Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone tried OLLY ‎Goodbye Stress Gummy for Anxiety with Success?

[AL...]

Has anyone tried, had success or had a reaction to ingredients?

Gummy, GABA, L-Theanine, Lemon Balm, Stress Relief Supplement, Berry  Ingredients: Glucose Syrup, Beet Sugar, Water, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Coloring (from pepper, apple, tomato, sweet potato and radish juices), Pectin, Vegetable Oil (coconut, canola), Carnauba Wax (to prevent sticking).

I appreciate the input.

Nothing worked very well or at all for me during my withdrawal.  I never had anxiety prior to coming off of Benzos.  I found that Omega 3 (Fish Oil) seemed to take the edge off until things evened out for good.  Taking GABA supplements probably won't help as GABA is most likely being prevented from crossing the blood-brain barrier?  It is possible to have a "leaky" blood-brain barrier that might let some pass through?  Some people on higher doses of GABA received some relief.  Almost all of the OTC supplements are designed for "garden variety" anxiety and not anxiety caused from Benzo withdrawal.  Peace.

There was a thread about these & consensus I think was negative. Seems to be targeted at recreational use rather than medicinal, or geared to those on meds/in WD. 

ps

the only ingredient in here that appeals to me is lemon balm. 
so a leaf or of camomile in hot water would be naturally calming & beneficial. 

Edited by [Ka...]

Sounds too good to be true!  Same as having a glass of wine or a beer, will take the edge off but won't address the source of the anxiety

• Angry 1

@[Al...] I took CBD during my taper for anxiety. About 25 mgs. It worked well enough. You can get CBD edibles at any marijuana dispensary, or buy online from reputable places like Charlotte's Web or Lazarus Naturals.  However I also began addressing the CAUSE of my lifelong anxiety with my therapist. I was anxious before benzos, anxious on benzos, and and anxious afterwards. We're still working on it. I don't take the CBD any longer. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Having a Glass of Wine or Beer is not the same thing as taking an OTC supplement or fish oil as the alcohol in the wine or beer works on GABA receptors the same way as Benzos do.  Alcohol can cause serious setbacks and reset your healing and recovery clock.  I'd avoid alcohol at all costs during healing and recovery and then maybe for some time after you are healed?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[Th...] Not in any way suggesting having alcohol, just pointing out that it is another way people self-medicate similar to taking benzos, trying to take away anxiety which is just a cover up plaster. Anxiety is a response to something and finding that something is the "cure"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Has anyone tried, had success or had a reaction to ingredients?

Gummy, GABA, L-Theanine, Lemon Balm, Stress Relief Supplement, Berry  Ingredients: Glucose Syrup, Beet Sugar, Water, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Coloring (from pepper, apple, tomato, sweet potato and radish juices), Pectin, Vegetable Oil (coconut, canola), Carnauba Wax (to prevent sticking).

I appreciate the input.

ALWAYSHOPE, Watch out for anything with sugar. At least for me, I can't gave anything that's a stimulant.  But then I can't gave anything with tomatoes or many of the other ingredients.  I have histamine intolerance to many foids now.

I hope it works for u, never heard of it.

Take care 

Ns

Yep, I thought I would check. I'm under a lot of stress besides the stress besides trying to heal from the Benzo crap. And as with most, the anxiety is relentless.

Not sure what I was thinking though. For me sugar and "stacking" supplements IS as bad for me as everyone else says.

If I bought it, I would have to put it with all the other $1,000 worth of supplements my system has rejected...

Thanks to all

• Like 1