Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Vent here

[re...]

Wow!! Reading these last 2 posts I'm glad I've resisted the multiple time MS has tried to brain wash everyone by popping up a window to upgrade every 10minutes, with the 'You can go back in 31 days if you don't like it'' crap. I also think they did something to my PC as each time it appears I get problems, and its been happening since that crummy add for 10 appear. I don't want windows 10, I read reviews and I don't like what I've read.

Plus you lose a lot of stuff you have in windows 7 or 8.1 that's really useful, there's too many glitches in 10, and those that do like it which aren't that many are tech heads who llooovveee anything new to play with. And you have until july 29th to decide if your going to install it but it looks like people are having it forced on them? BG, :hug: Have you got the disc for your other version of windows? Get some one to reinstall it or you can read up and see if you can possibly do it yourself. Becks, :hug: did you also have the update by force or by choice?

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, I do not have disk for my Windows 8.1, or what I had before this underhanded takeover, I have fears if I try to go back they will do more to my commuters, I do not trust them at all, and now I have all my Life almost on the commuter and I feel violated and it does not feel good at all, I have always been one to make my own decisions and felt that I have made the best ones for me, but this is just unreal, I know of another Buddie that this happened to also, and what is that with how they are messing around in our commuters, all you have to do is log on and things kept blipping up, so unless I want to invest in a Mac, and I can't right now, spent a lot for my 23" Desktop and lucky for me I got an awesome price for my 2yr old Laptop, but it came with 8.1. End of Story for now. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

OKAY my turn to blow off some steam !!! STUPID NAUSEA THIS MORNING DIDN T LET ME DRIVE MY KIDS TO SCHOOL.

JUST WANNA KICK THAT BEAVER S BUTTTTTT !!!!!  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I am like Becks. Hating my life. Hating that I am 46 and I am stuck in bed feeling crap. Also that I can't go out because of agoraphobia. My life isn't worth living.

I am like Becks. Hating my life. Hating that I am 46 and I am stuck in bed feeling crap. Also that I can't go out because of agoraphobia. My life isn't worth living.

Maybe not today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

just found this thread...what I need today.  It;s my birthday today- I turned 60 - I have wasted 30 years on xanax - half my life.

what a waste of years!  life is short . And to top it off I fee like crap today!  It's my birthday and I will cry if I want to. Bad day- usually I try to stay positive but not today. You don't turn 60 every day- thank god. 

Happy Birthday, ontheroadme. I heard 60 is the new 40.

I think that means you shouldn't plan to retire very soon.  ;D

Be sure to have some cake and ice cream tonight, even if

you have to take yourowndamnself out to Dairy Queen.

http://www.misskatecuttables.com/uploads/shopping_cart/7362/large_cake-and-ice-cream-girl.png

Happy Birthday, ontheroadme. I heard 60 is the new 40.

I think that means you shouldn't plan to retire very soon.  ;D

Be sure to have some cake and ice cream tonight, even if

you have to take yourowndamnself out to Dairy Queen.

http://www.misskatecuttables.com/uploads/shopping_cart/7362/large_cake-and-ice-cream-girl.png

And with all the expectation on one day, string it out: make it 30 days! Happy Birthday days!

I kept rejecting all those Windows 10 updates by choice.  I still have Windows 7.  Now Microsoft won't give me my security updates.  I keep trying to download them each night now and they won't work.  Microsoft totally sucks.  They are a monopoly and are terrible.  They are ruining ppl.'s computers and lives.  As far as how I'm feeling, I feel like shit every single day.  My mind is gone now and I have dementia from these damn pills and on disability now.  Had a seizure at work years ago and my brain hasn't been the same since.  I used to be able to figure stuff out and had a good mind.  Now my body and brain are mush.  I wish I could sue the shit out of Big Pharma.  They owe me. 

I kept rejecting all those Windows 10 updates by choice.  I still have Windows 7.  Now Microsoft won't give me my security updates.  I keep trying to download them each night now and they won't work.  Microsoft totally sucks.  They are a monopoly and are terrible.  They are ruining ppl.'s computers and lives.  As far as how I'm feeling, I feel like shit every single day.  My mind is gone now and I have dementia from these damn pills and on disability now.  Had a seizure at work years ago and my brain hasn't been the same since.  I used to be able to figure stuff out and had a good mind.  Now my body and brain are mush.  I wish I could sue the shit out of Big Pharma.  They owe me.

2nd Tuesday of the month is Microsoft Tuesday when they pump out windows updates (includes security updates). If your computer is set to receive them automatically there should not be a problem. You will notice that the updates are being installed when you shut down for the night and start up the next morning. I have windows 7 on all of my computers and refuse to update to 10. I get my updates with no problems.

I know all about black patch Tuesday.  I'm on dialup.  I never had a problem with these updates in the past and now they don't work.  I can download other stuff off the web, but not these stupid updates. There's no excuse for this from Microsoft.  They suck. 

That is a drag. I wonder if it will start to happen to more people. I am waiting for Microsoft to announce that they are going to stop supporting Windows 7 and that they going to start charging for an update to 10.

Becks,

My brain is right there with yours.

Major BRAIN PULL...makes no sense...none of this does!

As for the windows 10...I actually clicked on the install button and it jacked up my computer. Had to take it to the shop. Got it fixed and now I will stick with what I know...everything else seems to stress me out.

FB

more on my  birthday vent...to top it off this morning the doctor calls to schedule my colonoscopy now that it is my birthday. GREAT... Not. Just what I need in the midst of withdrawal- a colonoscopy prep and a hose up my butt! I think not. told them to call back in the fall. May change my phone number. Ha! Just kidding ..I think.

Actually a colonoscopy can be fun.

Just go, and have a small hose already in.

That'll give 'em something to talk about.

If not a hose, how about a rose? (Think of their nose!)

You could put it between your toes, I suppose,

but what butt-nut would look so low?

I wanted to go to Idaho,

but my benzo budz all told me No -

because Boise will be Boise,

you know - so I ended up at

the Institute of Assholenterology at

a backward university

in Butte.

The hardest part is just the prep -

which really can take some guts -

but don't fret.

Just go with the flow.

And wear something old.

Windows 10 should be renamed Waves 10.  :oXo:

Askwoody.com who everyone respects said Windows 10 is crapware.  It spies on everything you do.  Windows 7 will be supported until 2020.  Now some stupid partial update is trying to install on my computer when I boot it up.  They are so screwed up.  I give up with them.  Alot of ppl. are having problems with Windows 10 and Windows 7 updates not downloading.  If you download Windows 10 and want to go back to another OS, you are SOL.  It usually won't work.  Stupid idiots.   

Windows 10 should be renamed Waves 10.  :oXo:

Askwoody.com who everyone respects said Windows 10 is crapware.  It spies on everything you do.  Windows 7 will be supported until 2020.  Now some stupid partial update is trying to install on my computer when I boot it up.  They are so screwed up.  I give up with them.  Alot of ppl. are having problems with Windows 10 and Windows 7 updates not downloading.  If you download Windows 10 and want to go back to another OS, you are SOL.  It usually won't work.  Stupid idiots. 

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems, but thanks for the warning.

Popcorn Lady, Everything is OK, please do not worry, I am glad you posted something, I am just going to use that font on my Blog, I am going to use this one on regular posting, Please, you like me need to post, we are going through  horrible things from Benzo's.

I have to Vent I am living in the USA, and this Evening Micro Soft took away my decision not to upgrade to Windows 10, and I am furious how dare they, and they did dare me and Hijacked my commuter, and I had been noticing funny things going on with my laptop for a while, so after working on getting back and putting my stuff where I want, I am just really mad, but makes me think Big Brother is always lurking around. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Look this is how their catching people out who don't want the upgrade  :tickedoff:

''Last week, Microsoft silently changed Get Windows 10 yet again. And this time, it has gone beyond the social engineering scheme that has been fooling people into inadvertently upgrading to Windows 10 for months. This time, it actually changed the behavior of the window that appears so that if you click the “Close” window box, you are actually agreeing to the upgrade. Without you knowing what just happened.

Previously, closing this window would correctly signal that you do not want the upgrade. So Microsoft didn’t change the wording in the window. It didn’t make an “Upgrade now” button bigger, or a non-existent “don’t ever upgrade” button smaller. It pulled a switcheroonie. It’s like going out to your car in the morning and discovering that the gas pedal now applies the brakes, while the brake pedal washes the windshield. Have a fun commute!''  https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/67367/upgradegate-microsofts-upgrade-deceptions-undermining-windows-10

Am I glad I found this out as I just close the dialogue box down, so next time I'm hitting the F OFF! Button it pops up ever day a few times a day >:( AAARRGGHHH! I just noticed there's also a 'Windows charm button'' appeared which looks like the start up charms button but its not its a '''get windows10'' if you open it it automatically upgrades to windows 10'' BE CAREFUL  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Try this here Steve Gibson’s Never 10 Helps You Turn Off the Windows 10 Upgrade https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/65706/steve-gibsons-never-10-helps-turn-off-windows-10-upgrade-announcement

I just want to feel right in my body and to be able to balance. I also would like to be able to breathe properly and think a little clearer. Is that really asking for so much? I have SO many other symptoms, but these ones are the killlers. 15+ months of this madness with no end in sight. I'm so sick of contemplating killing myself every day.

Popcorn Lady, Everything is OK, please do not worry, I am glad you posted something, I am just going to use that font on my Blog, I am going to use this one on regular posting, Please, you like me need to post, we are going through  horrible things from Benzo's.

I have to Vent I am living in the USA, and this Evening Micro Soft took away my decision not to upgrade to Windows 10, and I am furious how dare they, and they did dare me and Hijacked my commuter, and I had been noticing funny things going on with my laptop for a while, so after working on getting back and putting my stuff where I want, I am just really mad, but makes me think Big Brother is always lurking around. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Thanks, Nova, I will read the link you posted, it just is so under handed what Micro Soft is doing, and sometimes when you get so big, you have a further way to fall d..............o...........w..............n, it just feels so violating to me, and I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way from the posts here and outside of BB. Thanks again Sista'  :smitten:

Look this is how their catching people out who don't want the upgrade  :tickedoff:

''Last week, Microsoft silently changed Get Windows 10 yet again. And this time, it has gone beyond the social engineering scheme that has been fooling people into inadvertently upgrading to Windows 10 for months. This time, it actually changed the behavior of the window that appears so that if you click the “Close” window box, you are actually agreeing to the upgrade. Without you knowing what just happened.

Previously, closing this window would correctly signal that you do not want the upgrade. So Microsoft didn’t change the wording in the window. It didn’t make an “Upgrade now” button bigger, or a non-existent “don’t ever upgrade” button smaller. It pulled a switcheroonie. It’s like going out to your car in the morning and discovering that the gas pedal now applies the brakes, while the brake pedal washes the windshield. Have a fun commute!''  https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/67367/upgradegate-microsofts-upgrade-deceptions-undermining-windows-10

Am I glad I found this out as I just close the dialogue box down, so next time I'm hitting the F OFF! Button it pops up ever day a few times a day >:( AAARRGGHHH! I just noticed there's also a 'Windows charm button'' appeared which looks like the start up charms button but its not its a '''get windows10'' if you open it it automatically upgrades to windows 10'' BE CAREFUL  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Try this here Steve Gibson’s Never 10 Helps You Turn Off the Windows 10 Upgrade https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/65706/steve-gibsons-never-10-helps-turn-off-windows-10-upgrade-announcement

Thanks Nova for the link, will look at it in a bit, I wish I had known about what they were doing, I knew that things did not seem right on my commuter, and now I know they were lurking around. Just unreal, sometimes big corporations get too dam big for their britches, and I am sure from the posts here, that many are being affected. Hopefully they will read what you wrote. Thanks Sista' for the information. :smitten: