Benzo belly Waves & Windows

[mi...]

For those with this symptom, do you get periods where things feel normal? I have had my entire abdominal cavity paralyzed all day long with no break whatsoever. But then a few days ago I was passing gas and feeling light and flat for long periods of each day. I cannot get my gut to unlock the pressure and tension and passed gas no matter what I do. Other days it’s no issues. Has nothing to do with what I eat. Happens when jt wants to how it wants to. This sucks. 

• Like 1

I was having those same symptoms and ended up getting a stool test which revealed that I likely have high sensitivity to gluten. The doctor explained that eating gluten all the time probably wrecked my stomach lining so that anything i ate made me bloat and feel horrible.

Anyway, I quit gluten entirely and all bloating and gas went away within a week. 

I was so surprised because I have eaten lots of toast, bagels, cereals etc. forever with no problem. I wonder if the benzo damage made me more vulnerable to the inflammation it caused.

I hope you get some relief!

Jenny

Hmmm, wow. Yeah i never eat gluten so I know it isn't that. It doesn't seem food related. I can eat three full meals or hardly eat at all the the symptoms are the same. The other day I ate 3 plates of food for lunch. Felt the exact same after. I think I'm having a nerve paralysis thing going on in my abdomen. Like muscles not moving. Pelvic floor maybe, i dont even know.But digestion works, the muscles in my core and pelvic floor just lock up my abdomen and make it hard to pee and make everything feel so tight.

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

For those with this symptom, do you get periods where things feel normal? I have had my entire abdominal cavity paralyzed all day long with no break whatsoever. But then a few days ago I was passing gas and feeling light and flat for long periods of each day. I cannot get my gut to unlock the pressure and tension and passed gas no matter what I do. Other days it’s no issues. Has nothing to do with what I eat. Happens when jt wants to how it wants to. This sucks. 

Hi there. I'm really glad you brought this up. So... I hear so many people talking about ' benzo belly.' But I would like clarification on what Benzo Belly FEELS like with symptoms for other people. 

I ask because I have had THE WORST PAIN in my upper left abdominal quadrant for over a year now. During and after tapering. I've had a CT - and nothing shows up.

This pain in my upper left quadrant does come and go. I can't tell if it's tied to specific foods (I'm already eating SO clean right now.

Muscles and nerves overfiring and tense everywhere. Pain and pressure constantly and nervy tingly stud everywhere. Constant sensations that you shouldn’t be able to feel. Hell. 

• 4 months later...