Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Allergy meds???

[ns...]

Have a question.  Does anyone know if taking an antihistamine like allegra cause issue in withdrawal while tapering. I have histamine intolerance to many foods, if I could take an antihistamine it's supposed to help!

Anybody have an experience with this,  please leave a comment. 

Thank u :yippee:

14 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Have a question.  Does anyone know if taking an antihistamine like allegra cause issue in withdrawal while tapering. I have histamine intolerance to many foods, if I could take an antihistamine it's supposed to help!

Anybody have an experience with this,  please leave a comment. 

Thank u :yippee:

Anything can cause issues unfortunately. There's no way of knowing how anyone will react as we're all so different. What you could do is try the liquid children's form at a low dose to test the water. Just take it slow and increase it as and when you feel comfortable.

Edited by [Ha...]
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Anything unfortunately can cause issues unfortunately. There's no way of knowing how anyone will react as we're all so different. What you could do is try the liquid children's form at a low dose to test the water. Just take it slow and increase it as and when you feel comfortable.

::) thank you for your comment. Yes i actually thought of trying that but it has xylitol sigar alcohol in it so that wont work either.

Idl why i went there again, i cant take antihistamines because i have hyponatremia, an issue with low sodium and antihistamines dry u out. So I would get dehydrated really fast. 

Histamine intolerance is becoming quite a problem for me as to finding foods I can eat! 

I'll figure it out somehow 

Thanks so much 

Ns

• Like 1