Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Made all the way through!

[ns...]

Exposure time! Even during withdrawal!

I made it!  went back to sams club, stayed the whole time, had a panic attack, didn't leave! Pushed thru it and thru the checkout with hubby and out to the car! Yay! Last time I had a severe panic attack and had to go to the car, I froze up! Well, not this time baby. I congratulated myself, good job, you did it! A little encouragement goes along way! 

I have anxiety, learned today that it's because of my ears. Had radiation for an acoustic neuroma 8 yrs ago and anxiety started. I noticed that when people open the coolers and let the door slam it startles me and hurts my ears really bad, I started blinking and stinging throughout my body and hands, getting hot, water in my mouth, I can't breath! Then I realized it was the noise! I stayed there til we were done!

It's time to see an ent, maybe they can do something.

Been desensitizing at home without ear plugs when TV volume is up in lr, it's tough but getting easier! But that dog door flap! Oh geez it's driving me nuts! Lol

Anyway, still numb and all the belly stuff going on, I think it has to be withdrawal. The numbness is probably so small but because of hypersensitivity It feels like its really bad! 

If you have anxiety, try to remember, don't focus on the symptoms. I tell everyone that and I let myself go there!

Good day!

Ns

• Like 2

No going back during a panic attack is key.  My last one was during a haircut.  Some people get anxiety from going to the dentist but in my case is during a haircut.  Derealization/depersonalization is no fun when you're in front of the mirror and your image is literally changing lol.  But keeping composture and not freaking out is more important for me when I'm around people.  So eventually the whole thing subsides after like 15min and I make the barber's job easier.  I learnt some coping mechanisms like concentrating on the parts of my body that are tense and defusing it by stages, starting in my neck all the way down to my feet.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Congratulations!  This is a huge accomplishment; I'm so happy for you!

BurnTheShips, thank u! It was a good day, a hard day but a good day. Hope your doing well, how are u?

So today's a little something different. Everyday we get a surprise! Have a tummy ache today, stinging and all the goodies. Being thankful is my best medicine. Thankful I can still walk, talk, have a roof over my head, heat, food, hot water, a bed, blankets and pillows,  warm clothes and sooo much more, grateful for my sweet husband for all he does for me! 

It's a good day but a hard day. Decided it's time to do a 10% cut, need to get this done. Stayed on that 0.25 4x per day long enough,  didn't really stabilize but I guess nows a good a time as ever. Anxiety is high today, weather continues to be cold and new storm coming in today.but good news, warmer weather after that! I will be feeling better.

@[ns...],

4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Thankful I can still walk, talk, have a roof over my head, heat, food, hot water, a bed, blankets and pillows,  warm clothes and sooo much more, grateful for my sweet husband for all he does for me! 

I love this!  I try to remind myself of these things, too.  It really does help. I'm so glad your husband is a great support; mine is, too. :)  Tell yours "hi" and that I think he's awesome.  I know how hard this is on our loved ones.

And thanks for asking how I am.  Not too bad.  I had to lay down for a three hour nap this afternoon, but I did sleep!  There was a time when I would have dearly given a limb to be able to sleep like that!  Headaches, air hunger, acid reflux are all present and accounted for today, but they are manageable.  

4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Decided it's time to do a 10% cut, need to get this done. Stayed on that 0.25 4x per day long enough,  didn't really stabilize but I guess nows a good a time as ever. Anxiety is high today, weather continues to be cold and new storm coming in today.but good news, warmer weather after that! I will be feeling better.

I was in that spot a lot with my taper, trying to decide when to cut.  Sometimes I did even when I wasn't completely symptom free, but felt fairly stable.  And, oh, the weather!  I know what you mean! I didn't sleep last night because it did a rapid pressure hike during the night, but I got some sleep in the early morning and again with the nap.

I'll be hoping and praying you feel better with the warmer days!

• Like 1

Yes it is! And I will do it again and again until my brain gets a clue. It's all perceived danger, yes it's uncomfortable going thru this but it's not dangerous to have anxiety!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

I love this!  I try to remind myself of these things, too.  It really does help. I'm so glad your husband is a great support; mine is, too. :)  Tell yours "hi" and that I think he's awesome.  I know how hard this is on our loved ones.

And thanks for asking how I am.  Not too bad.  I had to lay down for a three hour nap this afternoon, but I did sleep!  There was a time when I would have dearly given a limb to be able to sleep like that!  Headaches, air hunger, acid reflux are all present and accounted for today, but they are manageable.  

I was in that spot a lot with my taper, trying to decide when to cut.  Sometimes I did even when I wasn't completely symptom free, but felt fairly stable.  And, oh, the weather!  I know what you mean! I didn't sleep last night because it did a rapid pressure hike during the night, but I got some sleep in the early morning and again with the nap.

BurnTheShips, I wish I could take a nap! I have to stay up after I eat, which I do almost all day long, so I can't lay down for 3 hours. On to the next little meal right. Yes, I get panic attacks when I lay down during the day, idk why but it is what is.

Grateful you could take a nap, one day I'll get mine too.

Thank u for your comments about my sweet husband. 51 yrs next month, i married at 15!!! He's such a great guy. So supportive, he's cooking dinner right now! He's getting tired of eating like me but he's ok. He eats a few different goodies here and there.

Gosh thank u for such an uplifting message. So nice to hear 

Bless yas

51 years is a beautiful thing!  Congrats!  And what a trooper!  Not just doing the cooking, but eating like us is hard! 😉

Sorry about the naps, it took me a while to get those back, but I did and you will, too.  Is it only the anxiety or does the acid reflux play a part? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

51 years is a beautiful thing!  Congrats!  And what a trooper!  Not just doing the cooking, but eating like us is hard! 😉

Sorry about the naps, it took me a while to get those back, but I did and you will, too.  Is it only the anxiety or does the acid reflux play a part? 

Oh it's both! I was burping last night dinner this morning from last night. I stayed up 4 hours after dinner,  don't know,  probably from not moving around enough I guess. Had to take pepto today,  Oh that's stinks, makes me sting all over! I'm so hypersensitive that I literally feel everything!

But being sensitive is a beautiful thing I've heard, lol once you know how to place it in its place and time right. 

So glad your able to sleep, I'll get there 

Got about 3 to 4 hrs a couple nights last week so I'm sure it'll straighten out.

Take care

Talk soon k

Ns

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Glad to hear u have support also, tell your husband hi for me too.

I didn't see there that you were having symptoms today, I'm so sorry and grateful you were able to nap.

Yrs the weather is changing again, hopefully we get warmer days this week. Says we will but one never knows.

So your finished with your taper? How are your symptoms now, is that what I'm understanding that you are having those symptoms after your taper, how long ago did u finish?

Let me know ok

Feel better soon, be praying for you too! 

By now

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

Hey @[ns...],

I hope you're having a better day today.  I got 7 hours of sleep last night (well, from 4 am to 11 am -ish this morning).  But still, Yay!  

I am finished with my taper; I have been off for almost 5 months.  Lots of symptoms, still, but some have gone.  Others have returned, but are much less intense than the first time around.  What a weird process, though.  

How are you doing today?

40 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[ns...],

I hope you're having a better day today.  I got 7 hours of sleep last night (well, from 4 am to 11 am -ish this morning).  But still, Yay!  

I am finished with my taper; I have been off for almost 5 months.  Lots of symptoms, still, but some have gone.  Others have returned, but are much less intense than the first time around.  What a weird process, though.  

How are you doing today?

That's great news BurnTheShips, yes your symptoms will lesson, might take a little time but youll get there. I'm happy for u to be finished tapering, I can't wait but I know it's going to be tougher when that's over. I try not to remember when this happened 3 yrs ago, the symptoms just started getting a little easier when I went back on them. I was just to sensitive. I shouldn't have gone back, the er gave me 1mg every 4 hours for 3 days and sooo, it all started over. New doc put me back on, the you.know the rest I think.

We only about an hour I think. Had real bad wind last night,  kept blowing the dog door wide open and slamming it. So we were up and down most of the night. My symptoms are still the same, it helps to keep my mind and hands busy.  It's beautiful outside, the lord blessed us with a beautiful day. I'd live to go for a ride. It's difficult to go but it keeps my.mond busy and positive. The snow is melting thank God! 

If my nerves in my belly would calm down I think It would be easier. My.leg is so numb so its hard to walk, but I still get around.

It's so strange, I take the 11am dose and get panic attacks and anxiety, more symptoms,  really odd, like bees stinging Me. I guess the cns is on hyper awareness.

Bla bla bla, sorry, didn't mean to complain, I just finished taking to someone who's really having a bad time. It kind of makes you think of your own symptoms but it's ok, they needed someone to talk to and encourage them, that gives me a job to do I guess.

I'm so tired, but can't lay down, on panic attack mode and its hard to breath if i lay doen. Lasts til about 5, it's so weird! 

It'll pass, I'll be ok.

What country are u in?

I'm in the USA

Just curious 

Anyway, I hope u and your family have a blessed day, get more rest and your symptoms lesson day by day 

Bless yas

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2024 at 05:21, [[v...] said:

My last one was during a haircut.  Some people get anxiety from going to the dentist but in my case is during a haircut.  Derealization/depersonalization is no fun when you're in front of the mirror and your image is literally changing lol.  But keeping composture and not freaking out is more important for me when I'm around people.  So eventually the whole thing subsides after like 15min and I make the barber's job easier.  

I thought I was the only one that feared the barber shop!  

• Like 1

I went yesterday. I hate looking at myself in that mirror and feeling pressure to respond to the stylists small talk that this chain makes them do. 
Corporate nonsense. It wouldn’t be so bad if the stylist actually faked she wanted to engage with me. Great Clips, Inc.