Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Feeling depressed ,dad got heart attack

[Ki...]

So sorry to hear this Kiwi, I can't imagine what it would be like.  Is he surviving it?  I know I am hyper-sensitive to things that worry me, or upset me at all.  But you are in the right place here on BB.  Others suffer setbacks, but yet we have info on how to get back on the horse so to speak. 

I have never been long-term bed-bound but there are those here that are, and also some I've heard have recovered from that situation.  I know they will chime in although sometimes you have to look around the boards to find them ;)  I've only been here 5 months, and tapering, but it's saved my life, I truly believe that. 

As I've gone through some things, not near as difficult as yours right now, but I have become stronger to face future pitfalls.  I will always have all the wide range of emotions, but not to the extreme that benzos pushed me into, I am already healing as I taper, and I didn't know any healing could happen until I finish  my final taper (about 10 months from now). There is so much hope to be found here, and others like us we can relate to, and they can relate to us.  It's very comforting, Denise:smitten::hug: