Medical complex credibility

[jo...]

I know 'doctor bashing' and 'pharma bashing' are taboo in BB, but am I the only one noticing the rapid decline in trust of our institutions and the 'professionals' supposed to be looking out for our best interests? 

Yes, pharma and docs save lives.  But these days it seems they are behaving more like sales and marketing orgs rather than health care institutions.  Profit over results seems to be the ethos. 

While this little sing-song is 'jab' related ... it seems relevant here too.   Yes c*vid was bad, yes jabs helped people, but there was definitely some suspect directions and behavior from our 'betters'.  And not all 'jabs' were created equally.  Blind trust seems to be a dangerous proposition recently.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

@[jo...] in the 5 years I’ve been very unwell, came to rely on medics & given a cocktail of medication it’s been a huge wake up call.

The turning point was coming across writer Horatio Clare who through his personal experience wrote a brilliant book Heavy Light.  It’s a journey many tread. He says in a 15 min YT video how we’ve taken a wrong turn - & so we have. Or rather the system itself particularly in terms of how we treat those with anxiety driven illness. 
It needs to change. 

• Like 1

Illnesses doesnt exist anymore, you just have anxiety, its all in your head.

Chronic infections , auto-imune deceases, mithcondrial deceases, genétic deceases, antibodies mediated deceases, they dont exist, If you had one of these and is seeking help, its Just anxiety and maybe speaking with a psychiatrist could help.

Thats the issue with the medical field, we would be much better with AI replacing doctors.

Edited by [De...]

• 3 weeks later...
[Co...]
2 hours ago, [[r...] said:

You are exactly correct they which are  most Doctors have (for awhile now) gone from healers to DEALERS!!!!!!!!

The pharma is out of control and is making people live longer but with a lower quality of life. I have had two friends in the past two years as soon as doctors got their hooks in they both died. It is an epidemic people really turn their heads to in lieu of muh Trump or muh Biden at least in America. They have us divided while they....... big pharma and multi national corporations) make out like the thieves they are. 

Come on now, @[re...]. Knock it off. You have been around here too long to not know the rules. So, the below is for the benefit of newer members.

You are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor, anti-psychiatry and/or anti-health care professional propaganda. Nor should you name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist, and Anti-medicine Content notice.

[re...]

It has gotten quite sad  around here when all I am doing is agreeing with the OP. I deleted my post. 

[re...]

Medicine and certainly emergency surgeries/ treatments can help people yes. But medicine cascades usually do more harm than good from what I have seen over and over again and most recently experienced in an emergency room situation due to neglect of a low salt condition when the blood results came back with a 121 reading and they really delayed my care. I should received sodium STAT!!! After that it almost costed me my life when I went into status epilepticus from extreme delayed care and an aloof emergency room doctors and staff.  And the cascade of medicine they gave me (11 meds total in a 24 hour period) almost put me in a coma and it is why I am here again. So please forgive of being extremely critical of the post Covid medical establishment. 

And when there IS harm it is a very protected industry for some reason. For example if a commercial airline pilot or aviation mechanic causes injury or death due to error there are consequences regardless of the kind of harm. But it is extremely hard to get compensation from the medical industry. And you have to prove gross negligence which is almost impossible. Maybe if they sew a surgical tool in you or give you another patient's medical chart and even then it may be difficult.  Why is that? I am just questioning and on everyone's side here. My passion sometimes gets the best of me. 

Your creation of this  site is nothing short of miraculous and trail blazing and I apologize for the conspiratorial nature of my initial post. 

• Like 1

[Co...]
16 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Your creation of this  site is nothing short of miraculous and trail blazing and I apologize for the conspiratorial nature of my initial post. 

Thank you for the compliment and the retraction, @[re...]. Appreciated.

[re...]

I mean it a hundred percent. This site has saved so many. I can't stress it enough. 

• Like 2

[Co...]
Just now, [[r...] said:

I mean it a hundred percent. This site has saved so many. I can't stress it enough. 

I am very pleased to learn that BB has been so helpful to you. Again, thank you for writing this.

[re...]

I think you will go down in history with this awareness/info here and forum once the world finally catches up to the dangers and overprescribing and crazy deprescribing mainstream methods that has been done to so many that led them here. 

I respect the fact that you don't want this to turn into a free for all of emotions and it needs to also be kept in line with actually helping people. That sports coach, war general energy comes out of me and I wanna rile up the troops I guess. I have always been a front man and singer in bands. So I have that "charge" mentality to get things going. Sometimes my passion gets me in trouble though. :heybabe:

Once again man thanks for the forum and your abundance of energy to keep it going. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

As the OP I'll take some accountability here.  I understand why the rules are in place as this would become a doctor shaming site with a string of court orders, subpoenas, and law suits to deal with.  Also many doctors are life savers and honorable, professional people who were doing the best they could for their patients at the time. 

On the other hand I fully understand the anger, frustration and desire to call out the system for what it has become.  I'm a year into recovery and still feel the effects while trying to pick up the pieces of my life.  We put our trust in professionals who claim to know what they are doing.  Many of them lord their status over us and label us drug seekers or say our 'mental illness' is worsening, but never would admit it may just be the drugs they pushed on us. 

I concur with @[re...] that this site is a life saver (and most likely saved mine).  I searched and searched for my symptoms online and only one site consistently had the answers, while the rest of the bought-off websites peddled nonsense such as 'withdrawal takes two weeks to a month at the maximum'.

Had I not learned the truth about benzos here I would have most definitely gone back to doctors to figure out what was happening to me and they most definitely would have thrown more drugs at me. I was deeply damaged by a small dose over a short period (a few times over 6 years but still tiny use compared to many here).

I'll refrain from controversial content going forward though I may be a smartass from time to time ;)

Thanks for all you do @[Co...] and your broader team of tireless volunteers. 

Edited by [jo...]

[Co...]
12 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I'll refrain from controversial content going forward though I may be a smartass from time to time ;)

Of that, l am in little doubt! :D

12 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Thanks for all you do @[Co...] and your broader team of tireless volunteers. 

You are most welcome, @[jo...]. Certainly, BB could not operate without the tireless efforts of the whole team.

• Like 1