Effexor xr

[Al...]

Anyone Taper Effexor xr and benzos what was worse? I got off Ativan last year and im trying to come off Effexor as it pooped out. It feels the same mentally. I took ativan daily for probably the same amount of time as effexor. But when i tapered off ativan it was somewhat obvious. I would cut then take about 14 days to be feeling the same before i cut. With effexor i made my cut and felt nothing for a week which is odd with half life of effexor. then about the second week i started being really tired, and going forwar i feel more irretable and my GAD is really high. tense muscles grit teeth ect. im just wondering if im coming off effexor will my brain make the chemicals to level off eventually. cause i would love for it to let up a bit. I attempted to cut back in july and its sent me into an episode. i tried to go back up but wasnt the same. Is there any hope that coming off effexor i could maybe feel better. as when i came off the ativan i would notice little things getting better. right now i just feel like i have no seratonin and my ocd is aweful.

Before I began my Benzo taper, my psychiatrist insisted that I lower the amount of Effexor (Venlafaxine) I was taking by 'knocking off' 75 mg off the medication.  He was quite dishonest with me in telling me that taking one less 75mg capsule would be just fine and that Venlafaxine only cane in 75 and 100mg tablets.  This was definitely not true, but unknown to me at the time.  Dropping that much was a 3-4 week nightmare that was just as bad or worse than the Benzos.  I doubt that I would have been able to survive the Effexor cut plus the Benzos.  Thankfully, I was able to do this within a month, but at our next appointment, he started dropping the Rx amounts of the Benzos.  Yikes!!!

Benzodiazepines, imo are much more of a challenge. I never had issues fast tapering off Effexor, Paxil. Benzodiazepines, are a much more challenging beast, imo. I forgot to add this important factoid. When I was tapering off those meds, I was at the same time beginning a new AD. So I’m sure that’s why I thought it was easy, sorry!

Edited by [Ri...]
Adding content