Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Peeling painful gums

[Th...]

@[Th...], I read a research paper where it was mentioned that benzos interrupt the normal saliva production in the mouth. Unfortunately when my laptop crashed I lost all of my informative papers about benzos and how they affect the human body.

The lack of saliva can cause all sorts of issues. For me, it allowed bacteria to get under two of my crowns. I ended up having to get two dental implants. I’m not surprised it is causing gum problems for you.

This should improve with time. I wonder if rinsing with warm salt water would help.

pianogirl :smitten:

• Like 1

Vitamin K-2 gets used up in histamine disorders and benzo withdrawal for long complicated reasons related to nitric oxide, which I won't bore you with. When Vitamin K-2 goes missing, you get bleeding gums, gingivitis and cavities. I got lots of cavities during benzo withdrawal. Then I was fine for years until I got long covid and I started getting cavities again. Not coincidentally, both withdrawal and covid create high histamine environments.

Many holistic dentists don't drill cavities at all but just give patients high doses of K-2. In fact, it was a dentist named Weston Price who discovered a vitamin that hunter-gatherers got in mass that prevented them from having cavities or dental and gum problems which he named Activator X--- later the scientists called it Vitamin K-2. As for blisters in the gums, I'm not certain its related, but it's worth a shot. The best forms of K-2 to take are MK-7 and MK-4. A healthy gut is supposed to produce a large amount of your K-2 needs, but we don't have healthy guts, so.....

Edited by [as...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/09/2023 at 15:35, [[p...] said:

@[Th...], I read a research paper where it was mentioned that benzos interrupt the normal saliva production in the mouth. Unfortunately when my laptop crashed I lost all of my informative papers about benzos and how they affect the human body.

The lack of saliva can cause all sorts of issues. For me, it allowed bacteria to get under two of my crowns. I ended up having to get two dental implants. I’m not surprised it is causing gum problems for you.

This should improve with time. I wonder if rinsing with warm salt water would help.

I am scared of this. I have veneers on my 2 front teeth. My gums are inflamed and if lose my veneers I have vampire teeth under. I had I change 4 crowns since March. Vit K?

On 25/09/2023 at 23:14, [[a...] said:

Vitamin K-2 gets used up in histamine disorders and benzo withdrawal for long complicated reasons related to nitric oxide, which I won't bore you with. When Vitamin K-2 goes missing, you get bleeding gums, gingivitis and cavities. I got lots of cavities during benzo withdrawal. Then I was fine for years until I got long covid and I started getting cavities again. Not coincidentally, both withdrawal and covid create high histamine environments.

Many holistic dentists don't drill cavities at all but just give patients high doses of K-2. In fact, it was a dentist named Weston Price who discovered a vitamin that hunter-gatherers got in mass that prevented them from having cavities or dental and gum problems which he named Activator X--- later the scientists called it Vitamin K-2. As for blisters in the gums, I'm not certain its related, but it's worth a shot. The best forms of K-2 to take are MK-7 and MK-4. A healthy gut is supposed to produce a large amount of your K-2 needs, but we don't have healthy guts, so.....

Where do you get those vitamins? 

Since I bought and started using a Waterpik (water jet flosser) regularly in addition to my electric Oral-B toothbrush and thread flossing, my dental health and hygiene have both been impeccable. I do need one more implant. It is scheduled in mid Nov. of this year.  I already have two implants and many crowns for not taking better care of my teeth when I was younger.

@[Ch...], instead of veneers, my front two teeth are capped, so I also have vampire teeth underneath 😁. If those teeth underneath the caps ever need to be extracted, I will get two implants in the front. My biggest fear is a front tooth cap comes off or breaks like on a weekend. I would probably wear a COVID mask until I could see my dentist ASAP. LOL 

How much are implants. I am petrified @[An...]  I am already so financially in a bind plus my surgery. My dental hygiene always been good. Everything is happening at the same time. There is only so much a person can take. Already replace 3 crowns because of cavities under them without insurance. I am so discouraged at life right now. 

@[Ch...]

The cost of the implants seems to be coming down in price a little as more and more general dentists are starting to do them. I think the total cost for me was right around 5K dollars, but the price can vary a lot due to other factors involved. They are expensive but have a high success rate.

On 23/09/2023 at 15:35, [[p...] said:

Hey @[pi...]

After the two extractions, did the dentist wait 3 months for things to heal before placing the implants? I know they can extract the tooth and place the implant the same day, depending on how healthy your gums are and if there is sufficient jawbone. I think I would rather wait tho for things to heal up and then return for the implant.

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Hey @[pi...]

After the two extractions, did the dentist wait 3 months for things to heal before placing the implants? I know they can extract the tooth and place the implant the same day, depending on how healthy your gums are and if there is sufficient jawbone. I think I would rather wait tho for things to heal up and then return for the implant.

Hello @[An...],

My dentist waited 3 months before placing the implants. He said the ones that promise an implant in  one day often fail. This happened to my brother.

2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[An...],

My dentist waited 3 months before placing the implants. He said the ones that promise an implant in  one day often fail. This happened to my brother.

Ok, thanks 👍. I will be sure to tell my dentist I would rather wait 3 months after the extraction. 

image.png.5d8208f0105964a823f44c8cf7315300.png

• Like 1

Yes my front teeth are covered with veneers. I am so anxious it is unbelievable. I am falling apart and I have not started the taper in tolerance only. God help me. I will not be able to go through this.  

Hi everyone.... 

I have sjrogens which autoimmune I don't make saliva tears or my digestion is bad..I had a good dentist who I saw every 3months to keep an eye on my teeth and put some stuff on to stop them decaying but my dentist retired the new one couldn't be bothered and said have your teeth out (there was nothing wrong with them) ,dentures will be fine I objected but he sent me to hospital 3yesrs down the line I'm in alot of pain tension headaches etc ...I'm having to see a private dentist not an NHS one I'm in the UK I think I'm going to have to have implants but my jaw is out of line now... Chantel I empathise with you everything is complicated and difficult...and the drain of always having to find the finances and going yhro withdrawal  

Take care 🙏

12 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Chantal, are you having issues with your front teeth...the ones covered with veneers? I need an upper back premolar extracted?

Antibenzo.   Having root canal on upper back molar then extraction caused and still causing me alot of pain my jaw was damaged....hope yours goes ok  

🙏

I am not in a shape to provide sources but they are easily available. What helped me immensely are xilitol chewing gums. They promote saliva producing and should help prevent cavities. National dentist association is favorable where I live. 
Small silicone pick could help if used carefully, and floss for dental orthodontics (a rigid “head” to help insertion and a fluffier, more gentle fabric). Also I switched to really soft toothbrush bristles and it’s game changing.

Green tea is helpful for some studies but please do your researchers :)

Edited by [Id...]
Addition

• 2 months later...

Did anyone try probiotics for teeth and gums health? I've just discovered them, addressed prodentim com customer service for details, and I'm thinking about making an order, but it would be great to find out other people's experiences first. 

Edited by [ha...]