Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Weakness // lead body

[Ma...]

Someone knows people that have this for long time and healed? This was my first symptoms 27 months ago.

i don’t have any healing yet. 
I an at my wits end. 

I am almost 18 months out. One of my first symptoms I had was I felt like I was floating as I walked through the home sometimes I would actually have to look down at my feet and floor to make sure I was still touching the ground crazy. at around one year, this, suddenly switched to feeling like I could barely drag my feet, one step at a time it was almost that they were cemented to the ground… the severity of this lasted about three months. It still plagues me from time to time but it comes and goes maybe once twice a week and doesn’t seem to last the whole day. Sorry you’re going through it was hoping that I would be healed by this point, but I’m trying to stay positive as you are no doubt hope this helps…

Edited by [Gr...]
Words
  • Like 1

I felt like my body was heavy and leaden. 

The only thing that helped was moving around. Getting outside, walking. Picking up heavy objects. etc.

The secret is to start slow. Many people will try to do too much in the beginning, have a big backlash, then get frustrated and quit.

Listen to your body and do what you can do. You have to push yourself a little bit, but don't go crazy. Everything in moderation.

• Like 3

Ty both. 
i don’t know what to do I am fighting for my life .

hope to see improvements soon but this covid injury made everything so much worse 

Hi Mascha. I’m about 49 months out, give or take, depending on measuring poly drugging cessation or just benzos. I had extreme weakness and fatigue for years. The first two to three years were awful. The weakness slowly got better, at a snails pace, but at around 36 months I had severe lead legs, worse than ever, like 100 pound weights were on them. I live in a three story townhome and could barely walk the stairs. I also had just had Covid at the time. The lead feeling went away about three months later and the fatigue is also much better. And, as an added bonus the years of atrophy in my muscles has ceased, and I’m actually getting some muscle mass back in my legs. 

Don’t let my timeframe alarm you. I was on a migraine medication (CGRP inhibitor)for the first few years after my withdrawal, which I think made the fatigue worse. Once I stopped taking it completely I saw some marked improvement in my overall recovery. I bet you feel better in the next few months. They say to not push it too hard too soon after Covid. Rest and rest some more, they say. Then, like Nathan said, it’s a balancing act.

The weakness improves slowly over time too. I can lift so many things now that I wouldn’t have even attempted a year ago, definitely better than two years ago, and like a whole new person compared to three years ago. Four years ago I could hardly stand at the sink to brush my teeth and showers took too much effort. Maybe if you look back over the entire 27 months you can see some progression, even if very small, to give you some mental strength and assurance that you are indeed, healing? 

On 16/02/2024 at 16:26, [[T...] said:

Hi Mascha. I’m about 49 months out, give or take, depending on measuring poly drugging cessation or just benzos. I had extreme weakness and fatigue for years. The first two to three years were awful. The weakness slowly got better, at a snails pace, but at around 36 months I had severe lead legs, worse than ever, like 100 pound weights were on them. I live in a three story townhome and could barely walk the stairs. I also had just had Covid at the time. The lead feeling went away about three months later and the fatigue is also much better. And, as an added bonus the years of atrophy in my muscles has ceased, and I’m actually getting some muscle mass back in my legs. 

Don’t let my timeframe alarm you. I was on a migraine medication (CGRP inhibitor)for the first few years after my withdrawal, which I think made the fatigue worse. Once I stopped taking it completely I saw some marked improvement in my overall recovery. I bet you feel better in the next few months. They say to not push it too hard too soon after Covid. Rest and rest some more, they say. Then, like Nathan said, it’s a balancing act.

The weakness improves slowly over time too. I can lift so many things now that I wouldn’t have even attempted a year ago, definitely better than two years ago, and like a whole new person compared to three years ago. Four years ago I could hardly stand at the sink to brush my teeth and showers took too much effort. Maybe if you look back over the entire 27 months you can see some progression, even if very small, to give you some mental strength and assurance that you are indeed, healing? 

Hi there🙏🏻
Tysm for your message 

I am not shocked by your timeframe honestly cause I gave up on healing. 
not that I don’t have hope, just trying to make the best of it now. 
my muscles are severe I am not able to sit at the table cause all muscles are so weak that they keep on contacting . Once I start moving my whole body turns into stone. 
Even my insides. 
i hope this is going to improve, but I am very scared. 
It gives me some hope that you also had the weakness part very bad so I assume the turning into stone ( which is I think a result of weakness or the other way around) will also get less over the years. But for now I have to accept that I cannot even stand from muscles tightening up and seizing. 

i appreciate your reply a lot. 
i hope you will fully heal ❤️

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 20:02, [[N...] said:

I felt like my body was heavy and leaden. 

The only thing that helped was moving around. Getting outside, walking. Picking up heavy objects. etc.

The secret is to start slow. Many people will try to do too much in the beginning, have a big backlash, then get frustrated and quit.

Listen to your body and do what you can do. You have to push yourself a little bit, but don't go crazy. Everything in moderation.

Nathan yeah the problem is even with standing and for example get myself some tea all my muscles lock up head to knees. So any exercise makes me so much worse. I have to do some things like showering daily , empty dishwasher , try to do my laundry , but this is on most days not even possible 

I have no idea why it’s so bad . I wish I knew . Well I have the idea that I have some issues with GABA from nature as  my mom has history of seizures and my dad drank lots of alcohol. Guess it’s in the family. 
my child also had sxs that might be from low GABA in brain. Not sure. Just guessing, 

I hope this one day gets better I am literally at my wits end. 
Tysm for your reply!

On 13/02/2024 at 15:57, [[G...] said:

I am almost 18 months out. One of my first symptoms I had was I felt like I was floating as I walked through the home sometimes I would actually have to look down at my feet and floor to make sure I was still touching the ground crazy. at around one year, this, suddenly switched to feeling like I could barely drag my feet, one step at a time it was almost that they were cemented to the ground… the severity of this lasted about three months. It still plagues me from time to time but it comes and goes maybe once twice a week and doesn’t seem to last the whole day. Sorry you’re going through it was hoping that I would be healed by this point, but I’m trying to stay positive as you are no doubt hope this helps…

That nailed to the ground feeling I had earlier . It felt like I was one block of cement just frozen in time. 
i am improved on some symptoms but the stiffness weakness dystonia sxs are still not clearing up. And this covid god have mercy on my soul it brought the brain and neuro issues to a whole complete level. I can only hope, hope is all we have left 💜

• Like 1

Absolutely when I sit in a recliner with my legs elevated, they did pretty good little bit of cramping behind the kneecap, but when I lowered the recliner and put my feet on the ground and tried to take that first step again, it was like they were cemented or bolted to the floor, would last for hours

The more research I do I never realized how much benzos were used for muscle relaxers. They pump people full of it for surgeries. I’ve often wondered been on it for 10 1/2 years if that did not get stored deep inside of our muscle tissue and bone tissue, I don’t think they really know 

This auto-imune, the problem is to keep calling this slolely as "benzo withdrawal" that's an auto-imune inflammatory and demyelinating decease that attacks the body, like MS, calling It as withdrawal and to do nothing Just wait is detrimental, auto-imune mediated deceases are damaging to the body, nerves, Spinal cord and brain, If people were properly treated since the beggining much more people would recover, and much less would end up taking their lives. I ended up with permanent nerve damages, dismissed since the beggining after being tortured with psychiatric pestiscides, never properly treated for the encephalitis that such a thing cause. Ended up disabled, calling this as withdrawal is detrimental. Poeple deserve better.

At 27 months off I am having this severe tightness in my arms n legs. Now suddenly since last month I ve aggressive pulling in left side of my brain lik it's a lump inside n this pulling stretches from head to the neck arm back leg toe lik electric current n numbness happens. I feel I am getting a slow stroke.  Doctors said it's not stroke because they only can diagnose a already happened stroke. I get dejected my pain attack increases I fell hopeless.  I was bad all these months but this pulling in the left side of brain makes me worse n kind of it's damaging the brain literally. 😔 

Hello @[aa...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

To reassure you, there is no ongoing damage from your use (or withdrawal) of benzodiazepines. Unfortunately, some people take considerable time to recover. And you are doing the correct thing to not assume that it is withdrawal and talk with your doctor to rule out other possibilities.

Assuming there is nothing else causing this, you might be reassured to know that you are not the only one affected by protracted withdrawal symptoms. It took me years to recover, but recover I did.

You are in the correct place by joining our Long Haulers group.

• Like 1

[aa...]
On 19/02/2024 at 07:13, [[M...] said:

Hi there🙏🏻
Tysm for your message 

I am not shocked by your timeframe honestly cause I gave up on healing. 
not that I don’t have hope, just trying to make the best of it now. 
my muscles are severe I am not able to sit at the table cause all muscles are so weak that they keep on contacting . Once I start moving my whole body turns into stone. 
Even my insides. 
i hope this is going to improve, but I am very scared. 
It gives me some hope that you also had the weakness part very bad so I assume the turning into stone ( which is I think a result of weakness or the other way around) will also get less over the years. But for now I have to accept that I cannot even stand from muscles tightening up and seizing. 

i appreciate your reply a lot. 
i hope you will fully heal ❤️

Hey mascha,

I am sorry for being so negative. I am really sorry. I am bein very sick from 15 days.i am totally bed bound n having new issues going on. I just can't take can u plz chat with me for a min. I need to ask about my reports n my b12 and folate as no doctor is able to help me and this is killing me slowly. Plz help me masha as I see u also ve similar symptoms. 

[Ma...]
4 hours ago, [[a...] said:

Hey mascha,

I am sorry for being so negative. I am really sorry. I am bein very sick from 15 days.i am totally bed bound n having new issues going on. I just can't take can u plz chat with me for a min. I need to ask about my reports n my b12 and folate as no doctor is able to help me and this is killing me slowly. Plz help me masha as I see u also ve similar symptoms. 

I can try help you here but i am not available for chat 

[aa...]

Mascha I am takin b12 shots , do I need to take folate that is b9 ?? N how much?? I don't know the last time I took a multivitamin last time made me worse. Or can I just take b12 shots that I can tolerate?? I am having these because of b12 and b9 deficiency.  Is there any food that ll help Me with b9?? Plz let me know

[aa...]

Everyday my left side body is pulling from head to toe getting stroke lik symptoms not able to bear. Nor any dr is able to help. Did u find ant respite?? Plz reply

[Ma...]

No there is nothing we can do we can only restart a benzo which could make us worse. Those questions I cannot answer you have to base your supplementing on your lab works. 
For me any amount of b12 gives me back horrible akathasia. 
so I can’t tolerate it. 

[aa...]
On 04/03/2024 at 17:00, [[M...] said:

I can try help you here but i am not available for chat 

On 11/02/2024 at 05:57, [[M...] said:

Someone knows people that have this for long time and healed? This was my first symptoms 27 months ago.

i don’t have any healing yet. 
I an at my wits end. 

Mascha plz get in touch with regards to dystonia cure I ve some answers and something that will help us cure this condition.  Do text me nothing to loose.

[Co...]
5 hours ago, [[a...] said:

Mascha plz get in touch with regards to dystonia cure I ve some answers and something that will help us cure this condition.  Do text me nothing to loose.

Hello @[aa...]

I remind you of the following community rule:

• You may not use the PM (Personal Message) system for withdrawal or taper advice. PMs are primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction. Please post your taper plan or withdrawal questions and concerns to the Community forums for wider discussion and feedback. Please refer to Guidelines for Use of Direct Messaging System.

The full guidelines for use of the PM system can be found here:

Guidelines for Use of Direct Messaging System - Rules & Policy Documents - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

[aa...]
On 06/03/2024 at 15:47, [[M...] said:

No there is nothing we can do we can only restart a benzo which could make us worse. Those questions I cannot answer you have to base your supplementing on your lab works. 
For me any amount of b12 gives me back horrible akathasia. 
so I can’t tolerate it. 

I am the same . B12 gives me akathesia.  I ve given up on supliments.  Even though our body needs it we cannot take them. I dono I be no improvement .

[Ma...]

For me there is also no improvement at all I know I will not heal but this is my life , I am only online for the extreme days to st least search for some people who were like me , and who are getting better and improvements. But they are non existing no one with my sxs healed. No one.

i asked 7 benzo groups. Searched the whole benzobuddiws page. This is it, 

You have to live with it, I have to live with it. Those drugs are very dangerous. 
If we get better we are lucky. 
you can still drive a scooter, go out and go to a park and do stuff, I am 24/7 in my couch suffering , so I can’t support people anymore who are much better than me. It drains me I am done with it and makes me feel more alone . 

• 2 weeks later...