Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Antibiotics?

[Sh...]

Hey team need some help x 

I’m on day 12 after contacting a wierd virus. Felt like Covid but tests were negative. I have nerve pain high temps ect. Cold symptoms body aches. But I’m still not well after 12 days really foggy in the head trouble breathing just really off. No energy huge fatigue. 
im starting to think I might need antibiotics but I’m wondering if that’s safe. I’m 2.5 years out but still really hesitant to take anything. 
thanks team appreciate ur advice❤️

Hey team. I decided not to get ABs but I went to dr and he thinks I have influenza A or B but didn’t suggest ABs anyway so just have to sit it out xx

Please return to good health sooner than later, Shayna, as no one wants to hear of our resident humorist being gripped by the awful flu bug!!!!

How about some more of your lovely beach photos as we here on the east coast of the US could use a ray of sunshine as we are in the winter doldrums with lots of rain lately.

Hugs,

GG

Edited by [Ga...]
Wrong word!
  • Love 1

Thanku buddies xx it’s been rough this is like no flu I’ve experienced before. But I feel a little better since I’ve been doing sinus rinses with salt water x 

here u go GG x heat wave here atm but we just had a tornado on xmas night if u can believe that! Very rare here but thousands of home without power and 11 people died. My parents yard has trees down everywhere. Big clean up ahead where I live x

hope everyone had a lovely Xmas x

• Love 1

On 27/12/2023 at 19:18, [[S...] said:

Hey team need some help x 

I’m on day 12 after contacting a wierd virus. Felt like Covid but tests were negative. I have nerve pain high temps ect. Cold symptoms body aches. But I’m still not well after 12 days really foggy in the head trouble breathing just really off. No energy huge fatigue. 
im starting to think I might need antibiotics but I’m wondering if that’s safe. I’m 2.5 years out but still really hesitant to take anything. 
thanks team appreciate ur advice❤️

Rooting for you. 12 days is no joke.  But hell you have been thru worse. 

💕💕🙏shayna 

kanoba

• Love 1

Awwww my peeps x my Oregon girls kabobs and Dec ❤️
so nice to see u all x I hope u had a lovely Xmas. 
xmas here has been crazy! It was 36 degrees here 2 days ago! Awful. Now we’re going into 10 full days of storms. My tan! Argh I’m going to loose my tan (jk trust me I am a brown berry but when I can’t lay on the beach I get a bit nuts) 

I am feeling better today. Still a bit snotty but the awful head stuff has gone I am so greatful. 
how are all of u? What are u up to for New Years? 

So glad you didn't do any antibiotics - you don't need them for a virus!  I'm glad you're seeing some improvement.  

Continue to take it easy and hydrate.  Get that good vitamin d from the sun if you get sunny breaks between storms!  I'm in Illinois, USA and haven't seen the sun for a whole week!  

Edited by [Ac...]
  • Love 1

I was healed of a sinus infection that lasted months with 3 rounds of anitbiotics, I was so sick, equilibrium was off and my head felt like it was full of cement.  I told this story somewhere else but I've never taken another antibiotic, and zero sinus infections ever again.  They would start every Winter but that last one was horrible.  ACV did the trick, I felt the Earth move when I drank a tbsp in water, I didn't care how awful it tasted, I was going  to try it!

It worked, I was so much better in literally a few minutes, and after 3 days I knew it was completely gone.  I hope anyone with sinus issues, especially having tried those dreaded antibiotics with no help, ACV is the one, I always have a glass bottle of it, and only one brand I'll buy, Bragg organic, with the Mother in it ;) oregonlady

• Love 1

Thanks buddies for ur lovely advice x I’m glad I didn’t get them too. The difficulty breathing was scary tho. 
Im all good now since doing saline rinse. A bit snotty but not so unwell x went back to gym today to get rid of xmas fluff I put on. Geez. 
no sun AD! Urgh I’m such a huge sun worshipper I would legit go crazy. Is it cold too? 

will try ACV too! We have mother kind at home great tip OG lady! What’s weather like up there? 

im at work having lunch. Here is my view 🥰

421807FD-6533-450C-BC40-2AB406B1C3C5.jpeg

Edited by [Sh...]

Shayna, so happy to hear that you are feeling better!  But, I feel badly that you have such an ugly landscape in your direct view at work…..NOT!   I still remember visiting Sydney in 1972 with my parents and we took a bus as tourists to visit Bondi Beach; this was in May and quite chilly, but I enjoyed watching some good looking young men surfing in their tight wet suits.  I was only 25 and a young married, but still enjoyed a great view myself.

Stay healthy…..you have paid your dues a hundred times over🙏😍😍😍😍

GG

On 29/12/2023 at 15:37, [[o...] said:

I was healed of a sinus infection that lasted months with 3 rounds of anitbiotics, I was so sick, equilibrium was off and my head felt like it was full of cement.  I told this story somewhere else but I've never taken another antibiotic, and zero sinus infections ever again.  They would start every Winter but that last one was horrible.  ACV did the trick, I felt the Earth move when I drank a tbsp in water, I didn't care how awful it tasted, I was going  to try it!

It worked, I was so much better in literally a few minutes, and after 3 days I knew it was completely gone.  I hope anyone with sinus issues, especially having tried those dreaded antibiotics with no help, ACV is the one, I always have a glass bottle of it, and only one brand I'll buy, Bragg organic, with the Mother in it ;) oregonlady

Hello Oregonlady.  What is ACV?  Sounds like something I might try as I get repeat sinus issues ever winter?!

GG