People seem menacing

[ge...]

Does anyone else suffer from this? The best way I can describe it is that my brain is perceiving other humans as “menacing.” My dp/dr is very high, and with it come the previously described feeling. People’s laughs sound maniacal to me, even though I know they are just enjoying themselves.

Can anyone else relate?

Thank you,

Jim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Does anyone else suffer from this? The best way I can describe it is that my brain is perceiving other humans as “menacing.” My dp/dr is very high, and with it come the previously described feeling. People’s laughs sound maniacal to me, even though I know they are just enjoying themselves.

Can anyone else relate?

Thank you,

Jim

Most definitely, Jim   Dp/Dr plus chemical fear make everyone seem sinister.  This is all very weird stuff. You are not alone and you are not mentally ill, so take heart.  This WILL get better, just can't say when this particular issue will lighten or disappear,I know it has for me, but just not permanently or for very long yet.  It comes and goes.  Thanks for sharing about this. Hope you get some breaks from it sooner than later. Sending love and healing your way, buddy.

6 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

Most definitely, Jim   Dp/Dr plus chemical fear make everyone seem sinister.  This is all very weird stuff. You are not alone and you are not mentally ill, so take heart.  This WILL get better, just can't say when this particular issue will lighten or disappear,I know it has for me, but just not permanently or for very long yet.  It comes and goes.  Thanks for sharing about this. Hope you get some breaks from it sooner than later. Sending love and healing your way, buddy.

Thank you so much. It really helps knowing I’m not alone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Can anyone else relate?

Thank you,

Jim

genethoq: Without going into a lot if you've read my previous posts I went through 18 months of the same crap in my late 20's. I cold turkeyed a stomach med called Bentyl. This whole trip has been a rerun for me but Xanax withdrawal has been the worst by far. The reason I bring this up is because during my first withdrawal people literally made me crazy. I had a sales job and you talk about faking it till you make it. It was almost impossible to look people in the face. Even posters or pictures of people were almost impossible to look at. Tremendous feelings of terror.  This trip people in general were a minor annoyance which faded quickly. First trip driving was never an issue. This trip it's been a real problem. Even BP meds change your thinking but not as dramatically. I'm not dealing with this carp again once I'm clean. No more pills to fix anything. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Definitely. And I'm still there, to an extent. We become so hypersensitive to everything. The constant fear of... everything in this world.

I hope you get some relief soon, if at least a little. Keep your head up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

genethoq: Without going into a lot if you've read my previous posts I went through 18 months of the same crap in my late 20's. I cold turkeyed a stomach med called Bentyl. This whole trip has been a rerun for me but Xanax withdrawal has been the worst by far. The reason I bring this up is because during my first withdrawal people literally made me crazy. I had a sales job and you talk about faking it till you make it. It was almost impossible to look people in the face. Even posters or pictures of people were almost impossible to look at. Tremendous feelings of terror.  This trip people in general were a minor annoyance which faded quickly. First trip driving was never an issue. This trip it's been a real problem. Even BP meds change your thinking but not as dramatically. I'm not dealing with this carp again once I'm clean. No more pills to fix anything. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Jim

32 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Definitely. And I'm still there, to an extent. We become so hypersensitive to everything. The constant fear of... everything in this world.

I hope you get some relief soon, if at least a little. Keep your head up.

Thank you!

On 28/02/2024 at 05:44, [[P...] said:

It was almost impossible to look people in the face. Even posters or pictures of people were almost impossible to look at. Tremendous feelings of terror. 

@[Pi...] I have experienced this and the same @[ge...] mentions as well, looking people in the eyes was almost impossible for me, sometimes even painful. The "menacing" sensation in my case comes in some feeling of inferiority and shyness. I have been trying to work on this, but it seems like it has to run it's course.Pinster I have now idea how you faked this through, you are made of steel, man :)

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pi...] I have experienced this and the same @[ge...] mentions as well, looking people in the eyes was almost impossible for me, sometimes even painful. The "mencing" sensation in my case comes in some feeling of inferiority and shyness. I have been trying to work on this, but it seems like it has to run it!s course.Pinster I have now idea how you faked this through, you are made of steel, man :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I greatly appreciate it.

[Pi...]

Ruben Ralph: I was also in my late 20's at the time. I had two older brothers that beat me up on a regular basis when I was young which helped me I believe to increase my tolerance for pain (joking but really not). Had a major growth spurt in 11th grade and that seemed to stop any further nonsense from them. Withdrawal was really bad at the beginning but progressed much quicker. Within 8 months it had quieted down and by 18 months it as if it never happened. Test run for the Xanax. Driving to my next sales call in a 1982 Olds Delta 88 this song would play on the radio. Became my theme song. Lennon did major drugs. I do think he was writing about his own experiences.