Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Zopiclone

[...]

Hello, anyone have experience using it for sleep for short periods. I have been using it for 5 days 7.5mg and it knocks me out. Reduced my Klonopin from 2 mg to 1 mg in the am. Still dealing with sleep issues as it seems common tapering. Thanks

Insomnia is an awful withdrawal symptom and it can make you desperate for relief but I would be very cautious with Zoplicone. It' part of a group of drugs known as Z-drugs which are technically not benzos - However this class of drugs does target the same receptors in the brain.  You can become dependent on Zoplicone very quickly and then be faced with tapering and withdrawal issues same as benzos. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  But you will find many other ideas for coping with insomnia.

• Like 1

I concur with Brighterday, Z drugs are just as dangerous as Benzos IMO.  I've used both for sleep and they are a dead end road as they eventually quit working at your current dose.  Lack of sleep will not kill you.  It is the absolute worst symptom, IMO as it makes all other symptoms worse, but you can get past this given enough time.