Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Yogurt seems to help!

[mi...]

Hopefully that will help some, but in my experience, nothing can speed up the healing and/or regrowing of GABA receptors that have been damaged or destroyed by Benzos.  Time alone is the healer.  There are no shortcuts, herbs, OTC or supplements or ways under, over or around Benzo WD.  Nothing in my experience is able to speed up healing and recovery.

• Like 1

I think about this a lot, and definitely believe it's best to leave anything alone that messes with the healing we need for our CNS.  But, what I believe is that our nutrition is vital in healing the body, so is exercise of some sort for different issues.

Most important is to do your own research, reading, listening and deciding what is best.  I don't want to take anything that messes with those receptor directly, like, meant to help GABA etc., but food is vital for healing a body, the whole body.  I hope this is making sense.  Our food supply, or just the way we eat, if both are poorly in nutrition, to me could inhibit healing.

I read, and weed, some things like magnesium/topical and capsules, I believe in, the oil topically took away an awful aching in my leg.  Yes, the body heals but it has to have the best nutrition we can supply to it, and maybe a supplement that is missing in our foods.  No way to figure that out how depleted our foods may be, at least it's overwhelming to me to try and find out right now.

One more thing, drugs are not the only thing that can destroy our bodies.  Added sugars, processed foods, high amounts of simple carbs which turn into Glucose, and that glucose is compared to amount of table sugar.

for instance, one baked potato with nothing on it, studies show that is equal to 9 teaspoons of table sugar, does the same thing to the body as sugar in other words.  I'm going to plug in a site that compares so foods we may eat every day, that more and more doctors, scientists etc. are discovering are causing obesity, T2 diabetes, and other health issues.  Dr. Unwin is excellent to listen to as well.  I'll put a link to his video as well:

https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/what-is-a-low-carb-lifestyle/dr-unwins-sugar-infographics/

Podcast, long, but worth it imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QizJhk4DaUY&list=PLwZBGDeIeol9VQdOoW_6g5PV2_UVXCjr9

Yes! I just said this in response to someone else's post about "benzo belly", for whatever reason back when I was in the early days of withdrawal I found that yogurt was one of the few things I could get down easily and would help a lot. Specifically, I found kefir was the best on nights where I didn't want to eat anything but knew I needed to get something in my stomach. I can't advocate for any of the science behind it, but it made my tummy feel good when most other things didn't.

• Like 1