Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Irritability, dissatisfaction

[La...]

When my anxiety goes down Im often aware of a state of extreme dissatisfaction with life. Like Im exiled on planet Earth. And Im irritable, extremely irritable at my job and towards my family. I even have intense urges to move away and be by myself. I feel like staying up at night just becasue Im alone. 

I jumped from benzos 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately Im also dealing with other addictions in my case.

Has anyone felt like that?

Most people experience a period called "acute withdrawal" that typically lasts 30 - 90 days.  It's a period of intense symptoms and symptom activity.  You said you are only 4 weeks off so expect the unexpected.  There is no rhyme or reason to symptoms, thoughts, feelings, etc.  I'd read this post.  It should answer most of your questions?

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/3/#comment-3486428

9 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Most people experience a period called "acute withdrawal" that typically lasts 30 - 90 days.  It's a period of intense symptoms and symptom activity.  You said you are only 4 weeks off so expect the unexpected.  There is no rhyme or reason to symptoms, thoughts, feelings, etc.  I'd read this post.  It should answer most of your questions?

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/270442-2400-days-off-my-insomniabenzo-advice/page/3/#comment-3486428

thanks that's a very informative post

My withdrawal from Klonopin kicked in at  4 weeks too.

This site is good for knowledge and reducing stress.

When you have a strange symptom check here before running to the doctors. 

@[La...]yes, know what you’re feeling is beyond miserable, but it’s very common to feel intense anger and irritation/frustration around mostly EVERYTHING!  Our brains and the neuro chemicals are going a haywire. You need to just get through one day at a time. Do you have any other people who you can talk to that have helped you with other addictions? Its important to hear you are not insane or crazy, even though your thoughts are probably telling you the opposite.

i feel your pain and fear. It’s going to get better, can’t say when, but I’ve seen it happen. 

How’s your energy level?  Some get extremely fatigued and can’t exercise much and some are the opposite.

Sometimes I would have to get in my car and just scream, or hit some pillows with a stick.

anything so I don’t act out on myself or others.

The rage will likely come and go. But irritation and foul mood may stay constant for a little while.

I hope you get some peace soon. You’re not alone!

1 hour ago, [[w...] said:

@[La...]yes, know what you’re feeling is beyond miserable, but it’s very common to feel intense anger and irritation/frustration around mostly EVERYTHING!  Our brains and the neuro chemicals are going a haywire. You need to just get through one day at a time. Do you have any other people who you can talk to that have helped you with other addictions? Its important to hear you are not insane or crazy, even though your thoughts are probably telling you the opposite.

i feel your pain and fear. It’s going to get better, can’t say when, but I’ve seen it happen. 

How’s your energy level?  Some get extremely fatigued and can’t exercise much and some are the opposite.

Sometimes I would have to get in my car and just scream, or hit some pillows with a stick.

anything so I don’t act out on myself or others.

The rage will likely come and go. But irritation and foul mood may stay constant for a little while.

I hope you get some peace soon. You’re not alone!

Thanks. Im trying to live one hour at a time. Sometimes my unsactisfaction/dysphoria/anhedonia feelings get so intense that they progress into panic reactions. I do exercise but intense exercise makes symtoms worse.

I have a hard time not drinking. I dont drink much but its everyday. I iknow I probably shouldnt.

Edited by [La...]