Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Please Help, Liver Enzyme is slightly elevated? Can anyone suggest natural supplements to help with Histamine issues 2023/2024?

[AL...]

My Endocrinologist says one of my liver enzymes is slightly elevated.  Honestly, I didn't ask in-depth questions because I have a severe anxiety problem I'm fighting.  He said I shouldn't be concerned, I could be dehydrated, but we will monitor.  I want to try Milk Thistle or Dandelion Root but affraid it will cause a histamine reaction.  ANY advice will be appreciated.

Alwayshope

Did you take any alcohol 24 hours prior?  I tried milk thistle but don't know if that helped.  Stopping alcohol and losing weight did the trick for me.

Eat broccoli! Just had my liver enzymes checked and they are great, we eat broccoli at least 3 days per week while I'm tapering. I can't eat alot of things no, cheese, turkey, Tomatoe sauce, Tomatoes, so many foods I used to eat I can no longer tolerate. I eat 3 eggs, wheat bread, Avocado breakfast, the Avocado makes me feel bad but I need the fat, lunch, almond butter sandwich, 2to 3 per day with blueberries, dinner, Meatloaf, baked potato,  broccoli or green beans, my partial teeth broke so I have issues with eating fresh veg etc. Cant have most anyway. Baked chicken, potato, with butter, broccoli or green beans. Have to do it no choice. No sugar for 4 yrs now, no bananas, fruit, salads for me, garlic sets me off. Going to try an antihistamine but am terrified of the reaction I'll get. I have high sensitivity to everything, it all works backwards on me now.pur son uses dandelion and milk thistle but he's not tapering, I cannot use either. 

I.hope you can use them, they really help him.

Be well, stay strong, trust the lord, keep your mind and hands busy.

Bless ya