Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sorry. But I have been stuck in hell.

[Ol...]

Things have gone south for me with only a couple three good days and a couple nights with sleep, I am on 50mg Zoloft for the last 18 days. Six, .1 Clonidine and buffered with Klonopin. (Yep, the stuff I swore I would never touch again,) The Seroquel for sleep didn’t work. The Remeron  he tried for sleep didn’t work. Even the old friend Klonopin does not do the job of giving me sleep. I take the Klonopin and I sweat like crazy and wake in a startle. Same with Seroquel and Remeron. 10+ years ago the Remeron at 15mg put me out all night. No more. What have I done to myself?  It seems NOTHING can put me to sleep. 

I have become afraid of the medications. They seem to fight doing what they are supposed to do. Or, my system is fighting them. I did 7.5mg Remeron, then another 3.75mg. Nothing, no sleep. Not even the usual drowsy, knocked out feeling. Whats going on with these meds? Was it all the years I was on them? What will work to give me sleep?

3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Hello, @[Ol...]

I’m sorry things have gone south for you sleep-wise.  Given that the drugs you’ve tried do not appear to be helping and also convey risk, have you tried any non-drug techniques?  Here’s a comprehensive overview of tips and resources from The Withdrawal Project to get you started:

Withdrawal-induced insomnia: an A to Z list of tips

Thank you for sharing this info,

• Like 1

You’re most welcome, @[Ol...].  I hope you’ll be able to find a technique or techniques that will help you.  I personally have found sleep hygiene, diaphragmatic breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and yoga nidra to be quite helpful.  

• Like 2

@[Ol...] on my taper when I had bad insomnia, I used Unisom Sleep Tabs. I took half a tab -- 25 mgs. I worked very well. You do develop a tolerance, but in an emergency like yours, if it were me, I'd definitely consider it short-term. It sure helped me. (It's just a sedating antihistamine available OTC). Best wishes.

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[Ol...] on my taper when I had bad insomnia, I used Unisom Sleep Tabs. I took half a tab -- 25 mgs. I worked very well. You do develop a tolerance, but in an emergency like yours, if it were me, I'd definitely consider it short-term. It sure helped me. (It's just a sedating antihistamine available OTC). Best wishes.

@[or...] Thank you for that info. I finally got some real sleep last night.

And now another turn around for the better. Day 19 of the Zoloft was a real bang. Anxiety way down and slept yesterday, on the couch, in the storm, from 10am till 5pm. And then slept last night again. Used .5mg Klonopin the whole day. I am a happy camper this morning. Thank you all again.