. Anyone been through this? I have absolutely no idea what to do!

[Li...]

@[Je...]  How scary!!  You definitely should call the Health Department.  They can make sure to put you in contact with the right person.  The state will force them to treat the mold.  Do they have another place that they can move you into?  old is very serious.  Take pictures if you can see it and do what you need to do for you and your child.