Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

A YouTube video of a discussion between Nicole Lamberson and Dr. Josef

[Ga...]

This morning I watched a one hour plus twenty or so minutes of a YouTube video which was an excellent one on one discussion between Nicole Lamberson (a long time protracted benzo buddy) and Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring, a board certified psychiatrist.  I learned more from this one video than many others I have watched on protracted withdrawal.  Nicole’s recovery has been a long one, but she has now turned her experience and energies into a proactive one of helping others recover.  I strongly related to the discussion of setting boundaries in needing and wanting support from family, friends and even fellow suffering buddies.  I took this to heart as I acknowledge that I have been guilty of  putting too much pressure on my benzo buddies at times, causing them to suffer more in their own withdrawal!   The video did not trigger me, but, instead, brought me much comfort and I will reference it as I go forward into my final recovery.

GG

• Like 5

On 11/01/2024 at 16:58, [[G...] said:

This morning I watched a one hour plus twenty or so minutes of a YouTube video which was an excellent one on one discussion between Nicole Lamberson (a long time protracted benzo buddy) and Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring, a board certified psychiatrist.  I learned more from this one video than many others I have watched on protracted withdrawal.  Nicole’s recovery has been a long one, but she has now turned her experience and energies into a proactive one of helping others recover.  I strongly related to the discussion of setting boundaries in needing and wanting support from family, friends and even fellow suffering buddies.  I took this to heart as I acknowledge that I have been guilty of  putting too much pressure on my benzo buddies at times, causing them to suffer more in their own withdrawal!   The video did not trigger me, but, instead, brought me much comfort and I will reference it as I go forward into my final recovery.

GG

It helped me and resonated with me immensely. 

It could be scary for those earlier on or just starting their journeys but for those of us who have been enduring this for years, it brought comfort, normality, hope and acceptance. 

Edited by [Em...]
  • Love 1