Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Smoking cigarettes now a stimulant!

[ns...]

Does anyone smoke cigarettes, I used to smoke like 2 cigarettes a day, 2 puffs out in the garage a few times a day. Then they started to feel like a stimulant! It's a good thing but I find it odd that they do that to me. I get really stimulated, tension, stinging, tingling and worsens my numbness. Kind of reminds me of eating sugar, ice cream,or something. I always thought cigarettes relaxed people.  The timing isn't so great during withdrawal so 2 withdrawals at one time, oh boy, lol, ouch.

Anyone else have to quit because of this, it's a good thing but odd! 

Edited by [ns...]
Corrected error

Nicotine is a potent stimulant to the nervous system. 

Plus the additives they add to the tobacco are highly toxic.

Even if you smoke tobacco without the additives large companies add, it is still a potent drug/substance.

• Like 1

Thank you, yes they are no good, it's a good thing, now I've quit! 

Thank goodness

Nicotine is doubly addictive.  First because of the nicotine and then, when you become addicted, because of the dopamine hit. 

It's the most absurd drug if we compare the pros and cons.  I prefer my coffee.

• Like 1

I was a manic smoker while in acute wd. A cigarette every 15 minute!

Now down to like 7 cigarette a day.

I will quit before the summer.

13 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Does anyone smoke cigarettes, I used to smoke like 2 cigarettes a day, 2 puffs out in the garage a few times a day. Then they started to feel like a stimulant! It's a good thing but I find it odd that they do that to me. I get really stimulated, tension, stinging, tingling and worsens my numbness. Kind of reminds me of eating sugar, ice cream,or something. I always thought cigarettes relaxed people.  The timing isn't so great during withdrawal so 2 withdrawals at one time, oh boy, lol, ouch.

Anyone else have to quit because of this, it's a good thing but odd! 

I love the kick it gives when not been smoking for a few days 

I vape. Not a smoker, but discovered vapes really helped me feel better at the start of the benzo (10 years) Now, they are amping me. Very hard to quit, so cutting back, making myself wait an hour between suckingon my pacifier.

• Like 2

Vape juice contains no cancer developing chemicals like tar etc. Only flavours and nicotine 

2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

It is, gooogle it.

No I don't think vaping is better, come on now, lol, it's all nicotine right. I guess if it doesn't stimulate you like it does others then whatever works for u.