Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

GABA and L-Theanine are safe to use after a year of withdrawal?

[bi...]

I developed agoraphobia after a year of withdrawal and got prescribed Lyrica.

Now I'm tapering the Lyrica off since it barely helped me (and I'm worried it won't allow me to heal) and planning to try supplements.

What are you experiences with GABA and/or L-Theanine? Is it safe?

Hi Bionic,

I do some supplements, and I am still in my taper, a year next month.  I try not to take anything that would get in the way of my body's natural healing.  I also just do trial and error type tests on myself to see how I tolerate a supplement.  GABA and L-theanine, I think, are  known to work on the same receptors that a benzo works on, then I would be concerned about it slowing my healing.

That's all I believe for myself.  Mostly I use nutrition and exercise to help me through this taper.  Everyone has to decide though, what they believe is right for them.  I could never tell someone any supplements are safe, in all honesty, I can't say they are bad either.  I just read things, listen to others with more experience, and decide for myself, oregonlady, sending hope and encouragement, also, welcome to BB, such a good place to find peers, people who have been there, done that :) :hug:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1