Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I will sleep again

[Ma...]

I’ve done some posts on insomnia which has been by far my biggest issue tapering (it’s why I was prescribed this awful med to begin with). Ive been holding at 0.5mg Clonazepam (my original dose was 1 mg) and sleeping better these last 2 weeks than I was before I started tapering.  This tells me a couple things:

1.  It is possible to have a withdrawal in a way that your sleep patterns are not catastrophically altered.  Not saying there won’t be sleepless nights, but your brain figures it out as you go.  This idea that you need to be 100% off the drug to begin healing is not true.  My sleep, by definition, would be worse than it was when I was on 1mg if that were the case.  

I know me, and I know what good sleep is for me and I know that wasnt happening when I started this process on my full dose.  I’m not talking about 3-4 hours of shit sleep.  I’m talking about 7 hours of uninterrupted Z’s and waking up with energy.  

2. Holding does help, at least in my case.  I went way too fast and the cuts caught up with me.  I know I still have a ways to go and the lower numbers are tougher, but I have learned a lot from this process which will help me moving forward.  

I'm sure many will disagree with some/all of this, but trying to give some hope to those suffering.  It’s going to get better at some point for you.  You will sleep again, maybe sooner than you think.  Just listen to your body. 

Wonderful news @[Ma...], I celebrate every success!  Thank you for documenting your progress, I hope it continues.  :classic_biggrin:

Good luck @[Ma...]. I am glad you are getting some good quality💤💤💤💤💤 's  in😴. Yes, listen to your body and go as slow as you need to remain functional. 

I recall when I was on Klonopin. Things would never get really bad until I dropped below 1/4 mgs.