Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Hi i might have a solution for the withdrawal

[mu...]

[mu...]

Hi so long story short i relapsed a couple of years ago on stuff stronger than benzo's,anyway i got sober and brain just stopped braining-so i started benzo's but i was hard fried.

Fast forward a few years and my dad found a guy who sells lions mane tincture-dual extract from fruiting body AND mycellium(please dont get powders).

I have a brain thats in the process of healing now and my panic attacks and anxiety was SEVERE,so if this helps atleast one person ease the withdrawal or anxiety pls give it a shot,but pls pls get a tincture from the lions mane FRUITING body and MYCELLIUM,dont let them sell you powder in capsule form,god bless and hope u all get better.

[Th...]

Thanks for the recipe. Anything on the holistic side, I’m willing to give it a shot.

I’m only 2 months into withdrawal hell from Lorazepam, and in my crazed search for a remedy, I’ve found that a combo of B-vitamins (B1 & B6), Omega 3,6,9’s, Magnesium Bisglycinate, and Full Spectrum CBD oil, has been a total game-changer.

I’ve only been using this recipe for about 10 days now, and it’s the most “me” I’ve felt since my last visit to the ER thinking my heart was going to blast out of my chest, just two weeks ago.

Unfortunately, where I’m located, there are no readily available resources on how to overcome the withdrawal symptoms. For reasons unknown to me, the healthcare system is either unwilling, or willingly ignorant in addressing the disaster these drugs cause in trying to escape them.

It really is a process of research and self-education, and forums such as these.

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

Thanks for the recipe. Anything on the holistic side, I’m willing to give it a shot.

I’m only 2 months into withdrawal hell from Lorazepam, and in my crazed search for a remedy, I’ve found that a combo of B-vitamins (B1 & B6), Omega 3,6,9’s, Magnesium Bisglycinate, and Full Spectrum CBD oil, has been a total game-changer.

I’ve only been using this recipe for about 10 days now, and it’s the most “me” I’ve felt since my last visit to the ER thinking my heart was going to blast out of my chest, just two weeks ago.

Unfortunately, where I’m located, there are no readily available resources on how to overcome the withdrawal symptoms. For reasons unknown to me, the healthcare system is either unwilling, or willingly ignorant in addressing the disaster these drugs cause in trying to escape them.

It really is a process of research and self-education, and forums such as these.

Hello @[Th...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Thanks for sharing what is helping you, but I'm sorry to hear you haven't found help from the medical community, unfortunately, this is very common.

Let us know if we can provide any feedback on your taper.

@[Pa...]

[Th...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Th...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Thanks for sharing what is helping you, but I'm sorry to hear you haven't found help from the medical community, unfortunately, this is very common.

Let us know if we can provide any feedback on your taper.

@[Pa...]

Thank you @Pamster. I’m happy to be here, and to have found a community to share these experiences with, will no doubt be part of the healing process.

I’ll gladly share all I can in hopes that it may be helpful to others.

In terms of my taper, I unfortunately stopped cold turkey without realizing that isn’t the smartest thing to do. Again, a byproduct of lack of information where I’m located.

At this point, I don’t think I can, or will ever, put another one of those things in my body. The fear of these symptoms continuing in any way is just too great.

While that may not a be a smart way to approach it either, I’m certainly open to advice and suggestions.

[Pa...]

@[Th...], I quit cold turkey too, I didn't know they needed to be tapered but I recovered so its absolutely possible to make it through this even when we don't take the preferred route. 

Our symptoms may be a bit more harsh in the beginning but after the acute phase, I believe they settle and we take pretty much the same path as those who taper.  But the good thing is, we're off the drug so healing can start right away. 

[Th...]
39 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[Th...], I quit cold turkey too, I didn't know they needed to be tapered but I recovered so its absolutely possible to make it through this even when we don't take the preferred route. 

Our symptoms may be a bit more harsh in the beginning but after the acute phase, I believe they settle and we take pretty much the same path as those who taper.  But the good thing is, we're off the drug so healing can start right away. 

Agreed. I keep that in mind even on my worst days. Though admittedly, it can be difficult. To say the symptoms can be intolerable is an understatement.

Thankfully, with the concoction I listed above, the symptoms have decreased dramatically. Though I can still feel it “hovering,” as it were, in the background, if that makes any sense. Almost like it’s waiting to strike, but can’t. Which still leaves me kind of edgy, of course. I take two rounds of said concoction per day, minus the B-vitamins. One round of those is plenty.

All that said; the fight has begun.

• Like 1